United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-08-2013, 06:47 PM
Aman27deep

Thumbs up Is this the calm before the storm?

These past 35 days we've only bought Varela. I think this is the calm before the storm and there are some real big surprises up our hand.

Some BIG signings.

I can feel it.

Unread 04-08-2013, 06:48 PM
carlosartorial

No.

Unread 04-08-2013, 06:49 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
No.

Sparky***

This seems like the longest £#%&!ing closed season ever. 24 hour a day sports "news" and the internet has only exacerbated the problem as well.

waynes ear's

that'll be the shits on the way from undercooked chicken curry pal

teflon_terry

It's the calm before the calm pal.

Lazlo Panaflex

remember this?

Jethro

Wish I could share your optimism lad. This summer has been a crushing disappointment when it comes to Football. I pray the club has an ace up it's sleeve.

Unread 04-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Mr Castro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
This seems like the longest £#%&!ing closed season ever. 24 hour a day sports "news" and the internet has only exacerbated the problem as well.
This. Jim White getting excited every 44 seconds hardly helps.

Unread 04-08-2013, 06:54 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep
These past 35 days we've only bought Varela. I think this is the calm before the storm and there are some real big surprises up our hand.

Some BIG signings.

I can feel it.
We've been doing nothing for the last week but on Monday we will make a new bid close to 40 million with add-ons and then Barca will tell us to £#%&! off again

Then it's back to the drawing board for Moyes and co

Unread 04-08-2013, 07:03 PM
rafabio

Will be surprised if we make a signing.

Unread 04-08-2013, 07:05 PM
lookingforeric

4 more days people

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...o-Man-Utd.html

Unread 04-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Denis Irwell

Don't think it's Moyes & co that are the problem. The £#%&!in equaliser doing the deals. Or not.

Unread 04-08-2013, 07:12 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
No.
Almost every summer for the last five years has been the same, not sure why anyone's surprised. Fabregas is just this years Sneijder ffs.

The only "surprise" will be if this new clown doesn't sign that pair of @#%&!s from Everton. That's as good as it'll get.

I wish the fairytail reds would just post a few threads about this years "brilliant youngsters" and get it over with already. £#%&!ing hell.

Unread 04-08-2013, 07:16 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
You're right, and 'seems' is the operative word. The transfer market has always been like this, it's just the delivery of information that has changed. You remember Berbatov went down to the final few minutes, the Shearer saga went on and on, even Robson from West Brom dragged on throughout the Summer and in the end didn't get done until the next season had started. Imagine if twitter had existed back then.

This deluge of information from increasingly spurious sources is making people crazy. It's like being plugged into the matrix.

Unread 04-08-2013, 07:19 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
You're right, and 'seems' is the operative word. The transfer market has always been like this, it's just the delivery of information that has changed. You remember Berbatov went down to the final few minutes, the Shearer saga went on and on, even Robson from West Brom dragged on throughout the Summer and in the end didn't get done until the next season had started. Imagine if twitter had existed back then.

This deluge of information from increasingly spurious sources is making people crazy. It's like being plugged into the matrix.
Correct.

Unread 04-08-2013, 08:25 PM
red in cumbria

There will be a storm if we don't sign anyone, alright

Unread 04-08-2013, 08:27 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep

Some BIG signings.

I can feel it.
no.

i don't think we'll sign anyone in this window. i think moyles will wait until the next one, when he's had time to see what's what with the squad in the theatre of war... then he'll have a bloody good look at some suitable candidates. and we won't sign anyone then, either.

Unread 04-08-2013, 10:07 PM
Aman27deep

He will definitely sign players, as for Moyes, this may be his first and last chance at the world's biggest club.

Unread 04-08-2013, 10:11 PM
MUFC One Love

Can't wait for us to wait a week to put in a new bid for Fabregas then when it gets rejected say we had a good try at signing players but we didn't find value in the market.
Closed Thread