United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-03-2011, 08:18 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Tatton
Always enjoy watching this one. (yes i do know it wasn't at anfailed)

YouTube - Man United v Liverpool 1979 Replay - Greenhoff
probably the most violent away i have ever been to

ended up lay in a garden after my mate had responded to a 12 year old scouse "spotters" question of "have you got the time, la" by volleying him in the %@#$&!s

Unread 05-03-2011, 08:21 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
probably the most violent away i have ever been to

ended up lay in a garden after my mate had responded to a 12 year old scouse "spotters" question of "have you got the time, la" by volleying him in the %@#$&!s
who, you your mate or the murderer to be?

BTW it was very tasty round Maine rd after that game iirc

Unread 05-03-2011, 08:30 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedthemull
who, you your mate or the murderer to be?

BTW it was very tasty round Maine rd after that game iirc
4 of us had met in the royal oak (now maccie d's) at half five

coming out, we stuck together, and kept our gobs shut and heads down

about 100 yards from the car, we get sussed by a gang of about 30 mickeys on the other side of the road, who send this kid over who asked for the time, Im trying to do a passable scouse accent when one of the lads says " buy a watch you scouse @#%&!", kicks this kid in the %@#$&!s, then stamps on him

it was like the magic boomerang, time stood still

the scouse mob suddenly charged, we legged it, ended up jumping into this back garden, lying down and trying not to laugh at what I had just seen

gave it 10 minutes, all 4 of us got back to the car unscathed, but had a right go at the daft (irish) @#%&! who had booted the kid

Unread 05-03-2011, 08:51 PM
HarkNowHear

Im keeping quiet so they dont suss my accent.

Why I jibbed off at Edge Hill I do not know

Edit

@#%&!, just read your post

Unread 05-03-2011, 08:57 PM
HarkNowHear

Quote:
YouTube - liverpool v man united 1969/70

What's like to be outclassed
I dont remember playing in sticks for the scousers

Unread 05-03-2011, 10:57 PM
taff

suarez

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...roll-liverpool
Quote:
We know how important it is that Manchester United do not win the title. It would be a big prize to stop them winning the league.
£#%&!ing pathetic the way they think these days innit?

:shakehead:

Unread 05-03-2011, 11:02 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
I dont remember playing in sticks for the scousers

Unread 05-03-2011, 11:19 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
suarez

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...roll-liverpool

£#%&!ing pathetic the way they think these days innit?

:shakehead:
Well, at least we know what we are up against

Unread 06-03-2011, 09:20 AM
Stickman

Thumbs up

Arsenals slip up definitely makes the confidence grow a tad.

Unread 06-03-2011, 10:03 AM
Wellfarg

Quote:
YouTube - liverpool v man united 1969/70

What's like to be outclassed
3min 17sec on the vid. Is that Carlosartoria(l) ?

Unread 06-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

We will lose.

Unread 06-03-2011, 10:06 AM
BarryX

This always used to be the biggest fixture of the season for me. I remember as a lad, always, no matter what I was doing, having to watch, or invariably listen to the game on the radio - even as a 5 year old the importance of beating the scouse was somehow ingrained in my consciousness. Roll forward to this year and for some reason that feeling has all but died. Is it because we have finally pulled level with them ? Is it due to the emergence of other teams, with a billionaire owners, who are now a bigger threat ? The answer, I am afraid, is no.

The reason I don't care nearly as much as I used to, is down to the pure and simple fact that Liverpool Football Club is shit, these days, a total £#%&!ing shadow of what it used to be. They are so shit, in fact, that even if they were to beat us, I simply wouldn't be bothered like I used to be - rather I'd view it as a freak result for another team who view the fixture against Utd as their must win cup final. And whether we win, loose, or draw today, or even if we don't get number 19, one thing is clear - Liverpool FC have been firmly put in their place by Fergie's Utd, both on the field and off it, and are, quite simply, not in the same class as us.

Hahahahaha, I couldn't give a £#%&! about the scousers any more.

Unread 06-03-2011, 10:08 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Good point. They're a europa cup team. A joke. I'd be more gutted to lose to them than I would be delighted to beat them.
Just want to see their support suffer tbh though.

Unread 06-03-2011, 10:23 AM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellfarg
3min 17sec on the vid. Is that Carlosartoria(l) ?
Yeah, i think so

Unread 06-03-2011, 10:26 AM
wonky no

maybe the situation has changed regarding the fixture. we used to be looking up at the @#%&!s year in, year out and it used to be our cup final playing them @#%&!s. it wasn't about us getting 3 points but more so taking 3 points off them.

for me though, this fixture is still important, it still gets my pecker up. it wouldn't matter to me if they were/are a mid table club, if they were second in the league or flirting with relegation. at the end of the day i know how £#%&!ing gutted they will be when we beat them. the thought of making a scouser cry makes me hard.

gerrard, carrigher, dalglish, benitez, hansen, lawrenson every single @#%&! that has worn their shirt or managed or mopped the bogs, every kopite who thought this would be their season - again. every scouser, my age and older who never thought in their wildest nightmares that us, the £#%&!ing despised, would be heading for 19 titles before them.

for every pundit who banged on about shankley (who i don't have a problem with tbh.) being the greatest manager that ever lived yet choose to slag off fergie at every opportunity.

personally i doubt this fixture will ever lose its edge.
Closed Thread