United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-08-2009, 12:57 PM
signed dc

Default Phil Brown Watch

Bit dissapointed he didn't do anything special to draw attention to himself against Chelsea on Saturday, yeah alright, he's got rid of the goatee beard, but other than that, thought he was a bit underwhelming.

I shouldn't have doubted him though, he quickly redeemed himself on the sofa with Chris "Kammy" Kamara on Goals on Sunday, where he displayed his summer holiday tikka tan to magnificent effect, and topped it off with lashings of wet look gel, and excellent use of a pink sweater draped casually over his shoulders. Could this mark the return of the jumper as accessory? I certainly think so...

Unread 17-08-2009, 12:58 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
Bit dissapointed he didn't do anything special to draw attention to himself against Chelsea on Saturday, yeah alright, he's got rid of the goatee beard, but other than that, thought he was a bit underwhelming.

I shouldn't have doubted him though, he quickly redeemed himself on the sofa with Chris "Kammy" Kamara on Goals on Sunday, where he displayed his summer holiday tikka tan to magnificent effect, and topped it off with lashings of wet look gel, and excellent use of a pink sweater draped casually over his shoulders. Could this mark the return of the jumper as accessory? I certainly think so...

titantic but a good topic.

the @#%&! thinks he is filling the void left by jose mourinho in the premiership.

Unread 17-08-2009, 12:58 PM
ReligiousRed

Unread 17-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Sparky***

He £#%&!ing loves himself doesn't he.

Has anyone actually bothered to ask him why he patrols the sidelines with that 'britney spears' headset on? Just who the £#%&! is he talking to?

Unread 17-08-2009, 01:05 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc

Baroo's summer look

nft

Unread 17-08-2009, 01:06 PM
denis lawless

id love it if he became ciddys next manager...just love it

Unread 17-08-2009, 01:17 PM
My Name is Keith

I think we might have all mis-judged Big Phil tbh.

The more and more I think about it, the more it makes sense. What Phil's really trying to do with all this attention seeking is deflect pressure away from his players.

Think about it.

When he grabbed the mic on the last day of the season, he wasn't thinking that he could actually sing/entertain people. He was thinking, "I don't want the press and the fans getting on my players backs. They've worked their damned socks off and I'm not having the press pile pressure on them"

He's looking after his lads, that's all.

The tan, the sweater wearing, the roving mic - its all part of his sacrifice for his players.

Unread 17-08-2009, 01:19 PM
marlo

id like to know, what he like this in the championship?

or did he turn on this 'mourinho lite' when he hit the big time?

Unread 17-08-2009, 01:21 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I think we might have all mis-judged Big Phil tbh.

The more and more I think about it, the more it makes sense. What Phil's really trying to do with all this attention seeking is deflect pressure away from his players.

Think about it.

When he grabbed the mic on the last day of the season, he wasn't thinking that he could actually sing/entertain people. He was thinking, "I don't want the press and the fans getting on my players backs. They've worked their damned socks off and I'm not having the press pile pressure on them"

He's looking after his lads, that's all.

The tan, the sweater wearing, the roving mic - its all part of his sacrifice for his players.
either that or he's just a right @#%&!

Unread 17-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
what he like this in the championship?

Unread 17-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Sloppy

Unread 17-08-2009, 01:36 PM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Did Nani wear that before PB then?

Unread 17-08-2009, 01:41 PM
Lok

Unread 17-08-2009, 01:43 PM
caliban

first he blazes off on a Harley for the summer (all very Village People-esque with his ring-tickler beard) and now he's back, patrolling the Sunday sofas in a pink one-ply cashmere sweater, looking for all the world like some kind of Beverly Hills 'Canine Hair Technician'.

i'm fully expecting him to launch a grooming range for the 'modern man' in the lead up to Christmas.

Unread 17-08-2009, 02:46 PM
no fun

the jumper over the shoulders look is £#%&!ing pathetic in 2009

however, in 1978 in the snooty fox pub in chorlton, stood next to a bird who refused to let me touch her busters let alone £#%&! her, it was a very hip fashion, as testified in the photo I am currently looking at.....god I was handsome

Unread 17-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Sparky***

I can imagine all the other managers in the league must think he's a right £#%&!ing @#%&!.

Unread 17-08-2009, 03:13 PM
no fun

Im working in that London in October, and am desperate to wear an outfit that Barroo will not laugh at

I take it from the positive comments that this "look" is now fashionable once again, should I get down to Debenhams and get some ?

Unread 17-08-2009, 03:13 PM
LucaBrasi

Wham reject. Hate the @#%&!.

Unread 26-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Pop

Thumbs up Re: Phil Brown Watch

Unread 26-09-2009, 06:37 PM
sharath

Default Re: Phil Brown Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
where is his mic?