United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-02-2018, 10:36 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
He does better pulling wide than he does centrally. Credit where it’s due, he started poorly and ended up a match winner.
Played out there with Everton. It also gives space to others and to him. Playing with his back to goal is £#%&!ed up. So much better running onto a ball than trying to hold it up.

Unread 25-02-2018, 11:01 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
No reason why Lukaku shouldn't be able to bully the defences of City, Spurs, Liverpool etc. All in his head. Look at Drogba, not the most talented guy but put all his attributes together and gave some of the top sides a torrid time on a regular basis.
And was anonymous in France at Lukakus age. 26 when he went to Chelsea iirc.

Staggers me the amount of grief Rom gets. 24 years old in his first season at a massive club, already has 22 goals.

Rom, Pogba, Martial, Rashford and Bailly all big dons under 25

Unread 25-02-2018, 11:10 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
And was anonymous in France at Lukakus age. 26 when he went to Chelsea iirc.

Staggers me the amount of grief Rom gets. 24 years old in his first season at a massive club, already has 22 goals.

Rom, Pogba, Martial, Rashford and Bailly all big dons under 25
Probably fair pal - my issue is that he seems to get the basics wrong - playing balls behind players rather than in their path, getting knocked to the ground by 9stone defenders, over hitting simple passes etc.

That sort of stuff doesn’t feel age related. Hope I’m wrong or rather, he still does a bit of that stuff but scores too.

Unread 25-02-2018, 11:27 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
probably his biggest issue. needs to be a @#%&! that bullies back fours. he has all the physical attributes
Agree. That's why I say it's all in his head. Be more of a @#%&!, Romelu, lad

Unread 25-02-2018, 11:43 PM
Switching Off

Seemed like Mou had told him to step up and prove people wrong today. Wouldn't have had him mom but we saw 3 or 4 examples of what he's really good at. The goal, the driving run at the end, the Sparky-esque volley.

Do agree with Shearer that he's feeding off scraps this season. Seems Mou is building from the back and making concessions to avoid a weak back four being exposed, which doesn't help the front players. And we're still unbalanced on the right.

But if he sorts that in the summer I think we'll see a team playing more to Lukakus strengths next season. If he can get 30 feeding off scraps (and that's an attainable target) he could excel next season if we get it right.

But agree we need to see more of him with an attitude and a chip on his shoulder. Against Liverpool would be delightful.

Unread 25-02-2018, 11:47 PM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up

Big Rom on point yet again; love the lad tbh

Unread 25-02-2018, 11:52 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Seemed like Mou had told him to step up and prove people wrong today. Wouldn't have had him mom but we saw 3 or 4 examples of what he's really good at. The goal, the driving run at the end, the Sparky-esque volley.

Do agree with Shearer that he's feeding off scraps this season. Seems Mou is building from the back and making concessions to avoid a weak back four being exposed, which doesn't help the front players. And we're still unbalanced on the right.

But if he sorts that in the summer I think we'll see a team playing more to Lukakus strengths next season. If he can get 30 feeding off scraps (and that's an attainable target) he could excel next season if we get it right.

But agree we need to see more of him with an attitude and a chip on his shoulder. Against Liverpool would be delightful.
Matic?

Unread 25-02-2018, 11:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Matic?
I thought he was quite poor in the first half hour or so, but become monstrous later on. Eating up those Chelsea attempts to break.

Unread 26-02-2018, 12:29 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I thought he was quite poor in the first half hour or so, but become monstrous later on. Eating up those Chelsea attempts to break.
Ref let him tally up those game breaking fouls. Once he realized he was letting stuff go Matic upped his aggression. Been far too passive recently, needed him to pick it up in a big game.

Unread 26-02-2018, 06:44 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

Been saying this even during mad Luis time and still applies now.

Still not 100% convinced with Rom but he cops it unfairly on here. His tally is decent if not brilliant but could well take a distinct upward if the team pull their finger out. Of course he’s feeding on scraps and those saying “but but... most of his goals came early season” as if it matters and as if Cole, Rooney etc didn’t have lean spells even though they played in a successful and settled side. Seems to play well coming in from the right and kept his cool nicely for the goal... big Tone was even cooler with a lovely little shufty and lay off.

Unread 26-02-2018, 07:30 AM
windy waffles

One good game...

Needs to keep on doing it in the big games.

Unread 26-02-2018, 07:36 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
One good game...

Embarrassing Morata fanboy.

Unread 26-02-2018, 07:45 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
One good game...

Don’t they all, ffs?

Unread 26-02-2018, 08:38 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Matic?
Yep. The way he read that note was sublime.

Unread 26-02-2018, 09:19 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Embarrassing Morata fanboy.

Oh the irony.

Unread 26-02-2018, 01:10 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Big Rom on point yet again; love the lad tbh

I would, but first I need to accept he doesn't really do first touches.

Unread 26-02-2018, 01:21 PM
silv

Quote:
One good game...

one good game in the big games

hes had lots of good games

Unread 19-03-2018, 08:41 AM
saffers

2018 lit so far

Captain next season?
Closed Thread