United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Keep Ten Hag or Sack.
Keep 61 53.51%
Sack 53 46.49%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 05-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Chris Quayd

I wouldn’t be opposed to keeping him but I’m also not opposed to relegation

Unread 05-04-2024, 11:45 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
nope. we'd still be saying we are an absolute mess, occasionally being saved by brilliant moments from certain players (usually, the same handful), and it's no way to ensure long-term success.

there is no £#%&!ing excuse possible for the way rashford played when he came on.
yes, I know all that, but what we wouldn't be saying is that the players have given up and ETH has no responsibility for the way we've played all season.

Unread 05-04-2024, 11:50 AM
RedNick80

Hanging by a very fine thread.. will look back and laugh in years to come.

Seriously though, if he ever starts that lazy selfish @#%&! again, I’m probably out.

Unread 05-04-2024, 11:52 AM
armchair

If Ineos had their staff fully in he'd have been fired by now.

Unread 05-04-2024, 11:59 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
If Ineos had their staff fully in he'd have been fired by now.
Yeah typical that's keeping him in a job,should have put Mclaren in place until the summer.

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:07 PM
Baron

Should fully give up on the league & keep the players fresh & fit for the FA Cup, reserve all energy & keep his best players available.

Win that & then take his pay off for the final year.

We get to avoid Europa, he gets to add a trophy & get a pay out.

New man, Ineos, fresh start all around.

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:12 PM
Lok

He's obviously going. So the question is: when is the best time to bring in someone new?

Would it be good for a manager to have a few months now, allowing him to get to know the squad? It would help him decide who he wants to keep/ditch. But it also means he's probably going to have an awful start as things are so bad right now.

Should we wait until summer when there's a chance the better candidates will be taken as Liverpool, Barca, Bayern and probably Chelsea will be looking for someone new.

If we wait on Nagelsmann it'll mean he's missed most of pre-season as there's no way he'll start before the Euros.

There's not really a right answer to be honest.

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:20 PM
AK14

I don’t think any good manager comes in at this point of the season tbh, so it’ll be the summer.

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:24 PM
Parlabane

Can’t help but think with better support around him now, a better summers recruitment and getting rid of those who can’t or won’t do what he asks of them we could see a different outcome next season.

He hasn’t become a bad coach over the last 6 months and to throw it all away now and start again with some one else ( no really appealing candidates either ) doesn’t appeal to me.

The season has been a write off and there needs to be a root and branch review as to what went wrong and make sure it gets put right sharpish.

For me we keep him for next season but there has to be improvements across the board

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:27 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane View Post
Can’t help but think with better support around him now, a better summers recruitment and getting rid of those who can’t or won’t do what he asks of them we could see a different outcome next season.

He hasn’t become a bad coach over the last 6 months and to throw it all away now and start again with some one else ( no really appealing candidates either ) doesn’t appeal to me.

The season has been a write off and there needs to be a root and branch review as to what went wrong and make sure it gets put right sharpish.

For me we keep him for next season but there has to be improvements across the board
Has been a disaster since the Anfield abomination,however if INEOS see relegation Southgate as the answer then that's a black mark already whoever their appointments above him are.

Mind you people voting to keep him after last night are no better either so waste of time.

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:29 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Absolutely spot on....

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:30 PM
marlo

Quote:
6 months ago we were being tossed out our champions league group!

When was the last time you actually watched us and thought he is doing good job coaching the team?

Remember when the excuse was he will have more time when we play once a week and no European distractions?

It’s embarrassing how many excuses and narratives there are …

When we win, it’s about the result at this point but when we lose we should be optimistic after the performance?!??

It’s almost a cult like , the support the man doing a really bad job managing us is doing…

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:30 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Absolutely spot on....
Wake up people Nagelsmann is available after the Euros and we simply have to get him. Doesn't matter about having no pre season

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:33 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26 View Post
Wake up people Nagelsmann is available after the Euros and we simply have to get him. Doesn't matter about having no pre season
Doesn’t matter until people are calling for him to be torched on the half way line for failing to win the league by half way through his second season.

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:35 PM
atticusgrinch

Sack. It's been too shit for too long.

In the bin baldy.

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:36 PM
Knockers

The hapless bald get is gong to mastermind a last-minute win against Arsenal to hand City/Liverpool the league.

Give it Rangnick so we can collapse properly.

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:36 PM
atticusgrinch

Caveat:

Not Southgate. I'd prefer Dalglish over Southgate.

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:41 PM
Parlabane

There is no magic silver bullet here folks - we know this from our experience over the last ten years.

Every time we sack a manager the new shiny manager gets a reaction for a short amount of time and then lo and behold the same old problems arise.

The issue stems from nearly 20 years of mismanagement from the top - you don’t correct it overnight.

The catchphrase from fans is give the new manager time, the truth is as soon as the going gets tough all that goes out of the window and people want the next new saviour because this time it will be different if we give them time.

Guess what …… this is when we back the manager and give him time

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:43 PM
redhegemony

Let him finish the clearing out...

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:44 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
There is no magic silver bullet here folks - we know this from our experience over the last ten years.

Every time we sack a manager the new shiny manager gets a reaction for a short amount of time and then lo and behold the same old problems arise.

The issue stems from nearly 20 years of mismanagement from the top - you don’t correct it overnight.

The catchphrase from fans is give the new manager time, the truth is as soon as the going gets tough all that goes out of the window and people want the next new saviour because this time it will be different if we give them time.

Guess what …… this is when we back the manager and give him time
He’ll have learnt a heck of a lot in the last two years as well.

I honestly don’t begrudge those wanting him gone though, it’s hard to defend, but Big Parls has done so very eloquently.