Yes to Conte 29 26.13%
No to Conte 82 73.87%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 02-11-2021, 11:36 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Pochettino is their wet dream. A manager who dragged the club to a champions league final while the owners spent nothing on the team.
They want someone who is going to accept them having almost complete control and doing what they want to the team to squeeze out as much commercial revenue as possible, while being as successful as possible. Basically someone that doesn't exist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Which players has he fallen out with?

Genuine question.
Text Diego Costa to tell him to find another club, then froze out the players that were close to Costa. That's the stuff that was made widely public anyway.

Unread 02-11-2021, 11:39 AM
marlo

“Conte won’t stay”

That’s the football world we live in where managers don’t stick around. The ones that do stuck around as it big clubs are there because they are winning.

If conte came in and delivered the league next season and then left, I’m sure we can dry our eyes and build with a new manager.

It’s a much better situation than having a long term novice making it up s he goes along.

I’m tipping us to finish 5/6th this season.

Unread 02-11-2021, 11:43 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
They want someone who is going to accept them having almost complete control and doing what they want to the team to squeeze out as much commercial revenue as possible, while being as successful as possible. Basically someone that doesn't exist.

Text Diego Costa to tell him to find another club, then froze out the players that were close to Costa. That's the stuff that was made widely public anyway.
Just edited my post

Found the Costa one and how he froze out Willian and luiz, that’s about it tbf?

Unread 02-11-2021, 12:04 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
the top six are the biggest 6 clubs in the country.

you know the ones we referred to a few weeks ago saying “we haven’t even played any of the top 6 teams”

Try and not play stupid to pander to an invisible red brigade .
The top six™ is a myth just like the top four™

So the top six is Liverpool, United, Everton, Nottingham Forest, Villa and Arsenal?

Unread 02-11-2021, 12:05 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
If conte came in and delivered the league next season and then left, I’m sure we can dry our eyes and build with a new manager.
if we had a couple of decent midfielders, ole could win the league.

if we don't, conte's winning us £#%&! all. plus, he'll be dick and the football will be dull.

maybe buy some £#%&!ing midfielders.

if we are going to change manager, it should be someone with new ideas, whose teams play with flair and who will provide entertainment on and off the pitch. not someone who is only just a step away from being mou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
The top six™ is a myth just like the top four™

So the top six is Liverpool, United, Everton, Nottingham Forest, Villa and Arsenal?
whilst there is no doubt that, historically, city and chelsea are not top six, it would be churlish to suggest that they aren't now.

your list reads like the 70s/80s. probably would have had spurs in there ahead of forest, though.

Unread 02-11-2021, 12:32 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

I would say "while being as successful as necessary". If spending more to win the league rewards them with roughly the same income as spending less to finish fourth, they're going for fourth. They couldn't care less about fans and legacy.

Clearly they see Conte as someone who won't work with them, while Ole is a no brainer as he's a yes man who is willing to work for them, and is happy to be wheeled out when needed to tell us how much Joel loves the club

No ambition. No risk. Sadly, no trophies either.

Unread 02-11-2021, 12:57 PM
windy waffles

Apparently Spurs posted this pic of him before quickly deleting it - they can't even get his unveiling right.

He looks thrilled...

Unread 02-11-2021, 12:58 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Apparently Spurs posted this pic of him before quickly deleting it - they can't even get his unveiling right.

He looks thrilled...
Ancelloti at Everton vibes

Unread 02-11-2021, 12:58 PM
dunk

Rocked up for a quick cheque, will be out of there the second a proper club needs a manager. He’s a despot like Mou.

Unread 02-11-2021, 01:17 PM
Zorg

I wouldn’t say it’s the end of the world or anything as there are clearly question marks about the guy, and I’d prefer ten Hag, but as others have said I do wonder where we’ll be if we lose tonight and on Saturday (both distinctly possible).

Unread 02-11-2021, 01:20 PM
Dr Stranger

Farewell sweet Prince

Unread 02-11-2021, 01:21 PM
AK14

If he’s backed in January like levy has apparently promised ( ) we'll be dragged into a 4th place scrap and I’m not overly confident we’ll win that fight. More so to do with us than Spurs though tbf

Unread 02-11-2021, 01:26 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I wouldn’t say it’s the end of the world or anything as there are clearly question marks about the guy, and I’d prefer ten Hag, but as others have said I do wonder where we’ll be if we lose tonight and on Saturday (both distinctly possible).
I didn't particularly want Conte but if it's a choice between Ole or Conte only a madman would pick Ole. Or an inept chief executive covering his own arse.

I didn't want Conte mainly because he'll want to play with no wingers and we've got 8. But we're playing his formation anyway

Unread 02-11-2021, 01:27 PM
puressence

win tonight perfect day ..

Unread 02-11-2021, 01:28 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

I didn't want Conte mainly because he'll want to play with no wingers and we've got 8. But we're playing his formation anyway
That's exactly it though.

Such a farce. And he wanted to keep dan James.

Unread 02-11-2021, 01:30 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
That's exactly it though.

Such a farce. And he wanted to keep dan James.
I'd forgotten about him

Unread 02-11-2021, 01:44 PM
puressence

people praying for conte but hammering ole playing 3-5-2 ... yep those cluster £#%&!ing lunatics

Unread 02-11-2021, 01:53 PM
tatty

This time next week the Ole fanboys will be sat wondering how Rodgers has become the next United manager.

When we could have had a proven winner with the backbone to sort the team out.

Unread 02-11-2021, 02:21 PM
jem

don't want conte or rodgers. would rather have ole.

10h / cantona would be nice, though.

Unread 02-11-2021, 02:47 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
don't want conte or rodgers. would rather have ole.

10h / cantona would be nice, though.

Cantona would be peak Glazers.

I'm pretty sure Eric would see through it.
Closed Thread