United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-07-2017, 11:23 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
very good player, as is matic.

we needs water carrier. both these players fit the bill.

show me a team that doesn't use one and I'll show you a team that doesn't win big.
Manchester United throughout Fergie's time? Or are you calling Carrick/Keane water carriers?

Unread 12-07-2017, 11:27 AM
jem

dier is nearer carrick than he is near jones or jones is near a midfielder. like, drinkwater, he is underrated on here. we've had better midfielders come in and look out of their depth. and we've had fellaini. I wouldn't be too fussy.

tfm needs to play more, though.

Unread 12-07-2017, 11:41 AM
tatty

I'm guessing he's letter D on JM's shopping list for that position.

If we can't get A to C then i'd take him if he's going to improve us on last year.

I can't say i'd be enthused though.

Unread 12-07-2017, 11:48 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I'm guessing he's letter D on JM's shopping list for that position.

If we can't get A to C then i'd take him if he's going to improve us on last year.

I can't say i'd be enthused though.
For £50 £#%&!ing million? How much are A to C ffs

Unread 12-07-2017, 12:01 PM
goldfinger II

For 50 or 60 million, I'd want Wanyama.

Unread 12-07-2017, 12:15 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
For 50 or 60 million, I'd want Wanyama.
Still nowhere near good enough in my mind.

Veratti, Kroos or realistically, the lad from Napoli - Jorginho - who is like a £#%&!ing metronome in the middle of the park is what we should be going for.

A brain back there rather than purely brawn, or primarily....

Unread 12-07-2017, 12:21 PM
Neo

Quote:
very good player, as is matic.

we needs water carrier. both these players fit the bill.

show me a team that doesn't use one and I'll show you a team that doesn't win big.
Barcelona over the last 8 years. They won a couple of things IIRC.

Unless you're claiming Busquets is a 'water carrier', you absolute flid.

Unread 12-07-2017, 12:23 PM
20 times

Don't think we should be signing English players for the moment. They're generally gash and utter #@&%!s

Unread 12-07-2017, 12:30 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
For £50 £#%&!ing million? How much are A to C ffs
How much was Fellaini?

Unread 12-07-2017, 12:31 PM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Barcelona over the last 8 years. They won a couple of things IIRC.

Unless you're claiming Busquets is a 'water carrier', you absolute flid.
ffs. So good to have the big man back in town.

Unread 12-07-2017, 01:01 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
ffs. So good to have the big man back in town.
is that pointless little pin dick still replying to my posts after all this time

Unread 12-07-2017, 01:06 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Manchester United throughout Fergie's time? Or are you calling Carrick/Keane water carriers?
Fletcher- Ince -Fortune- Djemba -Phelan - Butt -Park - Gibson et al

Butt stands out as the best 300+ appearances.

Unread 12-07-2017, 01:09 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
is that pointless little pin dick still replying to my posts after all this time
It was actually quite funny tbf mate

Unread 12-07-2017, 01:12 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
yes i am, especially carrick of recent seasons.

keane's from a different era - that side used nicky butt as well. in fact butt made 50 appearances in the treble season.

every top class team needs a continuity player in the midfield. people get hung up on the term water-carrier as a pejorative. truth is that pogba needs the security of a holder. arguably herrera is our water carrier but he has potential do do more and the more options we have the better.

Unread 12-07-2017, 01:18 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
yes i am, especially carrick of recent seasons.

keane's from a different era - that side used nicky butt as well. in fact butt made 50 appearances in the treble season.

every top class team needs a continuity player in the midfield. people get hung up on the term water-carrier as a pejorative. truth is that pogba needs the security of a holder. arguably herrera is our water carrier but he has potential do do more and the more options we have the better.
Because of Eric

"Deschamps gets by because he always gives 100 per cent, but he will never be anything more than a water carrier."

Unread 12-07-2017, 01:25 PM
Clarkie

Don't care.

If signing him means playing Pogba further forward, do it

Unread 12-07-2017, 01:29 PM
20 times

What does "water carrier" even mean?

Unread 12-07-2017, 01:29 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Because of Eric

"Deschamps gets by because he always gives 100 per cent, but he will never be anything more than a water carrier."
exactly,

he later expanded that to praise deschamps and say that every top side needs a water carrier - and that top class water carriers were important etc ...

i'm glad that at least one person on here gets what i was on about and knows a bit about united's history

Unread 12-07-2017, 01:31 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict...ater%20carrier

Welcome

Unread 12-07-2017, 01:38 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
It comes from professional cycling the riders who do the chasing down and ferrying water 'Domestique' eg the non glamorous stuff

Quote:
exactly,

he later expanded that to praise deschamps and say that every top side needs a water carrier - and that top class water carriers were important etc ...

i'm glad that at least one person on here gets what i was on about and knows a bit about united's history
Probably the most infamous is

Closed Thread