Unread 10-11-2022, 05:58 PM
Bunker Buster

Hope they lose every game.....

Unread 10-11-2022, 07:12 PM
Vedder

The keepers and defenders are £#%&!ing awful

Unread 10-11-2022, 08:00 PM
suedeshoes

Lots of mediocrity in terms of English players. Lots of undeserved reputations imo. 2 Possibly 3 world class players in the sqaud who would be in most countries teams. Kyle Walker and Harry Kane and maybe (maybe) Bellingham.

I hope we win though obv.

Unread 10-11-2022, 08:40 PM
History

Bellingham is absolute class tbf. First or 2nd name in the team alongside Kane probs.

Mad how much negativity i'm seeing over the squad though, considering Englands performances in the last couple of tournaments. Southgate obviously trusts them and naive to think that club form is the only consideration to being picked. There's quite obviously a good few players for every country who will be picked no matter what as the manager trusts them. Leaving the rest to fight for the places.

Seems to me Southgate wants a consistent spine to the side. It would do no good to suddenly swap out the keeper, centre backs and midfield right before a tournament, because of injuries/lack of club form.

Always space for a last minute call up of course, but guaranteed they won't play straight away

Unread 10-11-2022, 08:43 PM
Harry Flashman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Absolutely shit.

& Southgate still managing - will be shocked if they get past the first knockout game.
Mr Beige will be out of work after the world Cup.
No doubt about that.

Only thing he is good at is managing the lack of personality in the FA.

Unread 10-11-2022, 08:57 PM
Hyman_Roth

Going for a PB for how little I watch of it.

Anything more than 1 hour cumulatively and I’ll have let myself down.

Feel under 30 minutes is achievable if I prepare myself properly and do the hard yards. It being on at daft times gives me a platform that I’d be mad not to take advantage of.

This is the year!

Unread 11-11-2022, 06:33 AM
Slice

England bigger flop than France.

Wales and USA bigger than England.

Unread 11-11-2022, 07:04 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Truly horrible tournament. Feels more like an extended international week than a festival of the world's game. Imagine paying money to be there

Unread 11-11-2022, 09:56 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Southgate is an international equivalent of Ole.. poor game management and tactically inferior.

If we get out of the groups we'll go out in the round of 128 or whatever it is and hopefully he'll be sacked.
yep. This will be the moment everybody says “if only we’d binned him after the Euros”

Quarters at absolute best.

Unread 11-11-2022, 10:28 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Bellingham is absolute class tbf. First or 2nd name in the team alongside Kane probs.

Mad how much negativity i'm seeing over the squad though, considering Englands performances in the last couple of tournaments. Southgate obviously trusts them and naive to think that club form is the only consideration to being picked. There's quite obviously a good few players for every country who will be picked no matter what as the manager trusts them. Leaving the rest to fight for the places.

Seems to me Southgate wants a consistent spine to the side. It would do no good to suddenly swap out the keeper, centre backs and midfield right before a tournament, because of injuries/lack of club form.

Always space for a last minute call up of course, but guaranteed they won't play straight away
Bellingham will get twenty minutes here and there. Southgate will persist with the most boring midfield on planet Earth; Rice and Phillips.

England have been sussed out. They’ll get battered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Going for a PB for how little I watch of it.

Anything more than 1 hour cumulatively and I’ll have let myself down.

Feel under 30 minutes is achievable if I prepare myself properly and do the hard yards. It being on at daft times gives me a platform that I’d be mad not to take advantage of.

This is the year!
Won’t watch a second of it. Stupid tournament at a stupid time of year, in a stupid country with stupid fans from all over the world feeding into it.

Unread 11-11-2022, 11:03 AM
My Name is Heath

Who are the unarguable starters?

Looks like Pickford, Stones, Rice, Bellingham and Kane are pretty much certs in everyone's team.

A decent spine imho.

Unread 11-11-2022, 11:15 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Yep

Can't get my head around United fans wanting England to win. Horrible fans, @#%&!s playing for them and a shithead of a manager.

Get right in the £#%&!ing bin

Unread 11-11-2022, 11:42 AM
Dr Stranger

That is the worst set of English goalkeepers in my lifetime.

Unread 11-11-2022, 11:48 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
It's absolutely ruined me tbh ....

Unread 11-11-2022, 01:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
And still no Hendo..

Unread 11-11-2022, 01:26 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
And still no Hendo..
Imagine him, Ramsdale and Pickford. Three of the same gobby little gimps.

Unread 11-11-2022, 01:30 PM
dunk

English Goalkeepers are a demographic I truly despise. They’re all monumental #@&%!s. Last decent one was David £#%&!ing Seaman ffs, and he had a £#%&!ing ponytail and couldn’t jump

Unread 11-11-2022, 01:37 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
English Goalkeepers are a demographic I truly despise. They’re all monumental #@&%!s. Last decent one was David £#%&!ing Seaman ffs, and he had a £#%&!ing ponytail and couldn’t jump
Seaman had distinctly embarrassing karaoke uncle vibes about him, but wasn’t a #@&%! and he was tremendous keeper. Even his understudies are all easily better than any of the three now.

Flowers, Martyn, Woods, Robinson and probably Robert Green were all better than these 3 divs.

Pope the best of a bad bunch imo.

Unread 11-11-2022, 01:43 PM
dunk

Rob Green who famously let one slip vs. Algeria(?)

Nigel Martyn was probably the best of that lot tbf. A good, solid and reliable keeper.

Paul Robinson follows the standard path of the English keeper; bursts onto the scene young, full of verve and bravery, eye catching saves and rave reviews, mistakes ignored ‘because they’re young’, gets a bit of recognition, plays for England, believes the hype, goes to absolute pieces and is utter shit from about 24 onwards.

Unread 11-11-2022, 01:44 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
A decent spine imho.
Closed Thread