Unread 24-10-2014, 07:45 AM
ZiggyStardust

De Gea
Rafael-Jones-Rojo-Shaw
Carrick
Herrera-Blind
Di Maria
RvP Falcao

I think we can get away with playing that narrow diamond formation in this game as Chelsea's full backs aren't that big a threat going forwards
However we need more support for Blind in midfield so if he is in good shape then I'd start Carrick (but I don't think LvG will given he hasn't even had a pre-season)

I'd give RvP one last chance to hold his place in the side before Rooney is available again for City away

Unread 24-10-2014, 07:46 AM
Lok

DDG

Rafael---Jones---Rojo---Shaw

Valencia---Blind---Herrera

Di Maria------Mata

Falaco

Unread 24-10-2014, 08:05 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

De Gea
Rafael-Jones-Rojo-Shaw
Carrick
Herrera-Blind
Di Maria
RvP Falcao

I think we can get away with playing that narrow diamond formation in this game as Chelsea's full backs aren't that big a threat going forwards
However we need more support for Blind in midfield so if he is in good shape then I'd start Carrick (but I don't think LvG will given he hasn't even had a pre-season)

I'd give RvP one last chance to hold his place in the side before Rooney is available again for City away
Doesn't matter, I still don't want to see Rafael 1v1 against Hazard all game.

& if there's no one to play ahead of him to help push Hazard into more defensive responsibility it's opening up that side of the pitch to abuse.

We've had a decent amount of success vs Chelsea playing 4-4-2, being narrow out of possession & allowing Ivanovic to be the out ball, & looking at this Chelsea side he's about the only player you'd really want to give it to... the rest are quite £#%&!ing good.

Our biggest saving grace, I hope... is Costa & Remy being out, & Drogba being old & slow. The higher line & hopefully a fitter Ander Herrera will help control the middle better. I'd be more tempted to go 4-5-1 / 4-1-4-1....

-------------------------De Gea------------------------

Rafael-------Jones----------Rojo------------Shaw

-----------------------Carrick---------------------------

Valencia----Ander Herrera---Blind---Di Maria

----------------------Falcao-----------------------------

Start £#%&!ing fast.

Unread 24-10-2014, 08:05 AM
HotChip

Dave

Raf
Jones
Rojo
Shaw

Blind
Herrearaa

Mata
Angel

Fellers

Falcao

Unread 24-10-2014, 08:09 AM
S/Side.Red

I'd go for the first two sides in that diamond system.

Bit more cautious in midfield than I'd usually care for, but Chelsea is another biscuit

Unread 24-10-2014, 08:10 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Wouldn't mind Valencia playing, thought he did well against Everton.

Unread 24-10-2014, 08:11 AM
The Return of JC

Just reading lawro's prediction for the weekend and came across this:

'if it was not for their goalkeeper David de Gea, United probably would not have come away from The Hawthorns with anything, which does not bode well for the visit of Chelsea'

didn't West Brom hit the target twice and score twice? de gea made literally no saves

slating Rafael too. who has been our most consistent player over the last three matches.

Unread 24-10-2014, 08:12 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC

'if it was not for their goalkeeper David de Gea, United probably would not have come away from The Hawthorns with anything, which does not bode well for the visit of Chelsea'

didn't West Brom hit the target twice and score twice? de gea made literally no saves

What a piss stained mess that @#%&! is :shakehead:

Unread 24-10-2014, 08:12 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:

didn't watch! lol

Unread 24-10-2014, 08:14 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex

didn't watch! lol
yep. clearly didn't watch it. It's unbelievably lazy journalism. just little clichés and current generalisations: united are shit at the back, Rafael is suspect. He also goes on to say that united can score ok and will fly at Chelsea. ...and then predicts 0-1.

bear in mind this is only about two paragraphs, the £#%&!ing weapon !

Unread 24-10-2014, 08:14 AM
vangaalsbigballs

Quote:

slating Rafael too. who has been our most consistent player over the last three matches.
He has made 3 terrible mistakes too tbh and lost his head completely after his mistakes against leicester and west brom.

Unread 24-10-2014, 08:18 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vangaalsbigballs
He has made 3 terrible mistakes too tbh and lost his head completely after his mistakes against leicester and west brom.

Unread 24-10-2014, 08:18 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
he was at fault for West brom's as much as rojo. He did lose his way a little after tjat, but kept coming back for more and played his part in our equaliser.

He was our best player against West ham and not far behind de gea against everton.

and I said the last three games

he does still make mistakes, but he's a scapegoat in the sense that most of his good work is either ignored or acknowledged through gritted teeth by the outside world.

generally, he's been very good the last few games. but it's just not fashionable to say that.

Unread 24-10-2014, 08:21 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Can't see Carrick starting, surprised he didnt get a run out on Monday

DDG

Rafael
Jones
Rojo
Shaw

Blind
Herrera
Felliani

Di Maria
Falcao
Mata

Unread 24-10-2014, 08:21 AM
The Watcher

DDG

Rafael
Jones
Rojo
Shaw

Carrick
Herrera
Blind

Valencia
Di Maria
Falcao

433. Bodies in midfield with Herrera playing furthest forward. Quick, hard working and skillfull front three. Attacking fullbacks.

Unread 24-10-2014, 08:25 AM
The Return of JC

Carrick won't start. lvg is a big one for march practice.

fellaini is a much more likely starter and, tbf, probably deserves it after Monday.

I think falcao will be back.

De gea

Rafael
Jones
Rojo
Shaw

Blind
Herrera
fellaini

di Maria
van persie
falcao

Unread 24-10-2014, 08:27 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Doesn't matter, I still don't want to see Rafael 1v1 against Hazard all game.

& if there's no one to play ahead of him to help push Hazard into more defensive responsibility it's opening up that side of the pitch to abuse.

We've had a decent amount of success vs Chelsea playing 4-4-2, being narrow out of possession & allowing Ivanovic to be the out ball, & looking at this Chelsea side he's about the only player you'd really want to give it to... the rest are quite £#%&!ing good.

Our biggest saving grace, I hope... is Costa & Remy being out, & Drogba being old & slow. The higher line & hopefully a fitter Ander Herrera will help control the middle better. I'd be more tempted to go 4-5-1 / 4-1-4-1....

-------------------------De Gea------------------------

Rafael-------Jones----------Rojo------------Shaw

-----------------------Carrick---------------------------

Valencia----Ander Herrera---Blind---Di Maria

----------------------Falcao-----------------------------

Start £#%&!ing fast.
Is Valencia fit? I thought he'd done a hamstring?

I think the diamond can help cover wide areas, but yeah I want to see us push up. Get Rafa snapping into Hazard on the halfway line. Presumably it will be Schurle up front on his own? Do they still do that? Either way with Rafa and Herrera on Hazard I hope we can push up and deal with them pace wise.

Unread 24-10-2014, 08:29 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
DDG

Rafael
Jones
Rojo
Shaw

Carrick
Herrera
Blind

Valencia
Di Maria
Falcao

433. Bodies in midfield with Herrera playing furthest forward. Quick, hard working and skillfull front three. Attacking fullbacks.
Did you just bad rep me for putting Felliani in? If he starts you owe me some green you #@&%!

Unread 24-10-2014, 08:30 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Mistake of getting fouled and then being behind a player who dived?
Closed Thread