United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 01-09-2023, 02:56 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Had a fair few opportunities to go, loan or permanent, faffed and turne them all down so far, strange tactic from someone who hasn’t played regularly in near 3 years.
He's turned them down ?

Can't wait for this window to shut so you can stop making these weird scenes up in your head ...

Unread 01-09-2023, 02:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
He's turned them down ?

Can't wait for this window to shut so you can stop making these weird scenes up in your head ...
I’m not making anything weird up pal, plenty of interest, United open to just about anything, Donny not so much.

Unread 01-09-2023, 03:00 PM
Offerington

Quote:
He's turned them down ?

new to dunk pol etc

Unread 01-09-2023, 03:01 PM
believe

Quote:
I’m not making anything weird up pal, plenty of interest, United open to just about anything, Donny not so much.
Basically the same as Maguire and offered less during his time here but wish him all the best.

Unread 01-09-2023, 03:03 PM
Ethers

The only club he’s turned down is Lorient. Mid-table side in a farmers league with no European football, can’t say I blame him tbh, would be a shite move.

Unread 01-09-2023, 03:07 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Says who ? Twitter ?

You've been like a giddy kipper for days now, making up little transfer meetings and finical movements in your head, flight tracker open, notifications for all the big boys ON...whiteboard up, pins and headshots, putting a suit on one day, a trackies today, clipboard in the house, pacing the kitchen hitting F5....

"Nah. They were waiting on selling McT/Maguire so they could go for a far more expensive target such as Gravenberch or Onana from Everton. Nqat. They then would’ve done the same with Amrabat had Fred, McT and Beek all left permanently and they had time and a few pennies left.'

Unread 01-09-2023, 03:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Basically the same as Maguire and offered less during his time here but wish him all the best.
Maguire’s time here will be remembered in glowing terms in comparison to Beeky’s tbh.

Quote:
Says who ? Twitter ?

You've been like a giddy kipper for days now, making up little transfer meetings and finical movements in your head, flight tracker open, notifications for all the big boys ON...whiteboard up, pins and headshots, putting a suit on one day, a trackies today, clipboard in the house, pacing the kitchen hitting F5....

"Nah. They were waiting on selling McT/Maguire so they could go for a far more expensive target such as Gravenberch or Onana from Everton. Nqat. They then would’ve done the same with Amrabat had Fred, McT and Beek all left permanently and they had time and a few pennies left.'
I believe the transfer day giddy kipper thread belongs to you pal.

Unread 01-09-2023, 03:09 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Says who ? Twitter ?

Unread 01-09-2023, 03:12 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Unread 01-09-2023, 03:13 PM
dunk

Quote:

it’s not that deep

He wanted shut of Fred, The Scottish Player and Beek, he lost Sabitzer. Mount was the obvious one due to his nationality and price due to contract position, he gets shut of everyone then he brings in another number 8 to rotate with Mount and then brings in Amrabat to support Casemiro. It honestly doesn’t take much thought. Amrabat would be last due to price, contact position and eagerness to join.

Unread 01-09-2023, 03:31 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
it’s not that deep

He wanted shut of Fred, The Scottish Player and Beek, he lost Sabitzer. Mount was the obvious one due to his nationality and price due to contract position, he gets shut of everyone then he brings in another number 8 to rotate with Mount and then brings in Amrabat to support Casemiro. It honestly doesn’t take much thought. Amrabat would be last due to price, contact position and eagerness to join.

Unread 01-09-2023, 03:33 PM
Ethers

He’s already got Eriksen to rotate with Mount

Unread 01-09-2023, 03:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
He’s already got Eriksen to rotate with Mount
I’d say Eriksen would be more used further forward or at home given the ease with which he was exposed last season.

I don’t care if you believe me or not, you believe that Amrabat was first choice and he had no desire for any other midfielders if you want.

Unread 01-09-2023, 03:42 PM
Ethers

I’m not arguing that Amrabat was first choice, I’ve said all along that we were clearly keeping him ready to go if other things we were exploring didn’t come off. I don’t think we’ll have any indication what those alternatives looked like, I just don’t think one of them would have been another 8 to rotate with Mount.

Unread 01-09-2023, 03:49 PM
dunk

I reckon so given the players we were linked with; that and the fact we’re back to The Scottish Player or Eriksen in the midfield away at Arsenal already.

He’s swap The Scottish Player for a version that can actually pass a football in a heartbeat

Unread 01-09-2023, 04:59 PM
armchair

Quote:
Why United could still sell Van de Beek after today
Donny van de Beek could still leave United, even if he doesn't complete a transfer today.

The Athletic say Galatasaray remain in talks over a deal and have until the Turkish window closes on September 15 to reach an agreement for the Dutch midfielder.

Unread 03-09-2023, 09:31 AM
dunk

Unread 03-09-2023, 09:37 AM
armchair

Don't blame him.

Unread 03-09-2023, 09:39 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Don't blame him.
This.

Needs to leave the club as soon as possible but Lorient? £#%&! that. Would sooner have joined Ipswich.

Unread 03-09-2023, 09:43 AM
larry

didnt even know lorient existed