waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
About what you’ve said it’s not happening you flip flopping cab driver

Unread 31-07-2019, 09:24 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I think you’re worrying too much about us having a massive ‘transfer strategy’ pal.

Maybe we can still sign a few young and hungry British boys and also put up the money for a 25-year old foreign galactico.
Yeah you’re probably right pal, but I’ve got little faith in Woodward doing deals and South American forwards playing for Manchester United.

We told every man and his dog that we’d changed transfer strategy, that we want a certain type of player going forward...

Three months later and we're involved in a swap deal in which we have to persuade a player to play for us.

Unread 31-07-2019, 09:28 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yeah you’re probably right pal, but I’ve got little faith in Woodward doing deals and South American forwards playing for Manchester United.

We told every man and his dog that we’d changed transfer strategy, that we want a certain type of player going forward...

Three months later and we're involved in a swap deal in which we have to persuade a player to play for us.
Come on mate. if the chance comes up to sign Dybala you don't turn around and say: "Sorry he isn't British, isn't young and isn't hungry..."

He is a world class player and is something we are crying out for in the attacking third. Have you seen how poor we are in front of goal? Who should we sign instead?

And who says we have to persuade him to come? Granted he would probably rather stay at Juventus, can't blame him, but if he is surplus to requirements there, he will move on.

Have faith in this one.

Unread 31-07-2019, 09:29 AM
TheFatGoth

Funny we only buy "world class" players when bigger clubs don't want them.

Unread 31-07-2019, 09:30 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Why would we be able to sign bigger world class players from bigger clubs if they want them? They wouldn't want to sell and, thus, we wouldn't be able to sign them....

You do realise the gulf in size between us and the likes of Juventus, Barca and Madrid, right?

Unread 31-07-2019, 09:30 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Come on mate. if the chance comes up to sign Dybala you don't turn around and say: "Sorry he isn't British, isn't young and isn't hungry..."

He is a world class player and is something we are crying out for in the attacking third. Have you seen how poor we are in front of goal? Who should we sign instead?

And who says we have to persuade him to come? Granted he would probably rather stay at Juventus, can't blame him, but if he is surplus to requirements there, he will move on.

Have faith in this one.
I’m trying pal...

But I’ve been burnt by the Di Maria, Sanchez and Falcao

Unread 31-07-2019, 09:39 AM
Patty_b

Dybala is a cracking little player. I think he'd be a star for most teams if he wasn't pushed out wide to be honest.

We're obviously trying to get rid of Lukaku, and we would probably need a replacement if he goes. Juventus looks like they're trying to offload Dybala. Juventus want Lukaku (apparently for some mental reason).

The transfer should happen all things considered. But I cannot see it going through. It's far too good to be true.

In the end, Lukaku will probably go to Inter, and we'll end up signing a 30 year old Aubameyang for about £40mil

Unread 31-07-2019, 09:49 AM
ZiggyStardust

Aside from the fact he'd rather stay at Juve my big reservation about this deal is whether Ole clearly knows how he fits in

With the signings we've made and those we've been linked with it's clear what position they'll fit in and that they'll suit the current new ethos of high intensity pressing from the front

With Dybala it feels more like an opportunistic Woody signing
Dybala is a bit like Griezmann in that he's a bit of an awkward forward to fit into a team as he's not really a wide forward or a centre forward but more like a 2nd striker however most teams don't play with 2 up front these days

I just hope this is a signing Ole wants and he knows exactly how he's going to fit in
Also hope it doesn't have an impact on our potential signing of Fernandes as he's a player I think will suit us very well

Unread 31-07-2019, 09:50 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
most teams don't play with 2 up front these days
looking at the dogshit on our books, we barely play with one

Unread 31-07-2019, 09:51 AM
Bunker Buster

How he fits

Yeah we're really upsetting the round pegs and square holes in Mata and Lingard accomodating this worldie

Signed by Friday .

Unread 31-07-2019, 09:51 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
How he fits

Yeah we're really upsetting the round pegs and square holes in Mata and Lingard accomodating this worldie

Signed by Friday .

Unread 31-07-2019, 09:53 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
How he fits

Signed by Friday .
You make exceptions to 'transfer policies' for certain players.

He's one of them.

Unread 31-07-2019, 09:53 AM
DuanePipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
True. I certainly remember Leeds Utd getting the best years out of Cantona before Howard Wilkinson decided it'd be smart business to ship him out.

Might be wrong, but I think Leeds Utd were the champions of England at the time.

Unread 31-07-2019, 09:54 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Dybala is a cracking little player. I think he'd be a star for most teams if he wasn't pushed out wide to be honest.

We're obviously trying to get rid of Lukaku, and we would probably need a replacement if he goes. Juventus looks like they're trying to offload Dybala. Juventus want Lukaku (apparently for some mental reason).

The transfer should happen all things considered. But I cannot see it going through. It's far too good to be true.

In the end, Lukaku will probably go to Inter, and we'll end up signing a 30 year old Aubameyang for about £40mil

Unread 31-07-2019, 10:09 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
How he fits

Signed by Friday .
insta live from Carrington yeah?

Unread 31-07-2019, 10:11 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
insta live from Carrington yeah?
Saturday 05:15am I'm there...

Unread 31-07-2019, 10:12 AM
MartialLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Aside from the fact he'd rather stay at Juve my big reservation about this deal is whether Ole clearly knows how he fits in

With the signings we've made and those we've been linked with it's clear what position they'll fit in and that they'll suit the current new ethos of high intensity pressing from the front

With Dybala it feels more like an opportunistic Woody signing
Dybala is a bit like Griezmann in that he's a bit of an awkward forward to fit into a team as he's not really a wide forward or a centre forward but more like a 2nd striker however most teams don't play with 2 up front these days

I just hope this is a signing Ole wants and he knows exactly how he's going to fit in
Also hope it doesn't have an impact on our potential signing of Fernandes as he's a player I think will suit us very well
£#%&!ing lol!!!!

You're asking how a team who gives lingard minutes fits dybala in

Unread 31-07-2019, 10:14 AM
barca99

Anyway this front 6 could work?

Rashford
Martial
Sanchez
Pogba
Dybala
Fernandes

No? ok.

Him and Pogba did well at Juve together, just play the two together in what ever position that was and build around them.

What am I saying, no way he will sign!

Unread 31-07-2019, 10:15 AM
Ethers

Quote:
How he fits

Signed by Friday .

Absolute cranks.

Unread 31-07-2019, 10:19 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Rashford
Martial
Dybala
Pogba
Fernandes
The Scottish Player

Just need to upgrade McTomers at some point, or hope he turns into Marcel Desailly in his Milan prime
Closed Thread