United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 18-12-2016, 12:58 AM
Tiberian

This run had been coming, it is why we should be confident of sustaining this form. The transfers have worked, added leadership and a spine to the team, Mourinho identified the right players, something I had no confidence in LVG ever doing.

Confident of top 4 now, might be too late for a title push, or not given the mediocrity of the opposition, but there could be some fun in the cups.

Unread 18-12-2016, 04:28 AM
Stickman

Thumbs up

Buzzing about United - absolutely buzzing

Unread 18-12-2016, 07:11 AM
dragflick

Decent day and night that. Bedtime.

Unread 18-12-2016, 07:41 AM
djsst

Quote:

Michael CarrickVerified account
‏@carras16
Our support today was brilliant... Jingle bells Jingle bells Jingle all the way!! 😜
Thank you 🙌🏼

Unread 18-12-2016, 02:18 PM
Tiberian

Thumbs up

Phil Jones, always thought he was a good player, but during this run of games the quality that is standing out is how calm and composed he has been. Not giving away fouls, passing the ball well, reading the game. Almost as if that year out matured him into the player we all hoped he would become.

Unread 18-12-2016, 03:34 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Phil Jones, always thought he was a good player, but during this run of games the quality that is standing out is how calm and composed he has been. Not giving away fouls, passing the ball well, reading the game. Almost as if that year out matured him into the player we all hoped he would become.
Seems to have stopped gurning as much - his improvement and his lack of gurning must be related in some way?

Unread 18-12-2016, 03:37 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Seems to have stopped gurning as much - his improvement and his lack of gurning must be related in some way?
got very agitated by the girly slap on Rojo...

Unread 18-12-2016, 03:56 PM
Neo

Football

Jones has always been a solid defender, and his errors have been rare and excessively criticised, largely because, I presume, the Opta Joe blogging generation seem to think they know the art of defending is all about playing out from the back and distribution, whereas Jones is an old-school centre half who actually puts defending first.

This is also why he will continue to improve under Mourinho, who has one of the best track records of any manager around in building solid defences out of proper defenders. The same goes for Rojo, who I still think is a liability, but has imporoved significantly recently.

Jones just needs to stay fit, and if he does, he'll be our most important defender this season with Bailly going to the African Cup of Nations.

Unread 18-12-2016, 05:33 PM
red in cumbria

Jones is surely in the last chance saloon given his (until recently) seemingly incessant injuries. But he is making a good job of it so far

Unread 18-12-2016, 05:36 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Jones has always been a solid defender, and his errors have been rare and excessively criticised, largely because, I presume, the Opta Joe blogging generation seem to think they know the art of defending is all about playing out from the back and distribution, whereas Jones is an old-school centre half who actually puts defending first.

This is also why he will continue to improve under Mourinho, who has one of the best track records of any manager around in building solid defences out of proper defenders. The same goes for Rojo, who I still think is a liability, but has imporoved significantly recently.

Jones just needs to stay fit, and if he does, he'll be our most important defender this season with Bailly going to the African Cup of Nations.
yup. still remember his performance in the 0-3 at newcastle.

Unread 18-12-2016, 05:41 PM
red in cumbria

Wow, even Sparky might hesitate to still hold a single performance several seasons ago against him

Unread 18-12-2016, 05:45 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Moyes needs some serious abuse on Boxing Day
"thank you for fellaini
the goals he's scoring
thanks for all the not being boring
without advice from jagz where are we?
so I say thank you moyesie
for bringing fellaini."

Unread 18-12-2016, 05:56 PM
no fun

What's that new cum on feel the noise/ guardiola song ?

Unread 18-12-2016, 05:58 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
What's that new cum on feel the noise/ guardiola song ?
Bit shit tbh.

'So £#%&! off Guardiola,
your trophy days are over,
at the council house...
at the council house...'

Unread 18-12-2016, 06:01 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Bit shit tbh.

'So £#%&! off Guardiola,
at the council house...
at the council house...'
Bit premature

Sorry I asked now

Unread 18-12-2016, 06:06 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Bit shit tbh.

'So £#%&! off Guardiola,
at the council house...
at the council house...'
that's terrible, but a bit better than i thought it was. was pretty sure the second line was "you're gonna get ebola" when i heard it on tv last night

Unread 18-12-2016, 06:07 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Bit premature

Sorry I asked now
Yeah, it's a strange one considering they're above us in the league, and still in the champions league. But there you go. Other than that, support and song replies to some of West Brom's shite was excellent yesterday. They sang god save the queen at one point as a reply to 'world champions twice'

sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
that's terrible, but a bit better than i thought it was. was pretty sure the second line was "you're gonna get ebola" when i heard it on tv last night

dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
ffs I prefer your version tbh.

Unread 18-12-2016, 06:08 PM
no fun

Quote:
Yeah, it's a strange one considering they're above us in the league, and still in the champions league. But there you go. Other than that, support and song replies to some of West Brom's shite was excellent yesterday. They sang god save the queen at one point as a reply to 'world champions twice'
Yea heard that

Imagine James McLean was delighted