United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-02-2016, 10:54 PM
Switching Off

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Why the £#%&! would he come to us if Spurs win the league?
Bottom red

Unread 14-02-2016, 10:55 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Yeah, mystery.

Unread 14-02-2016, 10:56 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Depends if it's maintained. 1 title is a glimmer. How he manages as champions is just as important in seeing if he's up to it. Sustain success at Spurs, if they actually have any, the he can have the job.

Or we'd wait a year or two until they sack him. Would work out better that way around anyway.
Winning the league with Spurs on a fraction of the budget of the big boys is a glimmer

This isn't 70s pal, it would be a ridiculous achievement

Unread 14-02-2016, 10:57 PM
Coracao

I think sustaining success at Spurs is a nigh on impossible job

Unread 14-02-2016, 11:00 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I think sustaining success at Spurs is a nigh on impossible job
If he did win the title with them it would be almost mental to stay and try to live up to that achievement.

Remember thinking when Martinez had that great first season at Everton that he should move on straight away. Winning the title with Spurs would be ten times more of an achievement. Not much to gain from staying and trying to defend it. United would surely tempt him, and it's a summer where the road would be clear due to lack of competition.

Unread 14-02-2016, 11:01 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Because we are Manchester United, you absolute v****a.
And people wonder why we're called arrogant. Another Liverpool 1990-esque comment.

Spurs are hardly a little club are they? One of the top five or six in the country. They win the league, he becomes an instant club legend, ready to challenge to retain the title and embark upon the champions league.......and then the sixth-placed team from last season comes knocking. ...

Unread 14-02-2016, 11:03 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Winning the league with Spurs on a fraction of the budget of the big boys is a glimmer

Rodgers at Liverpool.

Have Tottenham climbed to that level or just got a little better and everyone else gone down? Arsenal could win the thing and they're no different now to how they've been the past 10 years. 2000-2010, this Tottenham or Arsenal team wouldn't be close to being in with a shout.

If city, United and Chelsea had all been £#%&! in previous seasons Tottenham would likely have finished second or third numerous times. It's not really much to write home about when it's just a one off.

Unread 14-02-2016, 11:05 PM
Coracao

Quote:
If he did win the title with them it would be almost mental to stay and try to live up to that achievement.

Remember thinking when Martinez had that great first season at Everton that he should move on straight away. Winning the title with Spurs would be ten times more of an achievement. Not much to gain from staying and trying to defend it. United would surely tempt him, and it's a summer where the road would be clear due to lack of competition.
I think he is an interesting option, whether he wins or not. Not sure who I want but he is up there. I wouldn't be against Mourinho either tbf, given our current predicament. We need to start competing sooner rather than later.

Seems there is a lack of proven quality out there really. I doubt I could put forward a list of five realistic credible candidates

Quote:
And people wonder why we're called arrogant. Another Liverpool 1990-esque comment.

Spurs are hardly a little club are they? One of the top five or six in the country. They win the league, he becomes an instant club legend, ready to challenge to retain the title and embark upon the champions league.......and then the sixth-placed team from last season comes knocking. ...
He's right though. Arrogant or not, we dwarf Spurs and I'd be surprised if he stayed there if we came in for him.

Unread 14-02-2016, 11:08 PM
mr.sitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Fifth largest gross spend since the premier began..its about time they actually put in a decent effort at winning the thing..

For all levys so called nous and acumen, they've been serial under acheivers ..
Law of averages says they should make a go of it once in a while

Unread 14-02-2016, 11:10 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Seems there is a lack of proven quality out there really. I doubt I could put forward a list of five realistic credible candidates
At the highest level, there always has been. Mourinho stands out above the other contenders now in the same way Ferguson did in 86.

Unread 14-02-2016, 11:11 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
I think he is an interesting option, whether he wins or not. Not sure who I want but he is up there. I wouldn't be against Mourinho either tbf, given our current predicament. We need to start competing sooner rather than later.

He's right though. Arrogant or not, we dwarf Spurs and I'd be surprised if he stayed there if we came in for him.
I'm not debating we're not bigger than Spurs, but the fact we're not even considering the possibility he might want to stay at Spurs and whether or not HE'S good enough for US is all a bit *Keaneface*

Unread 14-02-2016, 11:11 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.sitter
Fifth largest gross spend since the premier began..its about time they actually put in a decent effort at winning the thing..

For all levys so called nous and acumen, they've been serial under acheivers ..
Law of averages says they should make a go of it once in a while
Particularly when all the teams that usually finish above them every year are having shit seasons all at the same time. They only needed to stand still to be where they are.

Unread 14-02-2016, 11:12 PM
Coracao

Quote:
I'm not debating we're not bigger than Spurs, but the fact we're not even considering the possibility he might want to stay at Spurs and whether or not HE'S good enough for US is all a bit *Keaneface*
Matter of opinion isn't it Redhat

Unread 14-02-2016, 11:15 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
So, what does this mean in that case? That he's mentally weak, not up to the challenge? An admission that it was a one off fluke rather than having built something that could sustain itself?

Unread 14-02-2016, 11:16 PM
Coracao

Quote:
At the highest level, there always has been. Mourinho stands out above the other contenders now in the same way Ferguson did in 86.
There definitely seems more of a dearth now than previous years. Maybe due to the downfall of Serie A, which produced a few top managers over the past couple of decades.

Unread 14-02-2016, 11:16 PM
mr.sitter

S
Quote:
Particularly when all the teams that usually finish above them every year are having shit seasons all at the same time. They only needed to stand still to be where they are.
Good point, well made

Unread 14-02-2016, 11:18 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Matter of opinion isn't it Redhat
Well, yeah. Everything is.

What a shit response. In my opinion, ofcourse.

Unread 14-02-2016, 11:20 PM
Iron Fist

Quote:
We're not gonna be in the Champions League and Spurs will next season. I don't he will want to come to us the mess we're in. Some right dreamers on this thread . *Quick push the case of the flavour of the month like a real hipster*

Unread 14-02-2016, 11:21 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist
We're gonna be in the Champions League and Spurs will next season. Some right dreamers on this thread . *Quick push the case of the flavour of the month like a real hipster*
I don't know what that means.

Unread 14-02-2016, 11:21 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Well, yeah. Everything is.

What a shit response. In my opinion, ofcourse.
People are just discussing alternative options, no need to get your knickers in a twist over it No one on here is on the board of directors, other than Pure.
Closed Thread