United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-11-2007, 02:07 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
re the mention of southerns in ET2 singing stuff like stand up if you love manu etc...

i'd like to point out that OT is littered with idiots every home game, and these come from all over the country and world. there may be a slight point re mancs v southerners, but i prefer to judge individully. round me there are fair few 'who are you' style idots and thier accents are not from the north west. I'm a welshmen living in london so what do i know, but i've been going for years and have seen the change.

As for the songs themselves i think i don't need to be told what to sing and what not do. posting on an internet forum not gonna do a great deal of good though - maybe a leaflet campaign perhaps!!!!

one certianty is that these songs/fans are not going anywhere anytime soon.

one postive from 'stand up for the champions' (which i don't like that much) is that in a game like blackburn recently it encourages much more standing and staying standing. it does where i sit anyway.
that should be stings next song.

Unread 21-11-2007, 02:09 PM
Child of Darkness

50% crowd are silent

25% are #@&%!s (man u FFS)

Unread 21-11-2007, 02:10 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Could be brilliant on the lute.

Unread 21-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Smeggs

Quote:

Unread 21-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:

quality my young friend

Unread 21-11-2007, 03:07 PM
My Name is Keith

I’m really struggling to see why people are getting so vexed about someone expressing an opinion about how to support United.

Supporting a club is a learning process – perhaps not for people in their 20’s and 30’s but as a kid at United, I took my lead from the main faces on the terraces. What to sing, when to sing it and what was and was not acceptable as a United supporter.

I’m struggling to think of a good example but the Chelmsford Reds flag that used to have pride of place in the Stretford end was something that pissed me off no end. But surely, getting it removed was telling people how to support the club?

Pete is one of the main terrace faces and for my money, has every right to express an opinion about how our support acts and behaves. Or in this case, gently putting forward a view on songs.

Reject it by all means but no need for the slapped arse displays.

Unread 21-11-2007, 03:16 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I’m really struggling to see why people are getting so vexed about someone expressing an opinion about how to support United.

Supporting a club is a learning process – perhaps not for people in their 20’s and 30’s but as a kid at United, I took my lead from the main faces on the terraces. What to sing, when to sing it and what was and was not acceptable as a United supporter.

I’m struggling to think of a good example but the Chelmsford Reds flag that used to have pride of place in the Stretford end was something that pissed me off no end. But surely, getting it removed was telling people how to support the club?

Pete is one of the main terrace faces and for my money, has every right to express an opinion about how our support acts and behaves. Or in this case, gently putting forward a view on songs.

Reject it by all means but no need for the slapped arse displays.
what should i sing?

Unread 21-11-2007, 03:17 PM
Bishovetz

Wink One for Boyle's page:

We come along, on Saturday afternoon , greeting everybody with a song,

We come along, on Saturday afternoon, knowing it's where we belong,

As members of the Stretford End we all intend to be,

Good hooligans when we grow up, for all the world to see,

We come along, on Saturday afternoon , greeting everybody with United!, United! United!.....................(fade)
Closed Thread