United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-12-2018, 08:47 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Though it is a just slightly important part
Not as important as team shape, flexibility and chemistry. Who scores the goals ultimately is unimportant, a striker who can do many things well but is an average finisher is almost always better for a top team than a one dimensional scorer.

I don't know what Rashford can potentially become, but I like much of what he offers in that CF role, especially the ability to interchange with Martial and Lingard and his mobility across the line.

Unread 22-12-2018, 09:50 PM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Not as important as team shape, flexibility and chemistry. Who scores the goals ultimately is unimportant, a striker who can do many things well but is an average finisher is almost always better for a top team than a one dimensional scorer.

I don't know what Rashford can potentially become, but I like much of what he offers in that CF role, especially the ability to interchange with Martial and Lingard and his mobility across the line.
Absolutely this.

Unread 22-12-2018, 09:51 PM
suedeshoes

He's the 2nd best player we've got. Love him.

Unread 22-12-2018, 09:58 PM
Part 36 Offer

Rashford shit

Unread 22-12-2018, 10:07 PM
MartialLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
He's the 2nd best player we've got. Love him.
Come of ffs

Dave
Martial
Pogba

All miles better than Rashford.

Unread 23-12-2018, 12:22 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

If we were under Jose and he missed that one v one, we'd be defending Jose with 'he can't make Rashford score one v ones' shouts.... because it would be one of two chances we create in the entire £#%&!ing game.

Instead, we made moments like that the concession of a soft penalty not matter.

Unread 23-12-2018, 01:35 AM
Denis Irwell

The lads been playing well recently tbf. I’m sure Ole can help improve the finishing. When I see him round the keeper I’ll start getting giddy

Unread 23-12-2018, 01:38 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
The lads been playing well recently tbf. I’m sure Ole can help improve the finishing. When I see him round the keeper I’ll start getting giddy
For the next six months at least, he’s definitely in the right hands. If Ole can’t teach him his trade no one can.

Unread 23-12-2018, 01:40 AM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

State of this thread btw

Unread 23-12-2018, 01:41 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Welcome back son.

Unread 23-12-2018, 01:42 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

State of this thread btw

Unread 23-12-2018, 02:33 AM
boreez

Quote:

State of this thread btw

Unread 23-12-2018, 12:05 PM
hopkins

Quote:

State of this thread btw
The Watcher returns!!
Glorious scenes!

Unread 23-12-2018, 12:39 PM
plopborsky

Quote:

State of this thread btw
So happy to see you it’s been hard without you pal

Unread 24-12-2018, 07:39 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

State of this thread btw
How did I miss this?!

Agree re the thread. Absolutely repulsive effort.

Unread 24-12-2018, 07:50 PM
Foot2ball

Couple of things going for Rashford is speed, and a very good right foot. The jury is still out on him, his touch is iffy and why it still looks like he has puppy dog legs, meaning a little awkward with his touch and moves. As I said before, his trajectory is of Danny Welbeck.

Unread 24-12-2018, 07:53 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot2ball
Couple of things going for Rashford is speed, and a very good right foot. The jury is still out on him, his touch is iffy and why it still looks like he has puppy dog legs, meaning a little awkward with his touch and moves. As I said before, his trajectory is of Danny Welbeck.
I think he's got far more resolve than Welbeck. Mourinho has shown almost no faith in Rashford as a striker. Even signed a lummox like Lukaku to lead the line for the next five years. Yet Rashford continues to inspire us when needed, often still out of position.

Has the complete game with the added aspect of being versatile. Criminal that we didn't build a dynamic attack post 2016 Cup final with him and Martial. Maybe Mane or Aubameyang would have been ideal options. Can only imagine how much further along they'd be.

Unread 27-12-2018, 01:03 PM
Sparky***

Unread 27-12-2018, 01:59 PM
saffers

Giggsy was really staring deep into that interviewer from norwegian tv, can't blame him

Unread 27-12-2018, 06:12 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I think he's got far more resolve than Welbeck. Mourinho has shown almost no faith in Rashford as a striker. Even signed a lummox like Lukaku to lead the line for the next five years. Yet Rashford continues to inspire us when needed, often still out of position.

Has the complete game with the added aspect of being versatile. Criminal that we didn't build a dynamic attack post 2016 Cup final with him and Martial. Maybe Mane or Aubameyang would have been ideal options. Can only imagine how much further along they'd be.
The Welbeck comparison has always been rather lazy. Welbeck(a better player than most give him credit for, and has seen his post Utd career destroyed by injuries) does not have anywhere near the ingenuity and dexterity of footwork that Rashford shows. You are right to point out resolve, I like that he has put himself forward as a set piece option and is willing to have a pop from range, not things that Welbeck would ever have tried, marks of a player looking to improve.

Zlatan and Lukaku were awful choices if our desire was to aid the development of Rashford and Martial. It really should have been because 3 years ago they looked 2 of the most exciting young players in Europe, and giving them every opportunity to develop looked the way forward.

Just happy that Mou was not able to trade them in for Perisic and Willian to form his dream trio with Lukaku.
Closed Thread