armchair

Shape and organisation has gone backwards

Unread 11-02-2022, 12:39 PM
dunk

Unread 11-02-2022, 12:40 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I know it’s easy with this bunch to assume they’re in the wrong about absolutely everything, but if you look at the specifics of what they’re saying it certainly aligns with what is being seen on the pitch.
The thing is though, as a lot of people above alluded to, any goodwill this group of players had from fans - which admittedly was next to £#%&! all after the last few years - has gone right out the window.

Even if there's validity in what they're allegedly moaning about, they'll get £#%&! all sympathy from fans. And rightly so. The vast majority of them have achieved the square root of £#%&! all in the game, so hows about a little bit of getting their heads down and just doing what the manager asks?

Unread 11-02-2022, 12:47 PM
ZiggyStardust

Forgive me if I don’t take what the players are reportedly saying at face value as there is very much the boy who cried wolf about their complaints

Anytime we have a poor run of form it’s always questioning the quality of training and coaching
I actually believed that shit once but not anymore

I think most people would question the mentality and quality of the players who seemingly struggle with executing the basics of football but that is apparently down to having a couple of yank coaches putting cones out

Would love to see 90% of this squad £#%&!ed off
Guaranteed most would do £#%&! all anywhere else as they’re not as good as they think they are or the salary the club have them on

Unread 11-02-2022, 12:48 PM
AK14

Sounds a could of bad apples leaking nonsense.

Hendo, Bailly, Lingard etc?

Unread 11-02-2022, 12:56 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
I know it’s easy with this bunch to assume they’re in the wrong about absolutely everything, but if you look at the specifics of what they’re saying it certainly aligns with what is being seen on the pitch.

There’s complaints that there’s an emphasis on 11 v 11 games, rather than skill-specific drills to hone sharpness. And all of a sudden we can’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo.
Well maybe they could stay behind and practice if that’s the case? Grown men waiting for instruction at every turn and moaning like bitches.

Unread 11-02-2022, 12:58 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Well i'm shocked at this. Bringing in a blunt, frank-speaking German bloke who's not managed in a decade to oversee this bunch of spoiled children.

We should probably just do away with the idea of a manager or coach and just let the players manage themselves. Let them turn up for training, if they feel like it of course, play whatever way they like for as long as they like and then let them pop back home to their mansions.

On matchdays instead of team meetings and pre match meals they could have an hour's TikToking and maybe rehearse whatever dance moves they're going to do, should they score a goal. Then, before kick off, instead of a pre match warm up they could just spend 20 mins or so pre loading all that evenings apology tweets so they're ready to go out the minute the final whistle goes.

Someone forward this onto big Richie Arnold, I think it could be a goer.
We tried that under Ole. It didn't work.

Unread 11-02-2022, 01:00 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
The thing is though, as a lot of people above alluded to, any goodwill this group of players had from fans - which admittedly was next to £#%&! all after the last few years - has gone right out the window.

Even if there's validity in what they're allegedly moaning about, they'll get £#%&! all sympathy from fans. And rightly so. The vast majority of them have achieved the square root of £#%&! all in the game, so hows about a little bit of getting their heads down and just doing what the manager asks?
I get that, but for me it’s not about extending goodwill to the players, I’m really not too arsed about them at this point. I just see it in terms of whether Rangnick is the right man to take us forward, and given some of his questionable decisions I’m very much on the fence with that one.

Unread 11-02-2022, 01:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
I get that, but for me it’s not about extending goodwill to the players, I’m really not too arsed about them at this point. I just see it in terms of whether Rangnick is the right man to take us forward, and given some of his questionable decisions I’m very much on the fence with that one.
Agreed on Rangnick, but this is the problem when changing a manager mid season with no actual plan. This is why I was all for giving Ole the season, until Watford.

Unread 11-02-2022, 01:08 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Fair enough but his job isn't to take us forward, it's to stop us sinking too far back. I think we're all satisfied he's not the bloke to take us forward, but that's coming, hopefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Agreed on Rangnick, but this is the problem when changing a manager mid season with no actual plan. This is why I was all for giving Ole the season, until Watford.
Was Liverpool £#%&!ed it for me. There's no coming back from that.

Unread 11-02-2022, 01:10 PM
Ethers

If he gets top 4, I 100% expect him to be given the job anyway because it’s the easy option

Unread 11-02-2022, 01:17 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Same. But then I'm not even sure if there is any 'right man' to take us forward. Ole, Mou, LVG, Ralf. It doesn't matter. Same shit, different manager.

I said wholesale changes would be needed when Ole was in charge, but I'm starting to think not even that would make a difference. The whole culture of the club from the top down is toxic, and it's rotting the club.

I like the thought of ETH, but at the same time I'm harbouring massive doubts that even if he came in, that he'd be able to do anything more than the previous 4 guys that have given it a go. I reckon it's more likely that after a few months the same complaints will be coming up all over again.

As much as I think the players deserve the majority of the blame, I've no doubts that they've been destroyed by the club. That when players come into the club or the first team they are stripped of any real individualism, they are told what to say and when to say it, how they should create and cultivate their own 'brand', transforming them from passionate young men who love playing the game of football, into selfish PR parasites that are only there to squeeze as much money from their fan base as possible and generate the club as much commerical revenue as they possibly can.

Trickle-down Parasitic @#%&!ism.

Unread 11-02-2022, 01:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I didn't actually see the Watford game thankfully. But the Liverpool game didn't exactly look like a team raging against the dying of the light. Elements of fight were one wild shot while it was still 0-0, and an actually pretty decent goal ruled out for an imperceptible offside when it was, erm, 0-5. Anyway all done now.
They were still pressing and trying to force it tbf, just massively undermined by the absolute #@&%!s at the back.

Unread 11-02-2022, 01:22 PM
jem

Quote:
If he gets top 4, I 100% expect him to be given the job anyway because it’s the easy option
lol.

Unread 11-02-2022, 02:02 PM
dunk

The new training shirt/sponsor combo looks a bit like Ajax imo.

Step in the right direction, or on ETH’s orders

Unread 14-02-2022, 03:06 PM
dunk

Getting back to Moscow I imagine

That’s shocking tbf. I think City have won all 20-odd games they’ve taken the lead in this season.

Interesting..

Unread 14-02-2022, 03:20 PM
Ronny

Imagine what he would be saying if he had been given the defensive mid fielder he asked for when he arrived.

Unread 14-02-2022, 03:28 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Same. But then I'm not even sure if there is any 'right man' to take us forward. Ole, Mou, LVG, Ralf. It doesn't matter. Same shit, different manager.

I said wholesale changes would be needed when Ole was in charge, but I'm starting to think not even that would make a difference. The whole culture of the club from the top down is toxic, and it's rotting the club.

I like the thought of ETH, but at the same time I'm harbouring massive doubts that even if he came in, that he'd be able to do anything more than the previous 4 guys that have given it a go. I reckon it's more likely that after a few months the same complaints will be coming up all over again.

As much as I think the players deserve the majority of the blame, I've no doubts that they've been destroyed by the club. That when players come into the club or the first team they are stripped of any real individualism, they are told what to say and when to say it, how they should create and cultivate their own 'brand', transforming them from passionate young men who love playing the game of football, into selfish PR parasites that are only there to squeeze as much money from their fan base as possible and generate the club as much commerical revenue as they possibly can.

Trickle-down Parasitic @#%&!ism.

... and lest we forget built on and enabled by the fight from within

Unread 14-02-2022, 03:36 PM
Pop

Spanish press are today claiming there is zero relationship between him and Ronaldo.
Closed Thread