United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-01-2008, 11:18 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
These accounts aren't out until June I think, plus they can be highly manipulated, as they aren't a PLC.

I wouldn't trust the Glazers if they said the sky was £#%&!ing blue.
so all the accounts filed to companies house will be manipulated?

Unread 11-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
so all the accounts filed to companies house will be manipulated?
Yes.

Expect there to be a large "Misc" column.

Unread 11-01-2008, 11:21 AM
redloner

Nani, Anderson and Hargreaves all signed on 2 July, so their transfers are not included in these accounts.

Marlo - I have last years' and will get the new ones when they come out.

TsV - I'm not suggesting there's anything wrong with the United accounts but they seem like you'd want them to look like this if you were planning on selling, or securitising ticket income or somesuch?

Unread 11-01-2008, 11:23 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by redloner
Nani, Anderson and Hargreaves all signed on 2 July, so their transfers are not included in these accounts.

TsV - I'm not suggesting there's anything wrong with the United accounts but they seem like you'd want them to look like this if you were planning on selling, or securitising ticket income or somesuch?
I suppose you're right but I don't think we are that lucky. rising revenues and profits, that's how all businesses want to look. I'm sure they're not selling, why dismiss the Chinese last year so quickly?

Unread 11-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by redloner

I'd say a re-financing based on 100% season ticket sales is on the cards.

Unread 11-01-2008, 11:53 AM
the heathen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
what I get from that is that the loan repayment is £42 pa

the profits after tax are £42
£42!

I, The Heathen do solemnly pledge to cover Manchester United's loan repayments henceforth (providing it doesn't cross the aforementioned £42 pa).

I also pledge to return all profits after tax (also £42 incidentally) into the club's transfer fund

No need to thank me lads, but I think I might be the Red Night we've all been waiting for.

Working off Child of Darkness' figures I think I can probably buy the club outright for £1000.

Why if I put up the cost of attending a game by another 40% I reckon I could make a tidy profit in week 1.

I'm off to Dragon's Den to see if Theo Paphitis might be interested in a 25% stake for a backing of £500.

Update -
Theo says he's thinking about it...
Closed Thread