United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-12-2019, 04:03 PM
utd99

It’s almost 2020 for Christ’s sake. You’d think people would be more understanding of genetic mutations by now.

It’s like the X-Men saga never happened.

Unread 26-12-2019, 04:18 PM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Where do you draw the line at offensive things you can't say to people?

Skin colour/race/religion are obviously and rightly a no.
How about country of birth? You Scottish bastard/go wash a car you Romanian peasant..
The region/city where you're from? Scouse @#%&! etc etc.

I'm serious about that; should all offensive things be banned? And if not, why?

Edit: I left out hair colour, but just to make the gingers of the forum feel included I added this edot. You guys have surely had a fair amount of (carrot and) stick over the years?
Religion should be fair game

Unread 26-12-2019, 06:52 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
Religion should be fair game
All bar one they are.

Unread 26-12-2019, 06:58 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
All bar one they are.
two imo

Unread 26-12-2019, 11:30 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
All bar one they are.
It's pricey and full of champagne drinking belms but knowing this I'm willing to give it another go

Unread 27-12-2019, 12:09 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
two imo
Islam and......?

Unread 27-12-2019, 12:09 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Islam and......?
Judaism

Both have an issue with pork

have a read of these:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Frank

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabbatai_Zevi

Unread 27-12-2019, 12:15 AM
Cream

Was watching something on Liberia t'other night. What a hellhole.

Think the yanks sent some bum over there to overthrow the incumbent regime, and he ended up being tried for war crimes.

Anyway, the yanks involvement there began around the time of the abolition of slavery. They repatriated a load of freed slaves, and the £#%&!ers enslaved local Liberian lads using the plantation strategies of their yank masters.

Unread 27-12-2019, 12:18 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Judaism

Both have an issue with pork

have a read of these:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Frank

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabbatai_Zevi
People who bang on about halal meat but never mention kosher are always a dead giveaway, nqat.

Unread 27-12-2019, 01:05 AM
utd99

While I’m loathe to speak for God, I’m pretty sure he doesn’t give a £#%&! what meat we eat and how it’s prepared tbh. Probably got other things on his mind.

Unread 27-12-2019, 01:06 AM
Bunker Buster

I'm pro Pork...

Unread 27-12-2019, 01:24 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
People who bang on about halal meat but never mention kosher are always a dead giveaway, nqat.
Kosher isn’t a conquering, converting policy of a conquering, converting religion, though. Kosher is kept to strictly specific butchers, and doesn’t invade the wider retail system.

The halal agenda won’t stop until every piece of meat sold in any shop has been carved from the body of a murdered animal as an Islamic prayer was said before the blade swept its throat.

The hand-wringing libtards will let this happen as they say: “meat is meat, what difference does it matter how it was killed?”

Unread 27-12-2019, 01:36 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

How about country of birth? You Scottish bastard/go wash a car you Romanian peasant..

Edit: I left out hair colour, but just to make the gingers of the forum feel included I added this edot. You guys have surely had a fair amount of (carrot and) stick over the years?
Offence and being offended are completely subjective, how exactly do you 'ban' something which is based entirely on an individual's own perception of something?

Unread 27-12-2019, 02:26 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Offence and being offended are completely subjective, how exactly do you 'ban' something which is based entirely on an individual's own perception of something?
Protest

Unread 27-12-2019, 02:36 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
The halal agenda won’t stop until every piece of meat sold in any shop has been carved from the body of a murdered animal as an Islamic prayer was said before the blade swept its throat.

The hand-wringing libtards will let this happen as they say: “meat is meat, what difference does it matter how it was killed?”
I'm quite interested in what you're trying to say here. Let me know when you know.

Unread 27-12-2019, 07:04 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
While I’m loathe to speak for God, I’m pretty sure he doesn’t give a £#%&! what meat we eat and how it’s prepared tbh. Probably got other things on his mind.
he wants us to be vegan, so he can take all the glory of giving cancer to orphans for himself.

Unread 27-12-2019, 09:43 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
I'm quite interested in what you're trying to say here. Let me know when you know.

Unread 27-12-2019, 01:10 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Think it's more of a social construct kind of thing (i.e. what we as a society subjectively deem offensive and immoral at a given point in time). And you're right, imho, that you can't really ban something that's in-flux. The whole point is, where do you/we draw the line? I just don't think it's logical to make national headline news out of one idiot at a football match for his pathetic, racist behaviour, on the one-hand, whilst on the other be openly negative towards people from different countries, regions or cities.

Unread 27-12-2019, 01:54 PM
Switching Off

Quote:

Had loads of stick for my hair over the years. Not off the same person twice though

Unread 27-12-2019, 01:56 PM
Hands of Scone

I think you’ll find that according to the prevailing wisdom there’s direct causation between Boris Johnson’s pronouncements and some irrelevant mouthy #@&%! at the football. It has clearly been demonstrated conclusively that there would be no idiots shouting mean things were it not for the tories.

Given the serious and obvious mesmerising effect of his utterances the answer is obviously to force Boris to record a cover of ‘ebony and ivory’ to be played before every game.
Closed Thread