United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-04-2021, 08:01 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
The PL believed the Saudis taking over Newcastle were too close/a front for the Saudi government, and they wont have governments owning clubs.

If its Bob Saudi from Yemen Drive it's fine.
15 Yemen Road, Yemen

Unread 21-04-2021, 08:02 PM
Torquemada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
yeah unlike those oil men who own the blue c***s
The Saudis are exponentially worse than Mansour/Etihad. It's like comparing Terry Nutkins with Jeffrey Dahmer

Unread 21-04-2021, 08:06 PM
Danoli

Maybe Jim Ratcliffe might be interested

Unread 21-04-2021, 08:25 PM
tatty

If it's the Saudi's or perpetual also-rans then i'll take sand in my crack.

Unread 21-04-2021, 08:31 PM
System Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
If it's the Saudi's or perpetual also-rans then i'll take sand in my crack.
Talking this with a pinch of salt

Unread 21-04-2021, 08:39 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Lump on lads!
I know Pure can be a pain in the arse, but that's not very nice. 😂

Unread 21-04-2021, 09:52 PM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquemada
The Saudis are exponentially worse than Mansour/Etihad. It's like comparing Terry Nutkins with Jeffrey Dahmer
Maybe but this Saudi talks obviously steem Mansour was allowed in at man city.

Unread 21-04-2021, 10:42 PM
Red_Rizla

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
I know Pure can be a pain in the arse, but that's not very nice. 😂
🙂

The Gimps need to go. But the only real option at the moment seems to be a buyout from some equally unethical, human-rights abusing, corrupt, exploitative source.

Yes, we want a collective fan-based buyout led by Madchester legends and Danny Boyle, operating on a no greed, inclusive business model. But really, that is not going to happen, so please, someone, provide a realistic takeover scenario that I can support.

Unread 21-04-2021, 10:51 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Rizla
🙂

The Gimps need to go. But the only real option at the moment seems to be a buyout from some equally unethical, human-rights abusing, corrupt, exploitative source.

Yes, we want a collective fan-based buyout led by Madchester legends and Danny Boyle, operating on a no greed, inclusive business model. But really, that is not going to happen, so please, someone, provide a realistic takeover scenario that I can support.
either reduce the value of the club by boycotting everything to make it affordable or the government or governing bodies must mandate fan ownership and control at some level.

there is no way anyone nice is raising £3bn.

making fit and proper mean something is not in our hands.

Unread 21-04-2021, 10:54 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Like 'will you assassinate local journalists if press coverage is hostile?'
It wouldn’t be the first time we have been owned by a butcher .....

Unread 21-04-2021, 11:00 PM
Red_Rizla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
either reduce the value of the club by boycotting everything to make it affordable or the government or governing bodies must mandate fan ownership and control at some level.

there is no way anyone nice is raising £3bn.

making fit and proper mean something is not in our hands.
The government/governing bodies mandate is crucial, but they have for so long been nodding and genuflecting to the sweet-scented power of the dollar/petro-dollar that they will find it difficult now to back down to, other than in some cursory way that might attract populist votes

Unread 21-04-2021, 11:08 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I don't think they'll be selling any time soon

who the £#%&! would buy us?
Surely Ratcliffe is watching.

Unread 21-04-2021, 11:20 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Surely Ratcliffe is watching.
Ye, at stamford bridge. @#%&! wanted to buy them because he lives near.

At 3 bil and now zero chance of doubling your money with a new mega league, we are £#%&!ed unless our scum owners just sell us off slowly bit by bit to the stock market the day after we get a boost with a new tampon sponsor.

Unread 21-04-2021, 11:35 PM
Bunker Buster

Cool

Red knights are mustering fyi....

Unread 21-04-2021, 11:46 PM
lenin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
I see the Phoenix Fund arising, I hear the whistles on the way...

Unread 22-04-2021, 12:04 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
What the £#%&! does that even mean?

Unread 22-04-2021, 01:35 AM
Torquemada

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPolk
Maybe but this Saudi talks obviously steem Mansour was allowed in at man city.
The UAE just does renditions of its own royal family to order and then 'disappears' them. The Saudis render anyone that disagrees with them in large acid vats after they shoot or butcher them, Which one do you want in charge of your club?

Unread 22-04-2021, 02:26 AM
jesper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Rizla
The government/governing bodies mandate is crucial, but they have for so long been nodding and genuflecting to the sweet-scented power of the dollar/petro-dollar that they will find it difficult now to back down to, other than in some cursory way that might attract populist votes
You are right, but they will also know that this is potentially a huge vote winner for any government that can make it happen. And staying in power is the only thing they love as much as money, mostly because it allows them to get more money.

Unread 22-04-2021, 08:22 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Ye, at stamford bridge. @#%&! wanted to buy them because he lives near.

At 3 bil and now zero chance of doubling your money with a new mega league, we are £#%&!ed unless our scum owners just sell us off slowly bit by bit to the stock market the day after we get a boost with a new tampon sponsor.
We do need one, we’re going through a bad period right now.

Unread 22-04-2021, 09:26 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquemada
The UAE just does renditions of its own royal family to order and then 'disappears' them. The Saudis render anyone that disagrees with them in large acid vats after they shoot or butcher them, Which one do you want in charge of your club?
It would add a bit of spice to Ed Woodward's (or his successor's) annual appraisal
Closed Thread