United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Dueling Banjos

Default Re: Nanners

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
How come the tackle missed the shinpad? The cut's halfway down his shin, not just below the knee.
Because it started just below the knee and dragged down his shin pushing the shinpad down too.

Unread 07-03-2011, 11:26 AM
The Return of JC

Thumbs up Re: Nanners

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
the injury is a horrible one and anybody having a go at nani for his behaviour should have a long look at themselves. there's plenty of supposed supporters who can't wait for any excuse to have a pop at our own players, it's embarrassing at times.

the sight of the actual injury was completely unnecessary for dowd to do his job, of course. he wasn't unsighted, carragher went over the ball with a straight leg and studs up, it should have been the easiest decision for any referee. the tackle was a potential leg breaker and dowd failed in his most basic duty of ensuring the safety of the players. he should be removed from the list for the season.

more generally, some of the tackles that have gone unpunished over the last few weeks have been shocking. carragher's and rodriguez's yesterday, caldwell's last week, not to mention some of the assorted body checks and stamps on the achilles (an ivanovic speciality) from chelsea. unfortunately it's easy for a referee to make a name for himself by 'standing up to' fergie and united while simultaneously playing up to the home crowd, especially when it concerns a player whose media stereotyping provides an excuse like nani the diver or rafael the hothead.
Brilliantly put, Borsuk.

Top man.

Unread 07-03-2011, 11:26 AM
n48

More was made of the skaus moron staying behind to apologise to Nani after the game.

Unread 07-03-2011, 11:30 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Brilliantly put, Borsuk.

Top man.
I actually had to read the match thread back, as I didn’t believe any ‘red’ would criticize Nani for having his leg sliced open

Unread 07-03-2011, 11:38 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I actually had to read the match thread back, as I didn’t believe any ‘red’ would criticize Nani for having his leg sliced open
My favourite was that a few even thought he was exagerrating to get off the pitch and end his bad day at the office.

Unread 07-03-2011, 11:41 AM
dunk

You would think they would've showed more gratitude to Nani considering he had just set up their 2nd goal.

Unread 07-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Cream

I know Vidic and Rio like a tug of a shirt, Brown likes to get ball and man and Rafael is clearly mental; but do any of our defenders go out of their way to methodically crop opposition players?

As Borsers said, Ivaonovic was a £#%&!ing snide disgrace, couldn't believe the ref didn't stamp on that early doors. Clueless @#%&!.

Unread 07-03-2011, 11:45 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
I know Vidic and Rio like a tug of a shirt, Brown likes to get ball and man and Rafael is clearly mental; but do any of our defenders go out of their way to methodically crop opposition players?

As Borsers said, Ivaonovic was a £#%&!ing snide disgrace, couldn't believe the ref didn't stamp on that early doors. Clueless @#%&!.
Don't forget Luiz, making Carvalho look like a saint.

Unread 07-03-2011, 11:48 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
My favourite was that a few even thought he was exagerrating to get off the pitch and end his bad day at the office.
Obviously. I mean, he’s gone ‘missing’ so often in games this season it’s only to be expected

Honestly, the quality of our ‘support’ is as good as the shite the players have served up recently.

Unread 07-03-2011, 12:25 PM
borsuk

fwiw nani shows a lot more of %@#$&!s than most of the side. like ronaldo, always wants the ball, doesn't shy away from going at defenders who the ref is allowing to kick him up in the air time and again and doesn't let his head drop these days either. £#%&! knows how many games he's played this season with valencia and park out, probably a fair few carrying knocks as well.

Unread 07-03-2011, 12:32 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
fwiw nani shows a lot more of %@#$&!s than most of the side. like ronaldo, always wants the ball, doesn't shy away from going at defenders who the ref is allowing to kick him up in the air time and again and doesn't let his head drop these days either. £#%&! knows how many games he's played this season with valencia and park out, probably a fair few carrying knocks as well.
True that pal.
Tbh the only ones who came out with much credit yesterday we're Nani [I know he £#%&!ed up but he was allways showing for the ball] Rafa for showing what Manchester United players should do when they're up against that shower of @#%&!s, and Chic for his movement and willingness to run in behind. The rest should hang their heads in shame.
And as for Rooney, a blue Scouse in a United shirt playing Liverpool at Anfield and he puts in a performance like that, I thought he was our worst player on the pitch given his ability, and yes I include Carrick in that.

God that feels better

Unread 07-03-2011, 12:33 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
the injury is a horrible one and anybody having a go at nani for his behaviour should have a long look at themselves. there's plenty of supposed supporters who can't wait for any excuse to have a pop at our own players, it's embarrassing at times.

the sight of the actual injury was completely unnecessary for dowd to do his job, of course. he wasn't unsighted, carragher went over the ball with a straight leg and studs up, it should have been the easiest decision for any referee. the tackle was a potential leg breaker and dowd failed in his most basic duty of ensuring the safety of the players. he should be removed from the list for the season.

more generally, some of the tackles that have gone unpunished over the last few weeks have been shocking. carragher's and rodriguez's yesterday, caldwell's last week, not to mention some of the assorted body checks and stamps on the achilles (an ivanovic speciality) from chelsea. unfortunately it's easy for a referee to make a name for himself by 'standing up to' fergie and united while simultaneously playing up to the home crowd, especially when it concerns a player whose media stereotyping provides an excuse like nani the diver or rafael the hothead.
Top, top post.

The question is - what can we actually DO about it?

Unread 07-03-2011, 12:34 PM
andyroo

Micah Richards clattering Big Clevers on Saturday wasn't too, er, big or clever either.

Unread 07-03-2011, 12:36 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
True that pal.
Tbh the only ones who came out with much credit yesterday we're Nani [I know he £#%&!ed up but he was allways showing for the ball] Rafa for showing what Manchester United players should do when they're up against that shower of @#%&!s, and Chic for his movement and willingness to run in behind. The rest should hang their heads in shame.
And as for Rooney, a blue Scouse in a United shirt playing Liverpool at Anfield and he puts in a performance like that, I thought he was our worst player on the pitch given his ability, and yes I include Carrick in that.

God that feels better
I thought Smalling and Berbatov were alright as well, in the circumstances.

Unread 07-03-2011, 12:36 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Top, top post.

The question is - what can we actually DO about it?
Kicking them back would be a good £#%&!ing start.

Read that @#%&! Gill was having a go at the Riley in the directors box at Anfield. Good on him, should have sparked the @#%&! out.

Unread 07-03-2011, 12:37 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Kicking them back would be a good £#%&!ing start.

Read that @#%&! Gill was having a go at the Riley in the directors box at Anfield. Good on him, should have sparked the @#%&! out.
Mike Riley? I though he was always biased towards United

Unread 07-03-2011, 12:46 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Mike Riley? I though he was always biased towards United
he's the refs gaffers now isn't he?

Unread 07-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Coracao

He'll be back well before Aurelio...

Unread 07-03-2011, 12:50 PM
armchair

player of the season imo. same people criticise him are the people used to wonder why ronnie took so many freekicks.

Unread 07-03-2011, 12:52 PM
red in cumbria

BTW, Graham Poll is apparently saying today that Carragher *should* have been sent off yesterday.

He's a tit alright, but at least he doesn't seem as caught up in the present ABU hysteria as most "pundits" currently are.
Closed Thread