United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 05-04-2024, 09:32 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Not really looked back at Antonys penalty either but it looked soft as £#%&!. What are we saying?
It wouldn't have been given for us imo.

Read on twitter that the VAR fella is the same one that £#%&!ed us over v Arsenal away. A scouser apparently.

Unread 05-04-2024, 09:46 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
It wouldn't have been given for us imo.

Read on twitter that the VAR fella is the same one that £#%&!ed us over v Arsenal away. A scouser apparently.
The first pen I thought it was one at the time. Silly challenge, makes contact, doesn't get the ball.

The 2nd one is just about as soft as you'll ever see and is exactly the type of pen that we've had waved away countless times this season.

Certainly if that was given for us instead of chelsea, it would be getting scrutinised and talked about this morning as some hugely controversial turning point, not to mention the 8 £#%&!ing mins of stoppage time. Rest assured if United had 8 mins of stoppage time out of nowhere and got handed that soft as £#%&! pen AND were still playing in the 112th minute to score a winner, the tone around the game after would be very very different.

If this had happened against Brentford i'd say that we got what we deserved because ultimately Brentford completely outplayed us. But chelsea were £#%&!ing awful last night at times and there was a period in the 2nd half when they were were for the taking and we failed to make it count. The subs absolutely £#%&!ing killed us as well.

Unread 05-04-2024, 09:49 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The first pen I thought it was one at the time. Silly challenge, makes contact, doesn't get the ball.

The 2nd one is just about as soft as you'll ever see and is exactly the type of pen that we've had waved away countless times this season.

Certainly if that was given for us instead of chelsea, it would be getting scrutinised and talked about this morning as some hugely controversial turning point, not to mention the 8 £#%&!ing mins of stoppage time. Rest assured if United had 8 mins of stoppage time out of nowhere and got handed that soft as £#%&! pen AND were still playing in the 112th minute to score a winner, the tone around the game after would be very very different.

If this had happened against Brentford i'd say that we got what we deserved because ultimately Brentford completely outplayed us. But chelsea were £#%&!ing awful last night at times and there was a period in the 2nd half when they were were for the taking and we failed to make it count. The subs absolutely £#%&!ing killed us as well.
I was the same re the first pen until I saw a different view point after the game. Probably is a pen although soft, just wouldn’t be for us.

Unread 05-04-2024, 09:49 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Are you? I’m not.

Thinking ahead to Sunday - if it’s an end to end game full of thrills and spills and Liverpool score in the 112th minute to win the match after us leading in the 97th minute then I think we should be impartial and bloody well congratulate Liverpool and their fans on a thoroughly entertaining game of football.

At the end of the day, we all want football to be the winner.
Can I shock you? I like losing.

I wonder if any team in history has been in the lead in the 97th minute in two successive matches and not won either? It’s so exciting to think we could make it a hat-trick on Sunday

Unread 05-04-2024, 09:50 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
He blamed "individual errors" after the game and said we were "tactically good".
they're his tactics. that he employs every £#%&!ing game. despite the fact that we get caught out the same way time and time again. some people are too stupid to realise that they are stupid*.

* hi, larry.

Unread 05-04-2024, 09:56 AM
armchair

Chelsea are in for a shock if they think this is their turning point. They are shit.

Unread 05-04-2024, 09:59 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

I wonder if any team in history has been in the lead in the 97th minute in two successive matches and not won either? It’s so exciting to think we could make it a hat-trick on Sunday
I don’t think we’ll be in the lead on Sunday.

Unread 05-04-2024, 10:04 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I was the same re the first pen until I saw a different view point after the game. Probably is a pen although soft, just wouldn’t be for us.

https://x.com/absolutebruno/status/1...A3dB-7-ot5Dfuw
I think the second one was soft but he was stupid putting his arm out. I think the ref gives it because he thinks there was a trip. VAR spent ages on it and realised there was no trip. They then analysed the arm and as there was contact (not enough to make the player go down!) it meant that they stuck with the on field decision. If the ref didn't give the pen, VAR wouldn't have overturned the decision to give one.

I think the Antony one is a clear pen. His knee collides with the player who then goes to ground. The player made the contact obvious but it was enough for a pen. I'd be fuming if we weren't given it.

Unread 05-04-2024, 10:12 AM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

nobody likes losing but it's part of football. fergie left 10 years ago and people still haven't adjusted to the reality that we are a bit shit and are going to lose more often than we used to.

if we are going to be shit, chaos is my favourite flavour of shit. the season is a write off, the manager is a busted flush. each league match from here on in is essentially meaningless in the grander scheme of things, and a match like last night brings higher highs and lower lows than a drab 1-1.

Unread 05-04-2024, 10:15 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
nobody likes losing but it's part of football. fergie left 10 years ago and people still haven't adjusted to the reality that we are a bit shit and are going to lose more often than we used to.

if we are going to be shit, chaos is my favourite flavour of shit. the season is a write off, the manager is a busted flush. each league match from here on in is essentially meaningless in the grander scheme of things, and a match like last night brings higher highs and lower lows than a drab 1-1.
You'd think the players would be playing for their future. Surely they're bright enough to see what has happened to the vast majority of players who have left the club in the last 5 years.

I guess they're all so rich that they don't actually give a £#%&!. And they know the manager is going any way.

Unread 05-04-2024, 10:22 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I think the second one was soft but he was stupid putting his arm out. I think the ref gives it because he thinks there was a trip. VAR spent ages on it and realised there was no trip. They then analysed the arm and as there was contact (not enough to make the player go down!) it meant that they stuck with the on field decision. If the ref didn't give the pen, VAR wouldn't have overturned the decision to give one.

I think the Antony one is a clear pen. His knee collides with the player who then goes to ground. The player made the contact obvious but it was enough for a pen. I'd be fuming if we weren't given it.
And the first one is us getting into a right mess with moments to go. Dalot gets it all wrong. Moments earlier we had the chance to take the ball to the corner flag. Chelsea should never have got anywhere near our box in the first place

And we’ve seen it before. Same thing happened last week and at Wolves. Moments remaining and players are still able to have a free run at our box. It’s appalling game management.

Unread 05-04-2024, 10:48 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
You'd think the players would be playing for their future. Surely they're bright enough to see what has happened to the vast majority of players who have left the club in the last 5 years.

I guess they're all so rich that they don't actually give a £#%&!. And they know the manager is going any way.
Tbf the Dalot penalty shows he is playing for his future imo, busting a gut to get back into position and he £#%&!s up. It’s just the majority aren’t good enough and get found out, but also they’re £#%&!ed and so mistakes are more likely to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

That’s fair.

But I still don’t think we get either given for us.

Gabriel on Hoijland earlier in the season is more of a penalty than both and without looking into it I’m guessing we’ve had better shouts turned down.

Unread 05-04-2024, 10:52 AM
magic_cantona

Those two penalties would be given national coverage and endless phone ins if they're awarded to us.

Unread 05-04-2024, 11:08 AM
Travis Bickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Chelsea are in for a shock if they think this is their turning point. They are shit.
Blunt, accurate and to the point. It's refreshing.

Unread 05-04-2024, 11:09 AM
shenwen

First was a pen all day. Antony came in from a bad angle. Was always going to make contact.

Second I though was fair but having now seen some of the angles VAR would have seen, highly £#%&!ing questionable.

As Stranger says though, for the second we should never have even been in our own half with minutes to go.

Unread 05-04-2024, 11:17 AM
Dr Stranger

I don’t believe it’s a work issue or they’re not trying. One or two aren’t, but for the most part they are covering a lot of ground because they can’t keep the ball.

The problem is it’s ill-disciplined and chaotic. They can’t follow or understand instructions. Some simply aren’t intelligent enough in key moments.

I think it’s easy to suggest as team isn’t trying or they’ve downed tools, but when something isn’t working and confidence is gone, it can all look really bad

They’re only human. These humiliating losses and collapses will be taking their toll.

Unread 05-04-2024, 11:20 AM
Offerington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

There's some merit in what you say as always mate but the game should have been over. This team is so profligate it's untrue and their lack of concentration is so unprofessional; it's actually mind-blowing that a team can all be that weak mentally with the resources and hours and hours of playback and analysis they have at their fingertips. It was harder to lose that game that win it at the end there today and they actually managed it. I would get rid of them all aside from Garnacho, Mainoo and Hojlund. Every single one of the @#%&!s. (youngsters aside)

Unread 05-04-2024, 11:33 AM
Baron

Lost 3 & drawn 1 of the last 6, despite leading in the last two past 90min

Game in hand over Villa in fourth, we'd have realistically been in with a shout being just 4 point behind & Villa still having Arsenal, Chelsea & Liverpool to play but we've absolutely £#%&!ed it & it's all our own fault.

I literally stated on page 2 that we just needed to not give away penalties & keep an eye on Palmer. Two jobs.

£#%&!ing @#%&!s. I can't believe what I'm watching, we're so far off being even a half decent side it's ridiculous.

Poch has been slaughtered by Chelsea fans for his subs this season, but ETH is complete mess when it comes to this. Beyond any redemption for game management or carrying a threat, he retreats & time and time again we're £#%&!ed because of it.

INEOS & United are going to need a new start together.

I hope he stays, wins the FA Cup & leaves on a high.

Unread 05-04-2024, 11:36 AM
puressence

Shots ffs 🤦. Never mentioned before. Oh wait it’s Man Utd pile on. … it’s £#%&!ing pathetic

Unread 05-04-2024, 11:39 AM
Offerington

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Shots ffs 🤦. Never mentioned before. Oh wait it’s Man Utd pile on. … it’s £#%&!ing pathetic
err think we are decent mate?