United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-05-2008, 08:20 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Team v Chelsea - The Official CL Final Team Thread.

I know this might seem a bit previous, I normally wait 'til the day of the game for midweeks. This being such a huge game and there being a fair few half days etc going on tomorrow thought i'd do it today. anyway i'm going with this:-

VDS
Wes
Rio
Vidic
Senegalese Superman
Carrick
Scholes
The Cougar
Ronnie
Tevez
Rooney

Don't ask me about subs, i'm really struggling with that. Obviously Giggs has to be there along with Krusty and despite having done £#%&! all Saha would also have to be. That aside, there's lot of players to squeeze into 4 remaining shirts.

Unread 20-05-2008, 08:26 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I know this might seem a bit previous, I normally wait 'til the day of the game for midweeks. This being such a huge game and there being a fair few half days etc going on tomorrow thought i'd do it today. anyway i'm going with this:-

VDS
Wes
Rio
Vidic
Senegalese Superman
Carrick
Scholes
The Cougar
Ronnie
Tevez
Rooney

Don't ask me about subs, i'm really struggling with that. Obviously Giggs has to be there along with Krusty and despite having done £#%&! all Saha would also have to be. That aside, there's lot of players to squeeze into 4 remaining shirts.
That is the team I would pick, but, as has been pointed out before, that team has never started together, so I think it will be Park in for Tevez.

Subs
PIG
O'Shea
Fletcher
Saha
Tevez
Anderson
Giggs

Nani can miss out for that pathetic headbutt, Silvestre, Neville don't deserve a place based on their appearances thus far, Pique is £#%&!ing off, so can £#%&! off.

Unread 20-05-2008, 08:28 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Subs

O'Shea
[SIZE="7"]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Unread 20-05-2008, 08:31 AM
Harri Jaffa

I think it'll be Mr Jablonsky's team - Tevez + Park

The main reason is so that Fergie can change it around if he needs to.

Unread 20-05-2008, 08:33 AM
dunk

Quote:
[SIZE="7"]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Flexibility being the key, he also has the happy knack of scoring timely goals

Who would you put in his stead?

Unread 20-05-2008, 08:34 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:

VDS
Wes
Rio
Vidic
Senegalese Superman
Carrick
Scholes
The Cougar
Ronnie
Tevez
Rooney

I'd be happy with that - one question though; you have three center mids, two strikers and only one winger - who would play as the other winger?

Unread 20-05-2008, 08:36 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
I think it'll be Mr Jablonsky's team - Tevez + Park

The main reason is so that Fergie can change it around if he needs to.
You may be righ but i don't think Park's done anything in recent games to deserve a place. He's worked hard as always but he's looked a bit week and has lost the ball under pressure. I'd much rather have Tevez and Ronnie getting support to Rooney, he gets isolated when Park plays and The Cougar providing energy and bite in midfield, also I'd play him further forwarrd to pressure Makelele who's fairly immobile these days. As to options to change, I think Giggs and Saha would provide this.

Unread 20-05-2008, 08:37 AM
hopkins

I think Fergoz will go for

VDS

Brown
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra

Scholes
Carrick
Hargreaves
Park
Rooney

Ronaldo

PiG, O'Shea, Tweety, Giggs, Fletcher, Saha and Tevez on the bench

Unread 20-05-2008, 08:39 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
I'd be happy with that - one question though; you have three center mids, two strikers and only one winger - who would play as the other winger?
I don't accept that we really play like that, as a 4-4-2, these days anyway. It's not like Ronnie plays as an orthodox winger anyway, you could argue we actually play with no wingers. I'd have a fluid front 3 and give The Cougar license to get forward in wide positions too.

Unread 20-05-2008, 08:43 AM
MUFC One Love

I think it will be Park for Tevez and it will be a strict 5. We'll be playing right into Chelseas hand if we play like that imo.

I like Park and he offers some proection, but if you're playing 3 midfielders who aren't really going to get forward (Hargreaves, Scholes and Carrick) then you don't need one of our attackers as a 'protector' type of player, the front 3 should all be attackers who can make things happen, Park isn't really that sort of player, where as Tevez/Giggs/Nani would be. So with Park and 3 midfielders who won't get forward you end up having 4 people 'protecting' and that then Ronaldo and Rooney left to do it themselves, and without the service it's twice as hard for them, especially to find space etc.

So if it's gonna be Hargreves, Scholes and Carrick we need another outlet up front to make it a strong front 3 imo.

Unread 20-05-2008, 08:48 AM
antonin jablonsky

Surely if park is gonna play it'll be The Cougar dropped? That's what we did at Wigan? I wouldn't by the way but a team with 3those 3 midfielders plus park would seem, to me at least, crazily negative and designed to negate our own attacking ability??

Unread 20-05-2008, 08:52 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:

VDS
Wes
Rio
Vidic
Senegalese Superman
Carrick
Scholes
The Cougar
Ronnie
Tevez
Rooney

I like that team but it's also liable to leave a huge gap in between midfield and the front three imo.

I reckon he'll play park. But I have no idea if he'll go for two in the miggle or three. If he goes for two I will be shitting my pants.

Unread 20-05-2008, 08:53 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Surely if park is gonna play it'll be The Cougar dropped? That's what we did at Wigan? I wouldn't by the way but a team with 3those 3 midfielders plus park would seem, to me at least, crazily negative and designed to negate our own attacking ability??
Can't see him playing only 2 central midfielders.

I think he is going to go for all 3 for the protection. I have my doubts about them 3 as a midfield 3, they lack something especially pressuring hight up the pitch but I'd probably play them in this match tbh.

If you have 3 good outlets up front who will get at Chelsea then we'll create more chances, if Park is one of them we'll struggle to create with only Rooney and Ronaldo.

Unread 20-05-2008, 08:55 AM
BarryX

Think that Tevez will be rewarded for his efforts this year with a place in the starting line up.

Usual back 5.

Park Scholes Carrick Ronaldo
Tevez Rooney

Subs:
PiG, Oshea, Hargreaves, Fletcher, Giggs, Anderson, Wellbeck.

Unread 20-05-2008, 08:56 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
You may be righ but i don't think Park's done anything in recent games to deserve a place. He's worked hard as always but he's looked a bit week and has lost the ball under pressure. I'd much rather have Tevez and Ronnie getting support to Rooney, he gets isolated when Park plays and The Cougar providing energy and bite in midfield, also I'd play him further forwarrd to pressure Makelele who's fairly immobile these days. As to options to change, I think Giggs and Saha would provide this.
I agree completly

Won't happen though

I do worry about not having a striker on the bench

Unread 20-05-2008, 08:57 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Can't see him playing only 2 central midfielders.

I think he is going to go for all 3 for the protection. I have my doubts about them 3 as a midfield 3, they lack something especially pressuring hight up the pitch but I'd probably play them in this match tbh.

If you have 3 good outlets up front who will get at Chelsea then we'll create more chances, if Park is one of them we'll struggle to create with only Rooney and Ronaldo.
I just don't see him selecting a 3 man midfield, then dropping one of his forwards, just don't.

Fuzzster, it might leave a gap, though not as big as if Park plays ahead of Tevez with that midfield, might as well just accept we are only defending. I think though that with his pace and energy, Hargo can get forward in support and also give some freedonm for the other 2 to do so at times. Not sure of your point about that 3's inability to pressure further up the pitch, Hargo is superrb at this.

Unread 20-05-2008, 08:57 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
I agree completly

Won't happen though

I do worry about not having a striker on the bench
I'd have Saha on the bench.

Unread 20-05-2008, 08:59 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
I just don't see him selecting a 3 man midfield, then dropping one of his forwards, just don't.

Fuzzster, it might leave a gap, though not as big as if Park plays ahead of Tevez with that midfield, might as well just accept we are only defending. I think though that with his pace and energy, Hargo can get forward in support and also give some freedonm for the other 2 to do so at times.
If he starts Hargo Scholes Carrick and Park then he'll be shooting himself in the foot before the game even starts. That would be imo a horrible line up for such a game.

I just don't see him starting Tevez though.

Unread 20-05-2008, 09:00 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
Think that Tevez will be rewarded for his efforts this year with a place in the starting line up.

Usual back 5.

Park Scholes Carrick Ronaldo
Tevez Rooney

Subs:
PiG, Oshea, Hargreaves, Fletcher, Giggs, Anderson, Wellbeck.
The Wigan lineup, wouldn't particularly surprise me. My worry would be how easily Wigan got through our midfield that day, Park being particularly anonymous. Given that midfield is Chelsea's big strength I'd want a better matchupo here. I don't see any benefits P{rk brings that Hargo can't match and think Hargo also does many things much better than Park.

Unread 20-05-2008, 09:00 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:

Fuzzster, it might leave a gap, though not as big as if Park plays ahead of Tevez with that midfield, might as well just accept we are only defending. I think though that with his pace and energy, Hargo can get forward in support and also give some freedonm for the other 2 to do so at times. Not sure of your point about that 3's inability to pressure further up the pitch, Hargo is superrb at this.
Park would be counted as a 'forward', though. That's what I mean by the 'protection' 'cos we know Park isn't really a forward but will play that position but also 'protect'. We need 3 players who will get at Chelsea in attack if we're going with Hargreaves, Scholes and Carrick in the middle.

Chelsea's best chance of scoring is off a set piece or a long ball, so playing really cautious and making the game tight will play into their hands.
Closed Thread