United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-09-2015, 11:38 AM
King Eric

Default Only 4 world class players in my time, says SAF.

Thats what Sir Alex is saying. Only four world class players, in his opinion, played under him. Scholes, Giggsy, King Eric and Ronaldo.

I personally off the top of my head, would say Schmeichel was world class as well. Maybe others, like Vidic, Stam, Ruud and Beckham.

Unread 22-09-2015, 11:44 AM
Nicebutdim

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Eric
Thats what Sir Alex is saying. Only four world class players, in his opinion, played under him. Roy Keane, Giggsy, King Eric and Ronaldo.

I personally off the top of my head, would say Schmeichel was world class as well. Maybe others, like Vidic, Stam, Ruud and Beckham.
When and where did he say this?!

Everyone you mention was definitely world class.

Maybe also Scholes. Maybe.

Unread 22-09-2015, 11:45 AM
Ginners

eric and no scholes

has to be a wum

Unread 22-09-2015, 11:46 AM
Bunker Buster

Piss soaked old @#%&!.

Beckham
Ruud
Rio
Rooney
Scholes
Irwin
Etc etcetera

Unread 22-09-2015, 11:49 AM
Pop

Ronaldo, Giggs, Scholes and Cantona with Ronaldo being the best is what he actually said.

Unread 22-09-2015, 11:52 AM
ZiggyStardust

He doesn't half talk some old %@#$&!s does Fergie

Unread 22-09-2015, 11:54 AM
silv

Rio was the best defender in the world ffs

Unread 22-09-2015, 11:56 AM
elephantstone

Keane. His exclusion is just another dig at our greatest captain.

Unread 22-09-2015, 11:56 AM
Nicebutdim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Ronaldo, Giggs, Scholes and Cantona with Ronaldo being the best is what he actually said.
Thank god he hasn't completely lost his marbles. Think he's being harsh on someone like Keane though. Ruud was also a machine. Can't think of a reason he would leave these two out......

Unread 22-09-2015, 11:57 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
He doesn't half talk some old %@#$&!s does Fergie
Or perhaps his definition of 'world class' is different from yours.

He'd have included Keane in that list if it wasn't for their beef imo. Along with Ronaldo and King Eric, the most important & influential player at United during his time as manager. NQAT.

Unread 22-09-2015, 12:00 PM
suedeshoes

He doesnt actually say those outside the four he mentioned were not world class tbf.

He's a bitter old @#%&! though so he won't give those he saw his arse with the credit they deserve.

Unread 22-09-2015, 12:00 PM
jem

he clearly doesn't remember bryan robson playing for him. or paul mcgrath. or mark hughes.

Unread 22-09-2015, 12:03 PM
Nicebutdim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he clearly doesn't remember bryan robson playing for him. or paul mcgrath. or mark hughes.
Rooney's replacement

Unread 22-09-2015, 12:04 PM
King Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

I struggled a bit to start the thread and that's right, the four above is what he mentioned, I've edited it, cheers. I must have been thinking about Keane myself, who would be close to being my number one all time first team pick player, after King Eric that is.

Unread 22-09-2015, 12:34 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Rio was the best defender in the world ffs
This.

Evra in his peak too.

Unread 22-09-2015, 12:34 PM
PeakyBlinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
This.

Unread 22-09-2015, 12:50 PM
est.1878

All smelling a bit cloughy this

Schmeichel, beckham, rooney and keane can all put down to snidery but no robson is criminal and easily throw in four or five names already mentioned

Unread 22-09-2015, 12:50 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
This.

For someone who once famously said that 'grown men move on' he doesn't half hold a £#%&!ing grudge.

Unread 22-09-2015, 12:58 PM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

Tin hat time - and i am a fan - but i wouldn't say beckham was world class.

Very close, but not quite. Especially when viewed against some of his team mates.

Rio has to be there, maybe erva. Definitely schmichael Keane and Robson too. Probably a couple of others if i get my thinking cap on.

Fergie needs to shut the £#%&! up, he's ruining hhis own legacy offs - and after the way he backed the glazers there's not as much left as he thinks.

Unread 22-09-2015, 01:01 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's Smirking Revenge
Tin hat time - and i am a fan - but i wouldn't say beckham was world class.

Very close, but not quite. Especially when viewed against some of his team mates.

Rio has to be there, maybe erva. Definitely schmichael Keane and Robson too. Probably a couple of others if i get my thinking cap on.

Fergie needs to shut the £#%&! up, he's ruining hhis own legacy offs - and after the way he backed the glazers there's not as much left as he thinks.
Eve's is but beckham isn't ? the match winner, the guy who brought us the treble ?

Really proves WC is basically someone opinion..
Closed Thread