United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-07-2019, 10:43 PM
redhegemony

Must admit am looking forward to the season. Probably revise this view after a 0-0 v Chelski.

Unread 17-07-2019, 10:45 PM
Sparky***

You're all £#%&!ing mad.

A month of watching women's football has melted your £#%&!ing brains.

Reality is gonna hit you all like a £#%&!ing sledge hammer when we play chelsea.

Unread 17-07-2019, 10:48 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
You're all £#%&!ing mad.

Reality is gonna hit you all like a £#%&!ing sledge hammer when we play chelsea.
no it won't. no-one will be super shocked if we lose to chelsea

Unread 17-07-2019, 10:48 PM
tatty

We will have to be diabolical to leave me disappointed this season.

I predict a solid 5th.

Unread 17-07-2019, 11:08 PM
barkabal

Pogba needs to prove whys hes the best with mediocrity around him and inspire them. Hes great with quality. Just get a £#%&!ing stamina midfielder who works like £#%&!. surely thats standard

Unread 18-07-2019, 02:19 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
You're all £#%&!ing mad.

It's usually Hazard that £#%&!s us up and he's gone

United win all day

Unread 18-07-2019, 07:24 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
You're all £#%&!ing mad.

Yup.

People getting giddy because of a friendly against inferior competition.

The gulf in class between our squad and others is £#%&!ing huge.

Unread 18-07-2019, 07:53 AM
Jethro

Two comfortable wins with a style of play becoming apparent. Looks like we're holding onto Pogba and will have a couple of buys before the window shuts. Obviously more is needed but it is what it is.

Literally nothing to worry about. If it all goes to shit after a few games then it's panic stations.

Unread 18-07-2019, 07:55 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
It's usually Hazard that £#%&!s us up and he's gone

United win all day
Yeah chelsea never beat us before hazard got there.

Unread 18-07-2019, 08:00 AM
browser

Quote:
Yeah chelsea never beat us before hazard got there.
Oh change the record you miserable @#%&!. Or at least wait till we actually get beat to play it.

Unread 18-07-2019, 08:10 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Would have hate to have been on sparky's side in Stalingrad.

Our backs are against the wall. Get behind the feldbluses!

Unread 18-07-2019, 08:37 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Would have hate to have been on sparky's side in Stalingrad.

Our backs are against the wall. Get behind the feldbluses!

Unread 18-07-2019, 08:48 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Oh change the record you miserable @#%&!. Or at least wait till we actually get beat to play it.
yep, he cant wait for us to fail.

Unread 18-07-2019, 08:55 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser

Unread 18-07-2019, 09:07 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Worried yet?
Not particularly.

The lowest expectation surrounding the club since Fergie left.

Ole's appointment needs to a signal a rebuild. That rebuild needs to prioritise improving how we go about things. That is a priority over rushing and pushing to jump from 6th to 1st. It's that short-term naivety that has seen us panic, spend poorly and make snap decisions.

I will accept us finishing outside top four if it signals a genuine change in 'philosophy'. If the season is spent getting these kids more experience. Changing what it means to be a United player at the moment. Getting the likes of Sanchez, Lukaku off the wage bill.

To get to the end of the season and feel like we're on to something, rather than scrambling round in the dark.

I really hope we see 'The 3 G's' given plenty of game time. I like AWB. I think James is the kind of player we need (remains to be seen if he's good enough, but I'd rather see him try than watch Sanchez limp to 300k per week)

I have reservations about Ole's experience, but not about his attitude. And we need that as much as anything else.

We all know the issues with the board and with the owners. That wont change as long as they are here..... but Liverpool fans felt the same way until they got Klopp. He changed everything for him.

Nothing Klopp has done is earth-shattering.

Ole could have a similar impact if he's left alone to build a side in his image.

And I'm happy to remain patient and watch him do it.

For much of Mourinho tenure, we complained that he would stifle the kids, that he was negative and he simply didn't give a shit about the club or 'get it'. Many wanted the opposite: the younger manager with passion and something to prove.

We've got it.

Let's give it a go.

Unread 18-07-2019, 09:55 AM
Seamus

Unread 18-07-2019, 10:21 AM
Whip Hubley

bonesy

Unread 18-07-2019, 10:22 AM
Buck

To start the season off with two relatively tough games is exciting. I'd rather that baptism of fire than an easy start where we may sleepwalk our way to six points. I'm sure Ole does too.

Unread 18-07-2019, 10:23 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Not particularly.

Ole's appointment needs to a signal a rebuild. That rebuild needs to prioritise improving how we go about things. That is a priority over rushing and pushing to jump from 6th to 1st. It's that short-term naivety that has seen us panic, spend poorly and make snap decisions.

I will accept us finishing outside top four if it signals a genuine change in 'philosophy'. If the season is spent getting these kids more experience. Changing what it means to be a United player at the moment. Getting the likes of Sanchez, Lukaku off the wage bill.

To get to the end of the season and feel like we're on to something, rather than scrambling round in the dark.

I really hope we see 'The 3 G's' given plenty of game time. I like AWB. I think James is the kind of player we need (remains to be seen if he's good enough, but I'd rather see him try than watch Sanchez limp to 300k per week)

I have reservations about Ole's experience, but not about his attitude. And we need that as much as anything else.

We all know the issues with the board and with the owners. That wont change as long as they are here..... but Liverpool fans felt the same way until they got Klopp. He changed everything for him.

Ole could have a similar impact if he's left alone to build a side in his image.

For much of Mourinho tenure, we complained that he would stifle the kids, that he was negative and he simply didn't give a shit about the club or 'get it'. Many wanted the opposite: the younger manager with passion and something to prove.

We've got it.

Let's give it a go.
Yep 👍

I wasn’t particularly looking forward to this season but I feel a bit better about it all now. Sparky’s doom is just a way of him dealing with his own anxieties concerning united. Avoid or prepare for disappointment by projecting negatively on everything. I do it a bit (only on united) but his is really next level shit.

Feels wrong that we all have to suffer it tbh

Unread 18-07-2019, 10:29 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Not particularly.

We've got it.

Let's give it a go.

There's also the point that there is £#%&! all we can do, so why worry? We all know the issues, the bad decisions etc. we can't actually change any of them, so it is what it is
Closed Thread