United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-01-2022, 09:32 AM
My Name is Heath

Default Elanga must play more often with a football

because he’s a bloody good player and offered us bucket loads last night.

He asks more questions of a defender than Paxman.

He has pace. Attitude.

We looked a lot better with him on.

Acknowledge him.

Unread 11-01-2022, 09:34 AM
puressence

also has braces ..

Unread 11-01-2022, 09:40 AM
Rorschach

Boy played good.

Unread 11-01-2022, 09:40 AM
dunk

Balance his 10 minute cameo against tired defenders last night against his 90 minutes of nothing against Young Boys, where he was bullied and out-knowhowed throughout.

Needs minutes, not ready to start for United yet.

Unread 11-01-2022, 09:48 AM
Hyman_Roth

100% give him a go. He cannot possibly be worse than Rashford.

Unread 11-01-2022, 10:33 AM
Lok

Anyone who comes in and looks motivated will stand out in this team.

He was a breath of fresh air last night but not sure he's really got a long term future at the club.

Unread 11-01-2022, 10:41 AM
redhegemony

Two good leaps to win headers and nice footwork. Definitely worth some game time.

Unread 11-01-2022, 10:49 AM
jem

he's elanga.

Unread 11-01-2022, 11:00 AM
My Name is Heath

This could be the basis of a song for him

Elanga - will always score.

In a stadium old and grand
(Elanga)
A new king bravely rules the land
(Elanga)
With Bruno and Mason by his side
(Elanga)
It's a wild and daring ride
Elanga, Elanga will always score.

Unread 11-01-2022, 02:01 PM
Dasilvatwins

He challenged for about three headers aswell and won them all. Seems to have a leap on him.

Not losing out on the first or second ball will be a nice change for our shit squad

Unread 11-01-2022, 05:13 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
100% give him a go. He cannot possibly be worse than Rashford.
This.

Same for Amad and Lee Grant.

Unread 11-01-2022, 06:02 PM
tatty

I'll back any player giving 100% at the moment.

Unread 11-01-2022, 06:39 PM
ryanMUFC

We like nothing more than building people up to be better than what they actually are. We’ve done the same with Greenwood to the point where OT is booing that he’s been subbed despite doing nothing.

Unread 11-01-2022, 06:59 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
We like nothing more than building people up to be better than what they actually are. We’ve done the same with Greenwood to the point where OT is booing that he’s been subbed despite doing nothing.
Said elsewhere but I just see so much potential in him. I have Swedish roots and sometimes it is like looking in a mirror. I just feel a connection to him.

He offers something different and he is not stained by the omni turd of recent seasons.

He’s a fresh pair of grunderpants after a night eating curries in Rusholme.

Climb inside him and watch him come good.

Unread 11-01-2022, 07:42 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Said elsewhere but I just see so much potential in him. I have Swedish roots and sometimes it is like looking in a mirror. I just feel a connection to him.

He offers something different and he is not stained by the omni turd of recent seasons.

He’s a fresh pair of grunderpants after a night eating curries in Rusholme.

Climb inside him and watch him come good.
Nailed it. Sometimes it’s easy to come in to a game for the last 5
minutes but we definitely need something different at the minute.

Unread 11-01-2022, 08:03 PM
jem

Quote:
nuh-huh. he is better than he actually is. boo, you, sir!

Unread 11-01-2022, 09:35 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
nuh-huh. he is better than he actually is. boo, you, sir!
Fantastic finisher. I must have missed the game where he looks a real threat on the wing though.

Unread 11-01-2022, 10:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Fantastic finisher. I must have missed the game where he looks a real threat on the wing though.
Was saying that last night. He’s mainly seeing the ball around the halfway line or on the flank. He’s one of the few players we’ve got that has the instinct for creating a yard and getting a shot off, and actually reacting to space and chances in the oppositions area, most of the time he has to beat a couple of players to even get a sight of goal. It’s mad.

He’s probably the best we’ve got at playing back to goal and bringing others into play too. A right winger he ain’t.

Unread 11-01-2022, 10:18 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Was saying that last night. He’s mainly seeing the ball around the halfway line or on the flank. He’s one of the few players we’ve got that has the instinct for creating a yard and getting a shot off, and actually reacting to space and chances in the oppositions area, most of the time he has to beat a couple of players to even get a sight of goal. It’s mad.

He’s probably the best we’ve got at playing back to goal and bringing others into play too. A right winger he ain’t.
It’s probably seen as less of a risk by throwing him out wide than putting him up top (which looks like his natural position) where he will probably get very little service and where he’ll be under more scrutiny if he doesn’t score.

Throwing him on the right is probably hindering the amount of goalscoring chances we create (happy to be proven wrong by stats).

Unread 11-01-2022, 10:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
It’s probably seen as less of a risk by throwing him out wide than putting him up top (which looks like his natural position) where he will probably get very little service and where he’ll be under more scrutiny if he doesn’t score.

Throwing him on the right is probably hindering the amount of goalscoring chances we create (happy to be proven wrong by stats).
True, but if he's on the pitch you want him getting the ball in and around the penalty area as much as possible.
Closed Thread