United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-11-2007, 11:25 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Evra will be fine, he's no soft touch and can handle his own in the air now.

I'd prefer Vidic to play but if he isn't a good opportunity for Pique.
He can handle himself in the air but arially Davies is one of the tougher players about in physical terms and i'd just prefer that Vidic was there to counter him. If he's not I'd think about putting Wes across that side and maybe playing Simmo at fullback.

Unread 19-11-2007, 11:28 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Very true. However if he isn't, and if Pique is now 3rd choice CB, leave Wes where he's doing a very good job. Pique needs to play in these sort of games when the chance arises because he needs the experience.

FWIW I'd keep him in for the Lisbon game too. Rest one of Rio or Vidic.
fergie has already said pique, simpson will start next 2 games in champions league.

may well evans too...

Unread 19-11-2007, 11:30 AM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
fergie has already said pique, simpson will start next 2 games in champions league.

may well evans too...
Excellent!

magic_cantona

At the moment, I'd feel comfortable with most line up's.

We're that good.

notadoomlordanymore.com

Whalefish

Nah, don't think Evans starting is a good idea.

Bedders - fair point but I'd keep Wes out on the right. Done well there and he'll be needed if Anelka or Diouf start. Davies is a dirty snidey little bastard all albows and pigeon chest. Gets away with more fouls than I can remember. And when he is pulled up for one the @#%&! moans like a trooper.

Unread 19-11-2007, 11:36 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
At the moment, I'd feel comfortable with most line up's.

We're that good.

notadoomlordanymore.com
Indeed.

Davies schmavies. They'll be more worried about us, I'm sure.

Unread 19-11-2007, 01:38 PM
MJ Ramone

I don't think we should get over-confident.
We've won our last couple at Bolton...law of averages would suggest a 'slip-up'..maybe not a defeat but a possible draw.

This season has been hacked to ribbons by International £#%&!ing Football.
You can't have 2 or 3 League games in a row without a 'Double Header' rearing it's ugly head.

Vidic is a must for Saturday.

Do Argentina play midweek?..or is Tevez on his way home?
With Rooney out & Saha looking unfit & sluggish against Blackburn the last thing we need is anything happening to Tevez.

Unread 19-11-2007, 01:42 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I don't think we should get over-confident.
We've won our last couple at Bolton...law of averages would suggest a 'slip-up'..maybe not a defeat but a possible draw.
This season has been hacked to ribbons by International £#%&!ing Football.
You can't have 2 or 3 League games in a row without a 'Double Header' rearing it's ugly head.

Vidic is a must for Saturday.

Do Argentina play midweek?..or is Tevez on his way home?
With Rooney out & Saha looking unfit & sluggish against Blackburn the last thing we need is anything happening to Tevez.

Didn't we say that about Villa this season?

Tevez will play on Wednesday for Argies.

Saha just needs games. I'm sure that 60 odd minutes will have done him good.

As long as everyone is rested and ready then we shouldn't have too many problems really. We're totally on top of our game and we will be too strong for Bolton if we reach anywhere near our maximum.

Unread 19-11-2007, 01:47 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
We're totally on top of our game and we will be too strong for Bolton if we reach anywhere near our maximum.

I'm just trying to 'keep a lid on it' as it were. It's because we're playing so well that I'm worried a bad result is on the horizon.

..then again, I'd say the result at the Emirates was a bad result so perhaps that was our 'blip'

Look, Bolton are a £#%&!ing poor side...but, they've re-discovered that aggressive work rate of a few years ago (recent draws at Bayern Munich & West Ham)
It'll be a tough game, I just wish Rooney was playing & Saha was anything like fit & firing.

Unread 19-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Barca '91

Davies wont play upfront anyway Saturday will he. He'll be out on the right in a 5 man midfield. Therefore he'll be up against Evra for the airial balls 9 times out of 10 I would suggest.

As said previously, Evra is no pushover these days despite being a midget but its more to do with how we deal with the second ball and bar a couple of occasions (at Arsenal for e.g) we've looked pretty organised at the back in this respect.

We should be alright Satdee.

Unread 19-11-2007, 01:55 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I'm just trying to 'keep a lid on it' as it were. It's because we're playing so well that I'm worried a bad result is on the horizon.

..then again, I'd say the result at the Emirates was a bad result so perhaps that was our 'blip'

Look, Bolton are a £#%&!ing poor side...but, they've re-discovered that aggressive work rate of a few years ago (recent draws at Bayern Munich & West Ham)
It'll be a tough game, I just wish Rooney was playing & Saha was anything like fit & firing.
All fair enough.

I just think we seem to cope better than any team in the country when we're missing players or some aren't firing.

For Tevez's tiredness and Saha's lack of fitness, there's the freshness of Giggs, Anderson, Nani - all match winners.

I know what you mean, certainly can't take anything for granted. But games like this are always in United's hands, not Bolton's.

If we're up for it (and I'm sure we will be) and we play to our capabilities then we will win the game.

Not ideal preperation, but that's no excuse to not win the game.

Unread 19-11-2007, 01:58 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
For Tevez's tiredness and Saha's lack of fitness, there's the freshness of Giggs, Anderson, Nani - all match winners.

They can't win matches without forwards. Better hope Tevez is fine when he gets back, otherwise I think we'll struggle to break down Boltons bus in front of the goal.

Unread 19-11-2007, 02:00 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
They can't win matches without forwards. Better hope Tevez is fine when he gets back, otherwise I think we'll struggle to break down Boltons bus in front of the goal.
There will be forwards. They don't even need to be at the top of their game to create chances and openings.

Ronaldo is starting to hit form too.

I'm sure we'll be fine.

Unread 19-11-2007, 02:05 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
There will be forwards. They don't even need to be at the top of their game to create chances and openings.

Ronaldo is starting to hit form too.

I'm sure we'll be fine.
I'm not sure personally. Meggo Megson has them playing a bit more Big Sammish and if Tevez is knackered I think we might struggle to score.

Unread 19-11-2007, 02:58 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
I'm not sure personally. Meggo Megson has them playing a bit more Big Sammish and if Tevez is knackered I think we might struggle to score.
We'll score at least 2.

Unread 19-11-2007, 03:09 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
We'll score at least 2.
If Tevez is Ok I would tend to agree.

Unread 19-11-2007, 03:20 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
If Tevez is Ok I would tend to agree.

He'll be ok.

He's a tough nut. Even if he's a little sluggish, he'll still be present and accounted for and will still cause problems and occupy defenders.

Worry ye not, my friend.

Carlos and co will be there and be too strong for a Bolton side who look ever so slightly better under Megson.

Unread 19-11-2007, 03:24 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
He'll be ok.

He's a tough nut. Even if he's a little sluggish, he'll still be present and accounted for and will still cause problems and occupy defenders.

Worry ye not, my friend.

Carlos and co will be there and be too strong for a Bolton side who look ever so slightly better under Megson.
We need Saha to get his arse on the pitch too by the way. My real worry ios that running Carlos into the ground like this could have a long term effect. If he gets an injury due to fatigue, we're gonna be in trouble.

Unread 19-11-2007, 03:31 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
We need Saha to get his arse on the pitch too by the way. My real worry ios that running Carlos into the ground like this could have a long term effect. If he gets an injury due to fatigue, we're gonna be in trouble.
Well, he was there last week.

I'm sure Tevez will get a rest at some point, he should be ok for now, tough. Fergie seems determined to have Saha fit for the latter stage of the season where I expect we'll see a lot more rotation up front once every player is settled and familiar with the style of play and the other players.

Everytime Saha has another set bacK, Fergie emphasises how they aren't prepared to risk him for the latter stage of the season. Almost as if to say he's prepared to miss him now rather than later.

You can see that Fergie places a lot of trust in the front players ability to work well together. This can only come with games though and I think Fergie wants everyone on that level towards the end of the season so that he can rotate and know that everyone is on the same page.

Or something like that.

Ofcourse, you never know with Saha, but last week gave him something to build on.

Apart from the fact that he is Louis Saha, there's no reason he won't play on Saturday.

Unread 19-11-2007, 03:33 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

Apart from the fact that he is Louis Saha, there's no reason he won't play on Saturday.
Sadly that's a pretty big reason.
Closed Thread