Default Re: Retro football posters.

Thought this was about Tatlock

Unread 05-10-2011, 02:17 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: Retro football posters.

Unread 05-10-2011, 02:28 PM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

More than a dozen united or ex united players. Two scousers.

Unread 05-10-2011, 02:30 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

ffs

is that genuinely what he looked like at his peak? or is that from some charity celeb match after he'd retired?
surely he didn't turn out for real in that state?

Unread 05-10-2011, 02:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
ffs

is that genuinely what he looked like at his peak? or is that from some charity celeb match after he'd retired?
surely he didn't turn out for real in that state?
Not as bad as *that*, perhaps - but he was never a stick insect

Unread 05-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Surely that's Neil Webb?

Unread 05-10-2011, 08:10 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

i had no idea puskas was so fat

Unread 05-10-2011, 08:24 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
Think he'd retired by then tbf, he was always a big lad.

Real Madrid did a really nice tribute to him before their game after he'd died:

Unread 05-10-2011, 08:29 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Bankfield House, a community centre in Garston, Merseyside, used to hold an annual fundraising football match in the 1960s that was played at Holly Park, the home of South Liverpool FC. In 1967 its organiser, "to try and liven it up a bit", sent a message to Hungarian legend Ferenc Puskas, inviting him to play. "It was tongue-in-cheek", he said. "I never expected a reply." Puskas, who had recently retired, sent a telegram: "All I wait is you send me plane ticket." A sell-out crowd of 10,000 duly turned up to see him, raising £1,100 about £20,000 in today's money.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...y-virtues-kind

YSB!

Class act.

Unread 05-10-2011, 08:31 PM
ryanMUFC

I always think they're about to play the godfather theme tune, Barca a tribute to someone that dies nearly every time I see them play(Grieving scouse bastards).
Fancied a few of them posters for the flat, uni reds
Doesn't look like they sell them

Unread 05-10-2011, 08:38 PM
The Watcher

"Ah, Ferenc Puskas ... there were times when he made me mad and I shouted at him because I thought he could be more professional but then he said something, or did something, which made you fall in love with him all over again. He had genius that sometimes seemed like a fantasy. He scored impossible goals. He was a gift to football." - Alfredo Di Stefano

Unread 05-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Think he'd retired by then tbf, he was always a big lad.

Real Madrid did a really nice tribute to him before their game after he'd died:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oEt4zQZ9Jg
Not seen that before, that was £#%&!ing quality.

Unread 05-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
"Ah, Ferenc Puskas ... there were times when he made me mad and I shouted at him because I thought he could be more professional but then he said something, or did something, which made you fall in love with him all over again. He had genius that sometimes seemed like a fantasy. He scored impossible goals. He was a gift to football." - Alfredo Di Stefano

Unread 05-10-2011, 09:14 PM
The Watcher

I love the goal he scored against England at Wembley (45 seconds into the video Harri posted). A beautiful piece of skill to leave Billy Wright on his arse and then a quality finish.

The man was phenomenal. 84 goals in 85 games for Hungry, 157 goals in 182 games for Real Madrid. He scored 4 in a European Cup final ffs.

Almost signed for United in the immediate aftermath of the Munich Air Crash too. I think the FA didn't allow it because he'd fled Hungary and been banned by FIFA. @#%&!s.

Unread 05-10-2011, 09:42 PM
The Watcher

Also worth mentioning, I read today that the President of Santos plans to register Pele as one of their playing squad for the FIFA Club World Cup at the end of the year. That'll make him eligible for a winners medal, in the extremely unlikely event that they manage to beat Barcelona to the trophy. Be brilliant if it happened

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fiver
The president of Brazilian club Santos plans to register Pele to play in the 2011 World Club Cup, giving the legendary player the chance to finally complete a hat-trick of world club trophies and, while he's at it, show that upstart Leo Messi who's really king. "It struck me that Pele was a three-time world champion [1958, '62 and '70] with the national team but only twice with Santos ['62 and '63]," reasoned Luis Alvaro de Oliveira Ribeiro, the Santos prankst ... sorry, president, before explaining that Pele will have to properly earn the title: "Pele was positive and promised to train to get fit and participate for a few minutes," Ribeiro told Radio Globo

Unread 05-10-2011, 10:00 PM
taff

Quote:
I love the goal he scored against England at Wembley (45 seconds into the video Harri posted). A beautiful piece of skill to leave Billy Wright on his arse and then a quality finish.
english football has never recovered from that goal

Unread 05-10-2011, 10:02 PM
The Mull

Quote:

The man was phenomenal. 84 goals in 85 games for Hungry, 157 goals in 182 games for Real Madrid. He scored 4 in a European Cup final ffs.

Almost signed for United in the immediate aftermath of the Munich Air Crash too. I think the FA didn't allow it because he'd fled Hungary and been banned by FIFA. @#%&!s.
Never heard this before.

BTW lacing my boots up in the morning, after seeing the photo
Closed Thread