United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-04-2023, 09:14 PM
GBMUFC2020

Default Will Arsenal blow it?

Eight point clear with a game in hand you would think it should be an easy cruise to the finish. But the way City are playing they could well get maximum points from their next 5 games.

Arsenal have 3 away and 2 at home from their 5 including tough trips to Liverpool and City. That looks like being the crunch fixture unless they smash Liverpool away. Fingers crossed here even though from all the London clubs I despise them....well apart from from West Ham!

Manchester City - 2nd

Southampton (A) - April 8
Leicester City (H) - April 15
Arsenal (H) - April 26
Fulham (A) - April 30
Leeds United (H) - May 7

Arsenal 1st

Liverpool (A) - April 9
West Ham United (A) - April 16
Southampton (H) - April 21
Manchester City (A) - April 26
Chelsea (H) - April 29

Thoughts?

Unread 01-04-2023, 09:21 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

city have the game in hand but apart from that. I’d have to say maybe.

Unread 01-04-2023, 09:24 PM
Bunker Buster

Don't care

Unread 01-04-2023, 09:29 PM
Ethers

Yes.

City have got a piss easy run in, their only difficult game is Arsenal. And while that’s a hard game, it’s also a chance to inflict a huge blow on their competition.

Arsenal have 4/5 tough matches, starting with the scousers away.

Hope I’m wrong obviously, but can’t see it.

Unread 01-04-2023, 09:31 PM
GBMUFC2020

And another 12 points after that for the Arse including Saudi United away and Brighton at home. Forest and Wolves are a taken. Really hope City end up with nothing this season

Unread 01-04-2023, 09:35 PM
Lok

It's really hard to see them blowing it from here

Unread 01-04-2023, 09:36 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Yes.

City have got a piss easy run in, their only difficult game is Arsenal. And while that’s a hard game, it’s also a chance to inflict a huge blow on their competition.

If they don’t lose at City then I can see them doing it.

Unread 01-04-2023, 09:37 PM
Knockers

City will win the treble. They’re the best team left in all three competitions by a mile. There’ll be some iconic comeback/last minute sickener/pitch invasion thing, probably against us at Wembley. Albert Square’ll be renamed after Guardiola. Our kids will be asking for City shirts.

Unread 01-04-2023, 09:37 PM
tatty

They might blow it but from the position they're in I can't see that happening very often.

Unread 01-04-2023, 09:40 PM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Don't care
Some do. I`m sick of that muppet jumping up and down !

Unread 01-04-2023, 09:40 PM
Dr Stranger

City have the game in hand.

Tight one. I don’t think they’re going to just bottle it and they’ve won 7 in a row since their wobble a while back. They’ve responded brilliantly to city beating them.

City are sloppy. On their day, they are comfortably the best side side in the league, but they drop daft points. It’s why they’re behind and they can’t afford any more slips while Arsenal have this much of a lead.

Avoid defeat to City and they’ll do it.

Unread 01-04-2023, 09:48 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
City will win the treble. They’re the best team left in all three competitions by a mile. There’ll be some iconic comeback/last minute sickener/pitch invasion thing, probably against us at Wembley. Albert Square’ll be renamed after Guardiola. Our kids will be asking for City shirts.
yes my friend

Unread 01-04-2023, 09:50 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMUFC2020
Some do. I`m sick of that muppet jumping up and down !
Narrow it down a bit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Yes.

Only hope is that the CL takes it out of them somehow.

Unread 01-04-2023, 10:03 PM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Narrow it down a bit..

Guardiola

Only hope is that the CL takes it out of them somehow.

Unread 01-04-2023, 10:07 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Every year

Unread 01-04-2023, 10:12 PM
Stickman

Well no shit if they avoid defeat at City they’re near certs

I don’t see them blowing it, feel City would need to win more or less every match and they won’t.

Unread 01-04-2023, 10:27 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
If they don’t lose at City then I can see them doing it.
They could lose to city and liverpool and still do it. Key will be how they react if the gap does shrink.

Unread 01-04-2023, 10:31 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Well no shit if they avoid defeat at City they’re near certs

I don’t see them blowing it, feel City would need to win more or less every match and they won’t.
No shit? 5 points can disappear in a week. They’ve got Anfield coming up before that.

Even if they avoid defeat, I still wouldn’t call them dead certs. Just favourites.

Unread 01-04-2023, 10:33 PM
AK14

Nah they’ll win it from here.

Unread 01-04-2023, 10:51 PM
Hyman_Roth

Yes, they’ll blow it. City are considerably better and Arsenal know it.

Think it will be closer than I originally thought though and I cling on to hope that they keep going. Jesus back is very good. Weirdly haaland coming back might unsettle city.
Closed Thread