United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-01-2021, 01:35 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Point taken. Will look forward to the next installment.
Nah don’t do that either

Unread 31-01-2021, 01:36 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
he’s their top scorer of all time ffs
Not good enough. He's no Kerry Dixon.

Unread 31-01-2021, 01:46 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
Nah don’t do that either
Is a flounce on the horizon?

Unread 31-01-2021, 02:18 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
he’s their top scorer of all time ffs
so is Rooney here tbf but doesn't stop folk calling him shit as well

Unread 31-01-2021, 02:21 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
so is Rooney here tbf but doesn't stop folk calling him shit as well
People said he wasn't great in his last few seasons. Because he wasn't.

But I don't think there is a sensible United fan who would ever say he was shit for us ffs

Unread 31-01-2021, 02:47 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
People said he wasn't great in his last few seasons. Because he wasn't.

But I don't think there is a sensible United fan who would ever say he was shit for us ffs
There’s the flaw in your reasoning

Unread 31-01-2021, 02:49 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
There’s the flaw in your reasoning
Beat me to it.

That said, the 2010 contract/transfer fiasco did blot his copybook somewhat.

Unread 31-01-2021, 06:58 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
Bruno is incredibly overrated by our fanbase tbh

He doesn’t pass the ball well enough

His ball retention is dog shit

And when he’s not scoring free kicks and penalties he doesn’t impact the game enough

He’s no Cantona that’s for sure
No one is Cantona mate.

If anything Bruno is underrated.

Take him out of our club and you see what we are (January 2020).

Unread 31-01-2021, 08:31 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
If anything Bruno is underrated.

Take him out of our club and you see what we are (January 2020).
On this at least, you are correct. Unbelievable how quick some of our "fans" are to slag him off

Unread 03-02-2021, 01:12 PM
saffers

Another 3 g/a last night.

Insane production.

Unread 03-02-2021, 01:25 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Another 3 g/a last night.
Insane production.
This is him out of form apparently

Love the man

Unread 03-02-2021, 01:55 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
This is him out of form apparently

Love the man
Pure winner.

I knew he was the real deal when he abused Lindelof after De jong scored for Sevilla in the cup semi. He should be captain.

Unread 07-02-2021, 12:21 PM
AK14

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ights-19787909

Just give the man the arm band!

Unread 07-02-2021, 01:08 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
One year, 54 games and 49 goals later, the 26-year-old can safely be called a steal for Manchester United.

"It has been a very good year. Of course, it has been difficult both for me and the whole club not to have the fans in the stands. I came to the Premier League because I love the atmosphere that is in the stadiums on match day. I miss it a bit, but all in all my first year has been very good both on and off the field. I have found myself very comfortable in the club, the city and the country, and I am very happy to be here."

The interview is done via the communication platform Zoom, but it does not take long before the Portuguese starts making demands.

From the media room at Carrington, he orders the man who is mowing the grass outside the room to find another lawn to mow for the next few minutes.

And when Bruno Fernandes speaks - you listen.

"I demand an incredible amount of myself and I demand a lot from the people in my life. Demanding for me is not about being afraid of someone or that someone is bigger than others. When I demand something from someone, it is because I think they can do it", Fernandes explains and continues:

"I am demanding because I think you are capable of doing what I ask. It's not about me or what I want, but rather that that person should get better for themselves and the team."

The Manchester United star grew up in the city of Maia in the district of Porto, and already as a boy there was only one thing written on Fernandes' forehead: winning. In other words: It`s hard to find a worse loser.

"I do not react well when we lose. I do not like to lose. I know people say that sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, but I do not think so. For me, it's about winning every single time. I do not care who we play against, it's just about winning every time", says Fernandes, who admits that there are few bright spots in his life when a defeat occurs.

"I know that people think differently, and for some it goes well even if you lose, but when I lose I see problems everywhere. I see problems with myself, I see what I have done wrong and I am unhappy."

"That's how I've been since I was little. When I lost, I went home and locked myself in a room. When my mother shouted that dinner was over, I had locked the door so that no one could enter. But she knew it would pass and that I would come out when I was hungry", says Fernande's smiling.

On Ole Gunnar Solskjær:

"I think everyone knows that he gives the players a lot of confidence. The conversations we had when I came here were very important to me, because he always said that I should express myself. In the beginning, he often repeated that I should express myself, be myself and do the same thing I have always done", Fernandes explains, who further says that the two have great respect for each other.

"Over time, he has begun to demand more and more of me, and I think it is important that I demand a lot back. Because it is a sign that we have things to improve and you must always improve."

But in the heat of the match the everyone can get heated, and even Fernandes has felt the heat from Solskjær.

"He has his moments, like everyone else. I think he's been really mad at me twice. It's not so much, I've played 54 games now. During these games he has been angry with me twice, so I'm happy with that", Fernandes chuckles, before he continues more seriously:

"But I think it's important. Sometimes he has to be calm, other times he has to scream and yell at his players. It's about how to get the best out of the players. For me, it works well that he is angry sometimes. I do not want to be such a player that no one demands anything from. I want both him and my teammates to demand a lot from me when I do not do the right things."

Because that's how Fernandes is. In him still lives the bad loser who locked himself in the children's room, but it is a result of the enormous demands he sets on himself and his surroundings.

"We have to focus on the trophies. That's what it's about. We have to focus on all the tournaments we are in. Now we are still in three tournaments. Now it's first the Premier League, then the FA Cup and then the Europa League begins. I think we have to think that we are going to win all those tournaments. We have the chance to do that and we have to believe that it is possible", says Fernandes confidently.

For every defeat hurts so much and every victory means so much. For Bruno Fernandes, there is only one thing that matters:

"Trophies. That's what it's about for us and the club. The most important thing for us and this club is to win trophies, and everyone knows that. It does not matter which trophy we win, but I hope we can win all three", the Portuguese concludes.

Unread 07-02-2021, 01:13 PM
AK14

He’s averaged a goal involvement for every game he’s played

Unread 07-02-2021, 01:14 PM
NedKelly

Sounds like a right sulky shit. Love him

Unread 07-02-2021, 01:19 PM
ZiggyStardust

Hope he chinned De Gea in the dressing room

Unread 07-02-2021, 02:07 PM
Whip Hubley

Yeah but he's overrated by our fan base

Unread 07-02-2021, 02:08 PM
barca99

If we dont win something this season or next he will leave imo.

Bet he was £#%&!ing gutted yesterday playing with mongs like Maguire and soft £#%&!ers like De Gea.

Deserves so much more.

Unread 07-02-2021, 02:11 PM
92ToBury

This is the bit that Woodward doesn’t get when signing players. Forget the ability, it’s the reasons that they want to come to United which helped Fergie (and no doubt Ole if he has a greater say) in deciding who to sign.
Closed Thread