United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-06-2023, 04:53 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Always wear a United shirt and scarf whether I go or watch on TV. Have done since 1983.
Why not afterall it worked for you in 1983 & no reason why it should'nt work again tomorrow

Unread 02-06-2023, 05:04 PM
puressence

Always watch bbc for the game loved saint and Greavsie and the coach bits .. and convinced the first team you see players waving to the family members etc loses.

Unread 02-06-2023, 08:19 PM
Bonkon

Usual match rituals, red undercrackers, lucky socks, united pin badge on whatever top I wear (has to be a red, white or black t-shirt.)
Along with stopping at Keele and Hilton park services. (Other services can be used, but these two are vital to us winning)
Have to listen to Bruce Springsteen dancing in the dark (remember listening it on my Dad's Walkman on the way to my first final in 85)
Always head to Kilburn for a few beers and then when the tube gets to Wembley and have a quick one in the Torch () Got to get a snack in the Asian shop on the way to Wembley way.
Always walk down the left side of Wembley way even if we're on the right side of the stadium.
Always buy a programme and get in early enough to hear abide with me.
Come on you reds!

Unread 02-06-2023, 08:44 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkon
Usual match rituals, red undercrackers, lucky socks, united pin badge on whatever top I wear (has to be a red, white or black t-shirt.)
Along with stopping at Keele and Hilton park services. (Other services can be used, but these two are vital to us winning)
Have to listen to Bruce Springsteen dancing in the dark (remember listening it on my Dad's Walkman on the way to my first final in 85)
Always head to Kilburn for a few beers and then when the tube gets to Wembley and have a quick one in the Torch () Got to get a snack in the Asian shop on the way to Wembley way.
Always walk down the left side of Wembley way even if we're on the right side of the stadium.
Always buy a programme and get in early enough to hear abide with me.
Come on you reds!
There has to be a story behind stopping at both Keele and Hilton Park, given that until they invented Stafford (which must have been after 85) they were the two adjoining services.

Unread 02-06-2023, 08:47 PM
Medlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
There has to be a story behind stopping at both Keele and Hilton Park, given that until they invented Stafford (which must have been after 85) they were the two adjoining services.
Deep, complex knowledge

Unread 02-06-2023, 08:56 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
Deep, complex knowledge
It comes from countless journeys to Wembley praying that we don’ t end up like that white Ford Transit on the hard shoulder with its bonnet up and steam pouring out of the engine. Mind you, we did break down coming out of Toddington services on the way to the Lee Martin replay …

Unread 02-06-2023, 09:27 PM
Medlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
It comes from countless journeys to Wembley praying that we don’ t end up like that white Ford Transit on the hard shoulder with its bonnet up and steam pouring out of the engine. Mind you, we did break down coming out of Toddington services on the way to the Lee Martin replay …
Lee Martin replay was my first FA cup final. Got taken out of school at midday

Unread 02-06-2023, 09:29 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
Lee Martin replay was my first FA cup final. Got taken out of school at midday
Just as it should be.

Unread 02-06-2023, 10:55 PM
BarryX

After the Moscow Final, I'll never drink a bottle (or two) of Vodka before a final, and then more vodkas during the first half, ever again.

Unread 03-06-2023, 01:20 PM
woody78

Watching it in the same pub as the o shea anfield game and 2008 champions league final
Closed Thread