United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-08-2008, 11:18 AM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew
Is Hargreaves playing then? My understanding was that he was out of the England games???

Yes, he's fit enough to play today, have 2 weeks off, then play the dippers.

Unread 29-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Well there is a 2 week break after it so why not?
will still takes it toll come april, do we really need to play him? i think this is a great game personally for possebon to start, if park is fit he has to start cos he needs a game, as does nani, as does hargo, leaving one free central position

Unread 29-08-2008, 11:24 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Yes, he's fit enough to play today, have 2 weeks off, then play the dippers.
That's pretty much what's happened with Garrard.

Unread 29-08-2008, 11:26 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
will still takes it toll come april, do we really need to play him? i think this is a great game personally for possebon to start, if park is fit he has to start cos he needs a game, as does nani, as does hargo, leaving one free central position
I wouldn't argue with that necassarily but I do want to win. also i'd get games out of Scholesy now when he's more needed 'cos it's likely as the season goes on we'll be relying on Anderson, Hargo and carrick in midfield, with Scholes stepping back a bit as Fergie has suggested.

Unread 29-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Sloppy

VDS

Neville
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Nani
Hargreaves
Scholes
Fletcher

Tevez
Rooney

Unread 29-08-2008, 11:29 AM
puressence

8 big dave

Unread 29-08-2008, 02:16 PM
antonin jablonsky

Default Guardian reporting that hargo is out of tonights match???

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...s&fee d=sport

Owen Hargreaves has been forced to pull out of the Uefa Super Cup in Monaco tonight after reluctantly having to admit that he is not fit to play. Hargreaves, who has been troubled by persistent knee problems, informed Sir Alex Ferguson this morning that he had felt in pain during a training session with the rest of Manchester United's first-team squad last night.

The midfielder has not been able to take any part in United's first two Premier League games and missed the entire build-up to the season. He has suffered from tendinitis for the last 16 months and there are genuine concerns at Old Trafford that the England international may have the problem for the rest of his career.

His absence this evening, when United take on the Uefa Cup holders Zenit St Petersburg, will also have ramifications for the England manager Fabio Capello, who has travelled to Monaco specifically to see the former Bayern Munich player. With Steven Gerrard also injured, Capello had been hoping Hargreaves would have been fit enough to be in involved in the forthcoming World Cup qualifiers against Andorra and Croatia.

Unread 29-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Ginners

thats a shitter, but we dont want to rush him.

Unread 29-08-2008, 02:20 PM
antonin jablonsky

Default Times have it too now.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle4633863.ece

Oliver Kay
Classic Times Fantasy Football is back. We got two great games for you to play and £100K to be won

Owen Hargreaves will play no part in the European Super Cup final against Zenit St Petersburg this evening, potentially widening the rift between Fabio Capello and Manchester United before England's World Cup qualifying matches against. Andorra and Croatia.

Fabio Capello, the England manager, travelled to Monaco today in order to watch Hargreaves make his first appearance of the season after a knee injury. But he was alarmed by Sir Alex Ferguson's claim yesterday that Hargreaves will not be fit to play for England and he will now be suspicious of the player's absence from tonight's game, 24 hours after the United manager said that Hargreaves would play for at least 45 minutes.

The word from the United camp is that Hargreaves asked to be withdrawn from the squad, having felt that he was not 100 per cent fit. Capello will now have to decide whether to take those claims at face value or to include Hargreaves in his squad regardless and have him assessed by the FA's medical staff on Monday.

Unread 29-08-2008, 02:20 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
thats a shitter, but we dont want to rush him.
Hmmmm, seems a bit suspicious to me but, yes, there's bigger fish to fry.

Unread 29-08-2008, 03:02 PM
elephantstone

thats a gutter, I was looking forward to see the cougar back

Unread 29-08-2008, 03:03 PM
JakeB

Saha>Cougar
Closed Thread