United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: why don’t you want the Qataris?
because nation states shouldn’t own football clubs 26 76.47%
a nation state should not own a football club if it doesnt share my values 3 8.82%
they are too rich and it’s not fair on everyone else 1 2.94%
city did it first 0 0%
they are not from Failsworth 3 8.82%
because poster (insert name) wants them to own us 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 17-06-2023, 10:20 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
What's the point in financial rules if clubs can break them without consequence?

And interesting that you don't feel paying money under the table to players and managers constitutes as cheating.
Like when we paid 7.5 million for Bebe so Ferguson and Mendes could claim money they were owed from Ronaldo’s transfer?

Is it “cheating”? Yeah probably. Does it matter or make any team better on the pitch? I’d say not.

What people forget is that football is business first and the football side is somewhere below.

Unread 17-06-2023, 10:33 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Some of us realised this 20 years ago, not much has changed since.
Yeah, like I said my dad has been saying it since the Galacticos era at Madrid. Did feel a bit rich when Perez was moaning about clubs having too much money a couple of years ago. I was a kid back then, enamoured with the game and didn’t know any better.

In all honesty I’d like the Glazers out first and foremost so whoever it is, be it Qatar or Big Jim™️, I hope they run the club properly and we get back to the top. I just think I’m slowly becoming disillusioned with it all in general - probably just getting older. Doesn’t feel as fun as it used to.

Unread 17-06-2023, 12:46 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Like when we paid 7.5 million for Bebe so Ferguson and Mendes could claim money they were owed from Ronaldo’s transfer?

Is it “cheating”? Yeah probably. Does it matter or make any team better on the pitch? I’d say not.

What people forget is that football is business first and the football side is somewhere below.
How the £#%&! was buying Bebe cheating?

Unread 17-06-2023, 12:53 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
It certainly left me feeling cheated

Unread 17-06-2023, 01:44 PM
pedr0

Quote:

united signing bebe and city systematically under reporting what they pay their staff and using sponsors and affiliates to funnel money into the club, are not the same thing.

I'm surprised that has to be pointed out

Unread 17-06-2023, 02:07 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Yeah, like I said my dad has been saying it since the Galacticos era at Madrid. Did feel a bit rich when Perez was moaning about clubs having too much money a couple of years ago. I was a kid back then, enamoured with the game and didn’t know any better.

In all honesty I’d like the Glazers out first and foremost so whoever it is, be it Qatar or Big Jim™️, I hope they run the club properly and we get back to the top. I just think I’m slowly becoming disillusioned with it all in general - probably just getting older. Doesn’t feel as fun as it used to.
Madrid can £#%&! right off. The way the Spanish league TV monies were slanted wildly in their (and Barca's) favour was the polar opposite to how Premiere league funds are divvied up. Plus the regular state aid they got means they havent got a leg to stand on. Moaning £#%&!s now there are more well funded clubs.

Although they do have a point.

£#%&!ing shite all of this....

Unread 17-06-2023, 03:26 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
It’s not, that was kind of my point.
Closed Thread