United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 01-02-2023, 01:12 AM
92ToBury

Unread 01-02-2023, 07:21 AM
shenwen

Had no idea this lad had already played against us (and destroyed us apparently ). From his YouTube highlights, looks like we've actually managed to strengthen our midfield again

Unread 01-02-2023, 07:46 AM
Sapien

Incredible to see signs of actual competence in recruitment after all this time

Unread 01-02-2023, 08:36 AM
puressence

there's definitely a thread on here when he was available from leipzig forum members raving about him

Unread 01-02-2023, 09:14 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Had no idea this lad had already played against us (and destroyed us apparently ). From his YouTube highlights, looks like we've actually managed to strengthen our midfield again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvW21PavFek
£#%&! me, we were a horrific disorganised mess that night.

Unread 01-02-2023, 10:03 AM
Seamus

he's come from nowhere and has a real point to prove. I am confident about this one and its showing that our scouting is on the mark.

Unread 01-02-2023, 10:19 AM
Harry Flashman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Incredible to see signs of actual competence in recruitment after all this time
I suppose the fact is that we have released control of the transfers from a Liverpool supporting megalomaniac with no footballing knowledge it should come as no shock.

But I do know what you mean.
It's comforting to think somebody knows what they are doing.

Unread 01-02-2023, 10:21 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I managed to watch 55 seconds before getting depressed and switching it off

Unread 01-02-2023, 10:22 AM
BarryX

Looks like an astute bit of business to me. Love a dynamic, goal scoring, midfielder with an eye for a good pass.

Unread 01-02-2023, 10:29 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
The amount of space they had in our half

When you have a central four of lindelof slab The Scottish Player and matic, I guess it will always be a struggle to get close to any opposition .

Unread 01-02-2023, 10:39 AM
jem

a strange combination of looking like he can take of himself and gloves. has the talent and the bulk, but does he have the cojones? I'm in til I'm out.

Unread 01-02-2023, 10:48 AM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvW21PavFek
Targeted Wan Bissaka all game that night.

Same against Alexander Arnold please.

Unread 01-02-2023, 11:07 AM
wiganste

If he's good enough for Erik, he's good enough for me

Unread 01-02-2023, 11:08 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
a strange combination of looking like he can take of himself and gloves. has the talent and the bulk, but does he have the cojones? I'm in til I'm out.
take care of himself.

Unread 01-02-2023, 11:11 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
take care of himself.
The gloves aren’t because he’s a wimp. It’s to keep the blood of his enemies off his hands. Tough, but big on hygiene

Unread 01-02-2023, 11:14 AM
dunk

Love him already tbh.

Unread 01-02-2023, 11:17 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
The gloves aren’t because he’s a wimp. It’s to keep the blood of his enemies off his hands. Tough, but big on hygiene
I wonder what's in his gloves.

Unread 01-02-2023, 11:20 AM
dunk

I don’t hold wearing gloves against people tbh. When I play football I have to wear gloves, in all but the height of summer, as no matter how hot I am my hands are freezing cold.

Unread 01-02-2023, 11:37 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I don’t hold wearing gloves against people tbh. When I play football I have to wear gloves, in all but the height of summer, as no matter how hot I am my hands are freezing cold.
I have never worn gloves to play football. I may have pulled my sleeves over my hands occasionally, though, in the brief spells when I wasn't actually running. sounds like you have poor circulation.

Unread 01-02-2023, 12:04 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
i don’t hold wearing gloves against people tbh. When i play football i have to wear gloves, in all but the height of summer, as no matter how hot i am my hands are freezing cold.
yep but were the keeper