United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-08-2019, 04:55 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
That's part of the next section under the headline "Man Utd vs Chelsea player ratings", it's a quote from that not part of the Pogba article above it.

Irritating formatting all right but they're not trying to pass it off as a Pogba quote
Cheers for explaining what the quote was actually referring to.

I didn’t think they were passing it off as a Pogba quote. It was clearly not, but it wasn’t clear what it actually was. Which is why I thought it was illustrative of why it’s badly written and a dreadful article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
Because he had already or subsequently given some new contracts e.g. Mata this summer.

They're still on the bench, Lingard still in the first team
They’re financial assets which are cheaper to keep on new contracts than let go for free and have to replace.

Everything about the club’s strategy with renewals since the glazers took over is financially motivated. From leaving it longer to renogatiate than the PLC did, to delay having to pay higher wages; to never wanting anyone to leave for free. Personally I think it’s a stupid strategy, because waiting longer to negotiate gives the players leverage and ends up with the club having to offer more to keep them. But I’m sure there’s some financial advantage to the glazers behind it.

Unread 16-08-2019, 05:46 PM
armchair

Hazard injured. Can see Real going all out for Pog

Unread 16-08-2019, 05:53 PM
Switching Off

Mathias Pogba done an interview "zidane needs my brother". Pogba sharing it on instagram. Hmmm.

Unread 16-08-2019, 06:08 PM
Patty_b

Whatever, either they pay what we demand or they £#%&! off. Hopefully our demands have gone up as well now our window has closed, make 'em pay well over the odds.

And £#%&! Pogba, if you want to leave put in a request and just £#%&!ing say it. @#%&!.

Unread 16-08-2019, 08:45 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Mathias Pogba done an interview "zidane needs my brother". Pogba sharing it on instagram. Hmmm.
No pay rise for bad behaviour.

Unread 16-08-2019, 08:51 PM
Sparky***

If he leaves now leaving us in the lurch this season then he’s a @#%&!.

Unread 16-08-2019, 09:04 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Not his problem to be fair.

Either Real offer a fortune commensurate with his reputation, or they don't.

Owners don't have to accept but they will. Blame them.

Unread 16-08-2019, 09:12 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Not his problem to be fair.

Either Real offer a fortune commensurate with his reputation, or they don't.

Owners don't have to accept but they will. Blame them.
Yep. He can easily point to the fact that he told them he wanted to leave months ago, and they hadn't bothered to replace him.

Dont think he'll leave though. Even Woodward isnt stupid enough to sell Fellaini, Herrera and Pogba within 9 months of each other and not bring anybody in. Is he?

Unread 16-08-2019, 09:15 PM
AK14

I don’t think he’ll leave now tbh.

He’ll leave at the end of this season I reckon and they’ll also sign Eriksen in a *free on January too?

*for next season

Unread 16-08-2019, 09:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I don’t think he’ll leave now tbh.

He’ll leave at the end of this season I reckon and they’ll also sign Eriksen in a *free on January too?

*for next season
This. He needs to have a big season here, then off for £150m next summer to cover the signing of 2 mid level CM's and maybe a LB/RW/ST depending on how the season goes while sticking to the £60m net spend

Because United are a massive club..

Unread 16-08-2019, 09:46 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Yeah, that's the only reason.

Unread 16-08-2019, 09:52 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Yep, thats deffo the straw that broke the camel's back.....

He's a massive @#%&!, already publically stated he wants to leave....

Unread 16-08-2019, 09:57 PM
dunk

Dying to leave etc.

Unread 16-08-2019, 10:07 PM
TheFatGoth

If he leaves now United are the @#%&!s tbh

Unread 16-08-2019, 10:07 PM
Bunker Buster

Dunk, you're an idiot if you don't think he wants away, what's he going to do mope about the place because he hasn't got his Move.....

Unread 16-08-2019, 10:10 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Dunk, you're an idiot if you don't think he wants away, what's he going to do mope about the place because he hasn't got his Move.....
I don’t doubt he would like to leave, wouldn’t blame him either tbh, that said, he’s hardly going on strike and is still our best player by some considerable distance.

Unread 16-08-2019, 10:15 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I don’t doubt he would like to leave, wouldn’t blame him either tbh, that said, he’s hardly going on strike and is still our best player by some considerable distance.
.....and ?

He's still a massive @#%&! and hugely overated..

Unread 16-08-2019, 10:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
.....and ?

He's still a massive @#%&! and hugely overated..
I don’t think he is a @#%&! tbh. His agent is.

And he’s overrated, but our best player by £#%&!ing miles

Unread 16-08-2019, 10:20 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
If he leaves now United are the @#%&!s tbh
Yep.

Shirley woody isn’t that incompetent?...

Unread 16-08-2019, 10:23 PM
dunk

Rooney asked to leave twice btw, soon as he thought he wasn’t winning trophies. Players make shit decisions at times, usually agent led..
Closed Thread