United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Default Arsenal United in 3D

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...-3d-television

Quote:
Sunday's match between Arsenal and Manchester United will be the world's first live 3D television sports broadcast, Sky said yesterday.

The match at Arsenal's Emirates Stadium will be broadcast at nine pubs in London, Manchester, Cardiff, Edinburgh, and Dublin as the public's first taste of live 3D football ahead of Sky's dedicated 3D channel launching in April.

On Sunday Sky will transmit two live feeds – one to its traditional Sky Sports customers and another in 3D. Two separate commentary teams, two camera crews and two production teams will produce the simultaneous broadcasts. The former Arsenal centre-forward Alan Smith and the commentator Alan Parry will be the first voices of live 3D sport.

Sky Sports' Darren Long dismissed the suggestion 3D sport was a gimmick and said the extra dimension gives viewers a greater appreciation of the action. "When you watch a golfer putting in 2D it looks flat – it looks easy," he said. "When you see it in 3D you can see every bump and contour on the green and you really appreciate their skill."
Don't understand how this will work. I watched avatar in 3D and the background was deliberatly made blury (with glasses on obv.) so the foreground stands out more. Which I thought was kind of cheating.
What's the point and moreso, where will this madness stop?

Unread 28-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Lok

Default Re: Arsenal United in 3D

Unread 28-01-2010, 02:34 PM
silv

Devon left behind in technology wake shocker

Unread 28-01-2010, 02:37 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Anyone know which 2 pubs in manchester are showing this?

Unread 28-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Tumescent Throb

they'll be broadcasting it with the top of someone's head at the bottom of the screen next

Unread 28-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Argentina

Will everyone be standing there wearing the glasses? Cos if so that's a bit gay for a football game

Unread 28-01-2010, 02:41 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...-3d-television

Don't understand how this will work. I watched avatar in 3D and the background was deliberatly made blury (with glasses on obv.) so the foreground stands out more. Which I thought was kind of cheating.
What's the point and moreso, where will this madness stop?
it'll be on a seperate channel mate

Unread 28-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
they'll be broadcasting it with the top of someone's head at the bottom of the screen next
Excellent idea in fairness. Maybe they can show it out doors to get that authentic, out door feeling.

Unread 28-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Will everyone be standing there wearing the glasses? Cos if so that's a bit gay for a football game
I bet you the people with normal glasses will be delighted with this news now that they won't stand out like complete wasters with dodgy eyes.

Unread 28-01-2010, 02:50 PM
El Chalten

if utd win, expect Wenger to come out and say it's not fair.

"utd were playing in 3D"

at least he wouldn't be able to say he didn't see it.

nft.

Unread 28-01-2010, 04:08 PM
wonky no

i think they should supply goalie gloves with shock sensors in like a ps3 controler so you feel it when someone shoots.

Unread 28-01-2010, 04:32 PM
toseeunited

http://www.sky.com/shop/3d/home/

Unread 28-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Stakker

Which pubs in London are showing it?

Unread 28-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Sloppy

Id watch it in 1d if it means i dont have to listen to tyler and gray.

Unread 28-01-2010, 06:42 PM
taff

3D telly is an absolute load of %@#$&!s. i just want to watch the game, i don't £#%&!ing care if the ball looks like it's coming right at you. if you want that, buy a ticket. you can even lob 3D bottles at a 3D craig bellamy.

it might stop fights between rival fans in pubs though. "you can't hit me, i'm wearing glasses" etc. silly @#%&!s swinging at each other looking like two stevie wonders.

Unread 28-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2000
Ive just noticed your avatar. My mate impy wont be pleased you cut this head off from the left side
Look at me. Im friends with Kevin Webster and also im a cyborg so you can't hurt me unless you blow me up. You make me sick.

Unread 19-03-2010, 11:12 AM
toseeunited

Football Re: Arsenal United in 3D

Doesn't help those of us who are going the game, but I spoke to my mate who works for the Sky Production team and United vs Chelsea is going to be done in 3D, at more venues than last time as well...

Unread 19-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
Doesn't help those of us who are going the game, but I spoke to my mate who works for the Sky Production team and United vs Chelsea is going to be done in 3D, at more venues than last time as well...
True. They're also going to do the last game of the season in 3D.

They're hoping to have the service up and running in homes for the start of next season. Most of it depends on the manufacturers getting the special TV's out in time.

Don't know why they're bothering tbh. Until you can watch it without glasses, it wont take off.

Unread 19-03-2010, 11:17 AM
koppas

3D tvs are gonna cost a £#%&!ing fortune. It ain't gonna take off imo.

Unread 19-03-2010, 11:24 AM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
3D tvs are gonna cost a £#%&!ing fortune. It ain't gonna take off imo.
it's cheaper to buy a projector...

i'm gonna get a projector for my next tv

looking at this one now, and they're starting to bring out 3D ready ones...
Closed Thread