United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 04-05-2024, 01:46 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
whole heartedly agree with this.. misty eyed £#%&!ers saying ‘oooh he’s not got the squad’ forgetting this man couldn’t motivate a shit to fall out of a pissheads arse after a curry
Literally any manager will do better with better players. The best managers make teams better than the sum of their parts. Under ETH we’re going to need the best players money can buy because it will mitigate awful tactics and leadership somewhat.

Unread 04-05-2024, 04:57 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
Yepppp

Usually the cycle includes conspiracy theories about how everyone like the fa, refs etc are out to get us on Thurs/Friday then reality wil set about 20 minutes into the weekend game…
He's a great manager when we're not playing.

Unread 04-05-2024, 05:06 AM
croady26

Interview has saved him,think it's a huge mistake by INEOS but it's on their heads

Unread 04-05-2024, 08:07 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
Literally any manager will do better with better players.
moyes?

all that the inners have produced is excuses and the suggestion that there is no one else. probably their morning mantra in front of the mirror.

not one green shoot.

Unread 04-05-2024, 09:14 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
moyes?

Even Moyes.

Unread 04-05-2024, 07:19 PM
BigRonManager

I’ve changed my mind. I want him to stay and I hope they even extend his contract. Not because I think he’s the right man, I really don’t know, but I realized this morning that I really don’t give a £#%&! anymore. Football is dead and I don’t know what i’m clinging on to, but any remnant of interest is more in our poisonous players not winning another round of dash to the bottom than in seeing another manager punished.

Found myself watching the start of the City game and about 20 minutes in was like “what the £#%&! are you doing?” If I can’t find a better use of time than chasing nostalgia that no longer exists then shame on me. If the great years we were part of is all there ever is then so be it; we haven’t done badly.

Unread 04-05-2024, 07:51 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager View Post
I’ve changed my mind. I want him to stay and I hope they even extend his contract. Not because I think he’s the right man, I really don’t know, but I realized this morning that I really don’t give a £#%&! anymore. Football is dead and I don’t know what i’m clinging on to, but any remnant of interest is more in our poisonous players not winning another round of dash to the bottom than in seeing another manager punished.

Found myself watching the start of the City game and about 20 minutes in was like “what the £#%&! are you doing?” If I can’t find a better use of time than chasing nostalgia that no longer exists then shame on me. If the great years we were part of is all there ever is then so be it; we haven’t done badly.
You ok hun? Xx

Ps been there a while but can’t give it up

Unread 04-05-2024, 07:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26
Interview has saved him,think it's a huge mistake by INEOS but it's on their heads
You're crazy if you think a tv interview will have any bearing on what INEOS do next.

Ratcliffe is a ruthless businessman who has just invested 1.3b in something, he isn't going to be swayed by a poxy sit down chat with gary neville.

Unread 04-05-2024, 08:00 PM
75Red

Thumbs up

Quote:

This is me most of the time, cba with any of it. The game in general and United. But then comes match day and I realise I can't seem to give this club up.

Unread 04-05-2024, 09:15 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
You're crazy if you think a tv interview will have any bearing on what INEOS do next.

Ratcliffe is a ruthless businessman who has just invested 1.3b in something, he isn't going to be swayed by a poxy sit down chat with gary neville.
Hope you are right

Unread 04-05-2024, 09:40 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

This.

Whatever is going to happen has already been decided.

Unread 04-05-2024, 09:56 PM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
You ok hun? Xx

Ps been there a while but can’t give it up
Get it, but really how much of it is simply because it’s what we’ve always done? Habit of a lifetime I suppose. I don’t feel an attachment to any of them. The only similarity between these people and Martin Buchan, Bryan Robson and Eric Cantona is the badge they wear, and even that isn’t the £#%&!ing same.

It’s like watching 11 inferior imposters running around a familiar pitch in familiar colours. £#%&! ‘em.

Unread 04-05-2024, 10:01 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Get it, but really how much of it is simply because it’s what we’ve always done? Habit of a lifetime I suppose. I don’t feel an attachment to any of them. The only similarity between these people and Martin Buchan, Bryan Robson and Eric Cantona is the badge they wear, and even that isn’t the £#%&!ing same.

It’s like watching 11 inferior imposters running around a familiar pitch in familiar colours. £#%&! ‘em.
Probably because that’s exactly what it is.

Unread 05-05-2024, 10:10 AM
marlo

Unread 05-05-2024, 10:21 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
This.

Whatever is going to happen has already been decided.
I hope it hasn't. I'd like to think they would really take their time analysing the whole situation and doing proper due diligence on any contenders. The last thing we need is another shit show for the sake of change.

Proper planning takes time and careful consideration

Unread 05-05-2024, 10:31 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
Amazing miracle he worked there with that lot

Said no Everton fan ever

Unread 05-05-2024, 10:39 AM
believe

Didn't realise we had a 75 man squad

Unread 05-05-2024, 10:52 AM
magic_cantona