United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Wides Anyone think we’ll win tomorrow/today?
Yes 37 58.73%
No 19 30.16%
Spike Island 7 11.11%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 02-06-2023, 07:43 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Trying and failing not to think about it. Would love to fast-forward time to about 15 mins before the end for appropriate goon/tech and psychological shut-down mixed with repression. Would feel significantly more confident if we weren't missing our best defender.
Aahhh, the sweet sweet smell of backtracking wee wee.

But what’s this? not voting suggests there’s poo poo involved too.

Wow. Did not see this from Chris at all.

Unread 02-06-2023, 07:49 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

a time served red like yourself should be rallying the troops not soiling your kecks

Unread 02-06-2023, 07:56 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

Not sure if you've been popping oestrogen pills lately chief but there's no backtracking going on. I (correctly) predicted that we would come third while others were soiling themselves whilst crying that we weren't going to score again much less win a game. I've toned down the confidence on the basis that we have picked up additional injuries thus disproving the 'head in the clouds' mentality you were bemoaning upthread.

Don't want to offer a man of advancing years such as yourself a straightener but might be forced to. PS voted.

Unread 02-06-2023, 07:57 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Because……?
Because it's Manchester United and I support them and I think my support can help and I'm hopeful. I'm not suggesting I'm always right obviously and I'm not but I go into every match thinking that we'll win.

Unread 02-06-2023, 08:03 PM
tatty

Play the game 10 times and I reckon we win 2 and draw 1.

So we can win, but it's unlikely.

Unread 02-06-2023, 08:06 PM
Arnold Muhren

Keep them out for first half hour and we can then go on and do it. True faith.

Unread 02-06-2023, 08:09 PM
redhegemony

The pressure is all on City - no player will want to get injured and it wouldn't surprise me if wacky old Pep tried something different..

Martial not being fit might be a blessing we either have to play a more dynamic attacker or an extra midfielder.

Unread 02-06-2023, 08:13 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Win 1-0 or get beat 4-0.
that's my take, too. maybe 6-0. if we play our best and they don't pass to haaland again.... it wouldn't even be a cup final upset.

Unread 02-06-2023, 08:14 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
that's my take, too. maybe 6-0. if we play our best and they don't pass to haaland again.... it wouldn't even be a cup final upset.
Can’t see us winning 6-0 jem.

Unread 02-06-2023, 08:18 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Can’t see us winning 6-0 jem.
Doomlord

Unread 02-06-2023, 08:22 PM
Lodestar

Never gone into a game believing we don't have a chance. That's exactly what Citeh want.

Believe.

Unread 02-06-2023, 08:23 PM
Danoli

I hope we make it hostile for them, I hope there are plenty of chants about them being cheats.

I hope we are really loud about that tomorrow.

Since the 115 charges were announced I haven’t heard one set of opposing fans giving them a hard time about it, let’s hope that we are the first, and let’s hope we are are at it from the first whistle.

Unread 02-06-2023, 08:31 PM
Stickman

I think we’ll surrender possession as you do v City but win 1-0 thanks to an early goal.

Arsenal 04 vibes in the stands - we will hammer them on that side of things.

I’ve just got a funny feeling we’ll win with a bit of a smash and grab where we £#%&! up a few counter attacks for 2-0 playing very much on the break.

It will be proper shredded nerves etc

Unread 02-06-2023, 08:33 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
Never gone into a game believing we don't have a chance. That's exactly what Citeh want.

Believe.
I think the players know they can win mate, which is who counts really isn't it

Unread 02-06-2023, 08:47 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
There’s a chance but Guardiola doesn’t really do complacency or allow it

They have maybe the best team they’ve ever had in the history of their club and our squad isn’t even the best we’ve had in the last 10 years.
Disagree there. Complacency is one of their biggest flaws. They can be very careless and sloppy at times. Less so in this current form, but it’s not them out of CLs and it cost them the last time they played us.

Unread 02-06-2023, 08:49 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I think the players know they can win mate, which is who counts really isn't it
The shirts should relish this. A chance to be a spanner in the works and our support should make it as hostile as £#%&!.

Unread 02-06-2023, 08:50 PM
Medlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
I hope we make it hostile for them, I hope there are plenty of chants about them being cheats.

I hope we are really loud about that tomorrow.

Since the 115 charges were announced I haven’t heard one set of opposing fans giving them a hard time about it, let’s hope that we are the first, and let’s hope we are are at it from the first whistle.
As much as I blame the media for not biting at 100 plus charges l, zero chants about this at Ok Trafford is absurd/unforgivable

Unread 02-06-2023, 09:16 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
As much as I blame the media for not biting at 100 plus charges l, zero chants about this at Ok Trafford is absurd/unforgivable
100%

Should be ‘cheat cheat cheat’ throughout the whole match tomorrow.

Just been sent a vid on WhatsApp of a decent turn out from united. How do you copy WhatsApp vids onto here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Not sure if you've been popping oestrogen pills lately chief but there's no backtracking going on. I (correctly) predicted that we would come third while others were soiling themselves whilst crying that we weren't going to score again much less win a game. I've toned down the confidence on the basis that we have picked up additional injuries thus disproving the 'head in the clouds' mentality you were bemoaning upthread.

Don't want to offer a man of advancing years such as yourself a straightener but might be forced to. PS voted.
Well what do we have here? Offering a potential straightener from Florida? *threatening*.

Chris, let me level with you. I think you’re upper echelon shit on here but I won’t hold back if you come at me. Would need to take me out completely or it will be misery. Be warned.

I’ve noted you’ve voted for Spike Island. That’s more pissy than the bed piss negative crew pal. A shit house hinterland. Very close to redding you and I rarely red.

Unread 02-06-2023, 09:32 PM
est.1878

Intercontinental straightener offer is diagnosable PGT

Tension will only intensify, would recommend yoga and a jodrell over some Aruba brochures post 9aside.

Unread 02-06-2023, 09:34 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Well what do we have here? Offering a potential straightener from Florida? *threatening*.

Chris, let me level with you. I think you’re upper echelon shit on here but I won’t hold back if you come at me. Would need to take me out completely or it will be misery. Be warned.

I’ve noted you’ve voted for Spike Island. That’s more pissy than the bed piss negative crew pal. A shit house hinterland. Very close to redding you and I rarely red.
See you've found your tongue after ducking me
These are your poll options, pol and I've already expressed in writing that I think we have a decent chance albeit less than when I initially predicted a win.

NYC is about 3 hours from me and 6 from you. If you don't fancy me headbutting your teeth through your nose in Big Apple we could always meet somewhere in the middle, perhaps one of the Portuguese archipelagos? Alternatively I'm back about once a year so can meet you in the Castle for a mild and a straightener/livener.

https://imgur.com/upload should work to upload videos
Closed Thread