Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-09-2009, 04:10 PM
M-13

Default Re: Phil Brown Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
the jumper over the shoulders look is £#%&!ing pathetic in 2009

however, in 1978 in the snooty fox pub in chorlton, stood next to a bird who refused to let me touch her busters let alone £#%&! her, it was a very hip fashion, as testified in the photo I am currently looking at.......
.......Turned his back on Punk rock forever, and formed Haircut 100.......

Unread 02-10-2009, 05:32 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
PREMIER League soccer boss Phil Brown told yesterday how he talked a suicidal woman out of jumping to her death from a bridge.

The Hull manager, 50, had decided to walk his team over the city's Humber Bridge on Wednesday instead of going training.
Brown said the idea was that his players would go "looking for clarity" following Saturday's 6-1 defeat at Liverpool.
They spotted the desperate woman who was set to throw herself off the bridge into the river below. Brown said he persuaded her not to jump with "sweet-talk".
He said: "We saved a girl considering her future, shall we say."
Brown added that the woman, who was "40-plus", then "tootled off back to wherever she came from". He said: "You don't know, do you, until someone jumps, whether they were actually going to do it."
The suspension bridge has been hit by a series of suicides since it opened in 1981.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...a-suicide.html

I've not had an opinion on him before now. I don't like him, save a woman but don't tell the £#%&!ing press, try and maintain some dignity.

Unread 02-10-2009, 08:49 AM
thatsfuctit

from the spoiler

http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/

To the layman observer of professional football, Liverpool’s last two matches have been a little different. On the one hand, a porous defence seemingly intent on allowing Fernando Torres the match ball, ends up on the receiving end of a 6-1 lamping. On the other, the home side restrict Torres to scraps, and emerge comfortable winners with a 2-0 scoreline that flattered Benitez’s boys. Phil Brown however, is no layman. He understands better than us.

Commenting on the Tigers triumph at Anfield last Saturday, Brown explained:

“I got the boys in on Sunday to analyse and dissect what went on on Saturday. The most important thing was that I knew the gameplan was right. I watched very closely Fiorentina do exactly the same gameplan and it paid off.”

In other words, the 6-1 was certainly not his fault, and so convincing was Hull’s performance, that former Serie A Coach of the Year Cesare Prandelli only went and pinched Brown’s tactical strategy.

There is no great genius without a touch of madness. At least that is what Aristotle believed. And probably Phil Brown too.

Unread 02-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...a-suicide.html

I've not had an opinion on him before now. I don't like him, save a woman but don't tell the £#%&!ing press, try and maintain some dignity.
Imagine being about to jump to your death and suddenly you look round....'£#%&! me, it's the entire Hull City squad'.

Unread 02-10-2009, 09:03 AM
BulgarianSpectator

Quote:
The Hull manager, 50, had decided to walk his team over the city's Humber Bridge on Wednesday instead of going training.
Brown said the idea was that his players would go "looking for clarity" following Saturday's 6-1 defeat at Liverpool.
I'm surprised he didn't take a TV crew with him, as he did each time during August when he took the team to a school, the old Hull stadium, the old Hull training ground.... "to show them how lucky they are playing for Hull now".

Unread 02-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Gazw649

Next United manager

Unread 02-10-2009, 10:15 AM
nick henry

and to think people thought Rafa was "cracking up."

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.c...l/article.html

poor Phillip.

Unread 02-10-2009, 10:15 AM
Pop

Did he comfort her after she got down by putting his pink v neck over her shoulders?

Unread 02-10-2009, 10:18 AM
Sparky***

He's such a £#%&!ing twonk i'm almost starting to like him. Does that make sense?

i can imagine he sleeps with suit on, just incase he gets burgled and has to impress the burglars.

Unread 02-10-2009, 10:31 AM
nick henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He's such a £#%&!ing twonk i'm almost starting to like him. Does that make sense?

i can imagine he sleeps with suit on, just incase he gets burgled and has to impress the burglars.
Yes he is a likeable twonk.

I liked Tony Adams for the same reasons when he was manager of Pompey.

Unread 03-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Pop

Hull City chairman has just been on Gilette Soccer Saturday defending Brown. He condemned the criticism his manager has received particularly the more personal criticism, some of which he regards as 'downright racist due to Phil's olive skin'

Unread 03-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Hull City chairman has just been on Gilette Soccer Saturday defending Brown. He condemned the criticism his manager has received particularly the more personal criticism, some of which he regards as 'downright racist due to Phil's olive skin'
£#%&!off.

Unread 03-10-2009, 01:54 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Seriously!!?

Unread 03-10-2009, 02:06 PM
taff

Quote:
Were you the woman on the bridge? Call the Mail's newsdesk on (01482) 315261.
Captain Haddock Sweet-Talked Me Back From The Brink

brown is £#%&!ing tapped. didn't he get smashed by andy todd back when they were at bolton? surprised it's not happened more often

Unread 03-10-2009, 02:07 PM
Pop

Yep, the £#%&!ing @#%&!.

Unread 03-10-2009, 02:13 PM
borsuk

she probably took one look at brown and thought to herself 'you know, suddenly i don't feel like such a useless @#%&!'.

Unread 03-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

Unread 03-10-2009, 02:55 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

The Phil Brown circus is one of the most entertaining things about footie at the minute!

'Olive-£#%&!ing-skin'!!!

Unread 03-10-2009, 03:08 PM
elhombre

"You don't know, do you, until someone jumps, whether they were actually going to do it."

no phill, you don't.

what a £#%&!ing genius this guy is.

what he doesn't say in the piece is the woman in question is the one he's been married to for 25 yrs.

Unread 22-10-2009, 04:50 PM
5 Cantona's

Anyone see him in his press conference today.

Sat answering questions with a gym towel round his £#%&!ing neck
Closed Thread