Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
League - no chance

European cup - Lolz

FA cup - Maybe
£#%&! off

Unread 07-03-2011, 05:25 PM
jem

we can win the league relying on the mediocrity of others. to win either cup, we might actually need to play well.

my dream is a barca ec final with hargreaves fit.

Unread 07-03-2011, 07:01 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
that is bang on the money and well put. the problem is not the quality in the squad but the fact that players who are good enough are not producing. but try to suggest the team's failings are to do with anything other than failing to buy flavorinho del mese and it appears you think everything is hunky-dory, you suck glazer #@&%! etc etc.
So the problem isn't about quality in the squad but just that good players aren't producing? So just how long does a good player have to underperform for before we can reassess his quality? Not being funny but I'm pretty sure Carrick reached that particular nadir sometime ago. Fletcher has had only a handful of good games this season - as has Anderson. Before that, Anderson has been woeful. And Scholes, well God rest my soul for saying this, but he should only now be brought out for very special occasions when we are less reliant on the Svholes of old.

I don't think it needs major surgery, but we do need a decent proven leader running the midfield and getting the best out of the rest of the squad. Fletcher would be sound if he played alongside a quality player and to my mind, it's been obvious for quite a few years. People talk about the quality in the ranks and the experience of the oaps but we're not going to find the leader we need looking there this year or next. So yes, we probably do need to buy a Ronaldo Van Maradona and we've needed him for about 2 years.

Unread 07-03-2011, 07:09 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
So the problem isn't about quality in the squad but just that good players aren't producing? So just how long does a good player have to underperform for before we can reassess his quality? Not being funny but I'm pretty sure Carrick reached that particular nadir sometime ago. Fletcher has had only a handful of good games this season - as has Anderson. Before that, Anderson has been woeful. And Scholes, well God rest my soul for saying this, but he should only now be brought out for very special occasions when we are less reliant on the Svholes of old.

I don't think it needs major surgery, but we do need a decent proven leader running the midfield and getting the best out of the rest of the squad. Fletcher would be sound if he played alongside a quality player and to my mind, it's been obvious for quite a few years. People talk about the quality in the ranks and the experience of the oaps but we're not going to find the leader we need looking there this year or next. So yes, we probably do need to buy a Ronaldo Van Maradona and we've needed him for about 2 years.
"My name is Awesome"

Unread 07-03-2011, 07:13 PM
taff

united's 'blips' are pretty much perennial, it's just in the past we usually get them out of the way in the first half of the season.

i admit that now is a £#%&!ing bad time to have one, but until someone else can make a substantive challenge i'll reserve judgement on where the title's heading.

Unread 07-03-2011, 07:32 PM
jem

carrick has lost his bottle?

scholes's legs have gone?

is it 2009 already?

just revel in the exceeding expectationsness of it all. I know I am.

Unread 07-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Tumescent Throb

seems like people have been saying carrick's been shit for 2 years for 2 years now

if only there was an actual timeframe that we could all use, maybe one that ignores all the times when he hasn't actually been shit. come on now, surely he wasn't that bad at chelsea, for example, in that game, ooh when was it now, tuesday night last week - quite good actually, whisper it if you dare

i like the idea that fletcher could be good if he had someone good alongside him

this must be the same logic that saw carrick slated throughout his first, er, 2 years wasn't it, at united for passing to scholes most of the time

last time united were routinely talked about as probably not being all that shit by the revellers in wishful doomlordery of self-fulfilling prophecy type style was probably the 07/08 season when fletcher was used sparingly because he couldn't get in the side

Unread 07-03-2011, 07:46 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
seems like people have been saying carrick's been shit for 2 years for 2 years now

if only there was an actual timeframe that we could all use, maybe one that ignores all the times when he hasn't actually been shit. come on now, surely he wasn't that bad at chelsea, for example, in that game, ooh when was it now, tuesday night last week - quite good actually, whisper it if you dare

i like the idea that fletcher could be good if he had someone good alongside him

this must be the same logic that saw carrick slated throughout his first, er, 2 years wasn't it, at united for passing to scholes most of the time

last time united were routinely talked about as probably not being all that shit by the revellers in wishful doomlordery of self-fulfilling prophecy type style was probably the 07/08 season when fletcher was used sparingly because he couldn't get in the side
so you're saying carrick has been shit for 4 years and fletch has always been shit?

ok.

next you'll be telling us it's the glazers' fault.

Unread 07-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
united's 'blips' are pretty much perennial, it's just in the past we usually get them out of the way in the first half of the season.

i admit that now is a £#%&!ing bad time to have one, but until someone else can make a substantive challenge i'll reserve judgement on where the title's heading.
Off the top of my head, most seasons we have a shitty period normally around March.

I'm including the 90's in that as well.

Unread 08-03-2011, 12:15 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

not for the first time at anfield we lacked the attitude to compete. there's too many players who look too comfortable imo, we need to freshen up the squad for next season, get players in who are hungry and play like it matters to them.
This is hitting the nail on the head imo.

The squad seems to have stagnated and is just coasting. Who knows, get 1-2 hungry players in and a few of our current players may wake up.

We're desperate for a midfielder. I honestly think Parker would be a good signing for a decent price.

Unread 08-03-2011, 12:21 AM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Who knows, get 1-2 hungry players in and a few of our current players may wake up.
We tried this with bebe. Didn't work and he was £#%&!ing starving.

Unread 08-03-2011, 12:44 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
We tried this with bebe. Didn't work and he was £#%&!ing starving.
get james beattie in - that @#%&! looked hungry enough for everyone tonight. Him, Reid and Adam from Blackpool. The hungriest players i've ever seen, literally Richard.
Closed Thread