United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-04-2018, 03:14 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I guess that's why you'd never look at our remaining fixtures and suggest we're on course for 89 points.

happy to slag off liverpool for bottling a game they haven't even played, but no blame on mou for the sevilla debacle.
Have blamed Mou for the Sevilla tie many times you worthless son of a rubbish bin.

Unread 13-04-2018, 03:25 PM
ScarFace

Whatever happens, it'll be hell to watch.

After seeing the second legs of Bayern n Real, at least Roma played well.

Unread 13-04-2018, 03:31 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Have blamed Mou for the Sevilla tie many times you worthless son of a rubbish bin.

how about "on course for 89 points"?

Unread 13-04-2018, 03:36 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Whatever happens, it'll be hell to watch.

After seeing the second legs of Bayern n Real, at least Roma played well.
yep, it's just a case of clutching for the nearest straws unfortunately.
Just got to hope they underestimate Roma.

Unread 13-04-2018, 03:38 PM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

I'd imagine you'd be real fun at parties, if you ever got invited to any

Unread 13-04-2018, 03:42 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

How about stfu....

Unread 13-04-2018, 04:02 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Rather they didn't win it but I can't say i'm that arsed tbh.
I really don't understand this nonchalance about them possibly getting no 6, tbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Football's Corbyn
As in he actually achieves better results than most give him credit for?

Unread 13-04-2018, 04:15 PM
jem

Quote:
How about stfu....
you started that thread of %@#$&!s. one of many designed merely to annoy people with deluded propaganda. we simpered out of europe and we play shit football.

liverpool winning a sixth ec is a horrible thought, but you'll be swooping in with a "people want this to happen to make mou look bad" soon.

Unread 13-04-2018, 04:26 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
£#%&! sake.

Second leg being in Rome is the only positive.
Being away second is always a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Whilst the suffering does go on longer them (hopefully) losing the final will be hilarious
£#%&! that. Have to lose the semi final.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustling jimmies
And to think people were delighted they beat City to go through ffs
Still am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
In a one off game I’m afraid they’re more than capable. They can go it at 100%

I’m not going to lie, I’m absolutely shitting it now.

Ffs
If united were in Liverpool’s position, we would be highly unlikely to win it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Not for me. Big game Ronnie all the way.
Knowing Liverpool’s luck with this trophy Ronnie will be either injured or suspended. Can’t take a chance in a one off game. They have to be dealt with over two legs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I'm just being facetious tbh

the point is more about how it's a bit rich to rage about how scabby other teams are when we completely shit ourselves in this competition.
Always been the case. We have to be at our peak to win it, and even then our very best teams had to rely on a large slice of luck in the finals. For some reason, a shitter liverpool team have often played with more belief than us in the champions league.

Unread 13-04-2018, 04:37 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Being away second is always a good thing.
Should probably let UEFA know then, because they consider being at home in the 2nd leg an advantage, hence why all group winners play the first leg away from home.

Unread 13-04-2018, 04:41 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Should probably let UEFA know then, because they consider being at home in the 2nd leg an advantage, hence why all group winners play the first leg away from home.
and crab sticks do not actually contain any crab. From 1993, manufacturers have been legally obliged to label them 'Crab Flavoured Sticks'.

Unread 13-04-2018, 04:55 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Maybe in general, but it’s usually never been the case for united under Fergie.

Unread 13-04-2018, 04:57 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Maybe in general, but it’s usually never been the case for united under Fergie.
Well yeah, funnily enough I wasn’t thinking about United under Fergie, as the match in question is taking place between Liverpool and Roma in 2018.

Unread 13-04-2018, 05:38 PM
rustling jimmies

Quote:
Well yeah, funnily enough I wasn’t thinking about United under Fergie, as the match in question is taking place between Liverpool and Roma in 2018.

Unread 13-04-2018, 05:42 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Roma aren't a top team but keep in mind they're yet to concede at home in the CL.

They can absolutely go to Anfield and do some catenaccio and then blitz them at the Olimpico where all of Chelsea, Atletico and Barca have been and not done anything.

Either way the scousers or roma will lose to bayern or madrid.

But this atmosphere of "liverpool already in the final" is dangerous for the scouse, exactly when they fail. When they are favourites and they start believing their hype. Wouldn't be surprised if Roma go thru. Liverpool are regular bottlers in recent years when there's a tiny bit of pressure on them.
Whereas Roma......

Would be spectacularly un-Roma like to get to the final. They're more likely to get a 1-1 at Anfield and then lose 0-2 at home.

There's some pressure on them now. That doesn't usually end well.

Unread 13-04-2018, 05:49 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Given the importance away goals play, both in terms of outcome and approach, you don’t think it will be an advantage for Liverpool to know with certainty how to approach the away game?

The risk of conceding away goals often puts pressure on the home team in the second leg.

Unread 13-04-2018, 08:53 PM
Tiberian

Ballls to that draw. Hopefully Roma do the world a favour but can't expect it. Liverpool against anyone in a one off game are a threat, can have a golden 15 mins and kill the game, makes relying on Real/Bayern doing them in a final a fraught hope.

Not fair to turn this into another opportunity to bash Mou but Liverpool getting to the final or winning it after our performance and his "heritage" excuse after Sevilla would be extra salt.

Unread 14-04-2018, 10:28 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Ballls to that draw. Hopefully Roma do the world a favour but can't expect it. Liverpool against anyone in a one off game are a threat, can have a golden 15 mins and kill the game, makes relying on Real/Bayern doing them in a final a fraught hope.

Not fair to turn this into another opportunity to bash Mou but Liverpool getting to the final or winning it after our performance and his "heritage" excuse after Sevilla would be extra salt.
Liverpool have challenged for the title in the same period we went to shit post ferie. Klopp has been there longer than Mou and there simply isn't the same pressures at that club.

"not gonna turn this into another opportunity to bash mou but watch me do it anyway"...

If they win it it is irrelevant to our position, it's a cup situation. We should have beat sevilla full stop.

Unread 14-04-2018, 11:55 AM
Wellinever

Default The Fix is in!

Googles newsstand app is saying Roma were offering tickets for the Liverpool game on THURSDAY evening, almost 24 hours before the draw took place!

UEFA is looking into it? So that's all right then!

Unread 14-04-2018, 03:25 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Liverpool have challenged for the title in the same period we went to shit post ferie. Klopp has been there longer than Mou and there simply isn't the same pressures at that club.

"not gonna turn this into another opportunity to bash mou but watch me do it anyway"...

If they win it it is irrelevant to our position, it's a cup situation. We should have beat sevilla full stop.
Liverpool team that started at Crytanbul.

Mignolet
Johnson
Skrtel
Sahko
Flanagan
Gerrard
Lucas
Allen
Sterling
Sturridge
Suarez

With Coutinho and Moses off the bench.

None of those players are around now, they had to rebuild from scratch.
Closed Thread