United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-12-2019, 08:42 PM
d_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
Listen, dick, don’t try to resort to the wounded soldier act after you played the racist card.

I paid attention to what you said. And then using your reasoning I demonstrated conclusively, even if you don’t understand it, why your entire argument is nonsense.
No you have not read and comprehended what I am trying to say.

Also I never called you names. You're swearing at me out of the blue.

Your point is that it is not racist to call Muslim women in burkas letter boxes. You think it is acceptable. Hence acceptable racism to you.

I think it should not be done and is offensive.

That is all.

Well, as fun as it is we're not gonna see eye to eye so I'll just not come into this thread again.

I have spoken.

Unread 24-12-2019, 08:42 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight
But scones says it's acceptable and not racist to call Muslim women in burkas letter boxes.
It is acceptable and it’s not racist. Rather it’s grossly misogynistic to think that it is acceptable to force women to cover up in public. Calling out the sexism and oppression of such medieval garments in a modern equitable society should not be in the least remarkable. Only a hypocritical sexist bigot would defend such practices.

Unread 24-12-2019, 08:43 PM
utd99

Quote:
But scones says it's acceptable and not racist to call Muslim women in burkas letter boxes.
If you’re going to try to debate him (good luck), why not at least try to rebut what he actually said?

Unread 24-12-2019, 08:43 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:

Your point is that it is not racist to call Muslim women in burkas letter boxes. You think it is acceptable. Hence acceptable racism to you.

That is all.

Well, as fun as it is we're not gonna see eye to eye so I'll just not come into this thread again.

I have spoken.
Son, you’re out of your depth.

Unread 24-12-2019, 08:44 PM
Sparky***

And a happy new yeeeeeeeear

Unread 24-12-2019, 08:46 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
If you’re going to try to debate him (good luck), why not at least try to rebut what he actually said?
Thick as mince, the lad. I might as well explain it to the cat. Imagine being so dumb you jump on gary neville’s bandwagon.

Unread 24-12-2019, 09:03 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

That is all.

I have spoken.
It’s a stupid comment unbecoming of a prime minister. Dunno about you but it just makes him look a bit of a clown. Not sure it’s racist though. There are a hell of a lot of things you could level at Boris Johnson, but that comment doesn’t make him a racist.

Is criticism of Islam even racist? You get beardy ginger muslims too. His comment in and of itself can be taken offensively for sure, but as sconers said, it’s an archaic religion guilty of some heinous stuff.

Unread 24-12-2019, 09:50 PM
Redrum

Quote:
Aye, but he's a complete #@&%!. So not really revelant in any sensible conversation.

Which is not what the internet is about.

Hence Irk.

Unread 24-12-2019, 11:00 PM
Cream

Quote:

That is all.

I have spoken.
You are the bigger man NQAT.

Unread 24-12-2019, 11:11 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
You are the bigger man NQAT.
This.

In fact, I'm pretty sure Scones was one of the 7 dwarves in pantomime this year.

Not sure who he was but he wasn't Happy...

Unread 24-12-2019, 11:12 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
This.

In fact, I'm pretty sure Scones was one of the 7 dwarves in pantomime this year.

Not sure who he was but he wasn't Happy...
Certainly a fan of Snow White...

Unread 24-12-2019, 11:15 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Holy smoke.

Did you just go there????

Yiu saying he loves all the disney princesses????

Unread 24-12-2019, 11:24 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Unread 25-12-2019, 12:00 AM
Fat Al

Apparently he was feeling grumpy.

Who wasn't happy about that.

Unread 25-12-2019, 08:38 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Dopey over here

Unread 25-12-2019, 02:56 PM
BarryX

Where do you draw the line at offensive things you can't say to people?

Skin colour/race/religion are obviously and rightly a no.
How about country of birth? You Scottish bastard/go wash a car you Romanian peasant..
The region/city where you're from? Scouse @#%&! etc etc.

I'm serious about that; should all offensive things be banned? And if not, why?

Edit: I left out hair colour, but just to make the gingers of the forum feel included I added this edot. You guys have surely had a fair amount of (carrot and) stick over the years?

Unread 25-12-2019, 03:49 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX

Skin colour/race/religion are oviously and rightly a no.
How about country of birth? You Scottish bastard/go wash a car you Romanian peasant..

Edit: I left out hair colour just to make the gingers of the forum feel included. You guys have surely had a fair amount of (carrot and) stick over the years?
The ginger thing is as bad as racism towards blacks imo.

That's why it really pissed me off to see Forrest Whittaker as Idi amin, tell James mcavoy that they find red hair disgusting. Imagine if Mick hucknall told Denzel Washington that black skin is disgusting?

Idi should have known better.

Unread 25-12-2019, 03:49 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX

Skin colour/race/religion are oviously and rightly a no.

Edit: I left out hair colour just to make the gingers of the forum feel included. You guys have surely had a fair amount of (carrot and) stick over the years?
I think it comes down to which abuses/discriminations are en vogue to be outraged by and which are not. It’s high time Ginges and nuns had a movement imo.

Unread 25-12-2019, 05:49 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex

That's why it really pissed me off to see Forrest Whittaker as Idi amin, tell James mcavoy that they find red hair disgusting. Imagine if Mick hucknall told Denzel Washington that black skin is disgusting?

Bad forn from both Amin and Hucknall, considering their top red status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I think it comes down to which abuses/discriminations are en vogue to be outraged by and which are not. It’s high time Ginges and nuns had a movement imo.
Not trying to belittle racism by the way, but it does reek of hypocrisy to say one form of abuse is wrong and others are perfectly acceptable. And when you go down the route of being aghast at any form of name calling, where does that leave you. Chants of 'you jolly Rotters' jusst don't have that certain something...

Unread 26-12-2019, 10:14 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex

Even great men have their flaws
Closed Thread