United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 01-02-2024, 12:05 AM
tatty

A couple of seasons of 8th placed finishes and the players will be able to behave however they want and the press will take little interest.

Bit like us.

Unread 01-02-2024, 06:14 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
who went public first though.?

the truth is eth just doesn't like sancho simple as.
if I didnt like a player as a manager id treat them differently as well.
well then you’re a massive hypocrite

Unread 01-02-2024, 10:52 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
who went public first though.?

the truth is eth just doesn't like sancho simple as.
if I didnt like a player as a manager id treat them differently as well.

Managers have always called out players. Top managers, and top players.

Sancho was the one who decided to be a little bitch about it, and now he's back in germany. It's utterly embarrassing.

that said, Rashfords behaviour and performances have been terrible as well and I doubt many would be sad to see the back of him in the summer for a reasonable fee.

Unread 01-02-2024, 10:57 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Managers have always called out players. Top managers, and top players.

Sancho was the one who decided to be a little bitch about it, and now he's back in germany. It's utterly embarrassing.

that said, Rashfords behaviour and performances have been terrible as well and I doubt many would be sad to see the back of him in the summer for a reasonable fee.
not really. ETH treats players differently. I know why I’m saying this.

Unread 01-02-2024, 11:06 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
As do the rest of us.

Unread 01-02-2024, 11:11 AM
Baron

Quote:
Every manager who's ever been in the game treats players differently, do you think Fergie treated Cantona the same as everyone else? He £#%&!ing kicked a spectator & when they got back in the dressing room Fergie tore a strip off everyone for their performance & then just told Cantona "Eric, you can't do that son".

Ronaldo was afforded the privilege of not needing to track back, literally the bedrock of any United side - but he won games, generational talent & frankly treated completely differently to any other player - even Rooney - in the squad. He was toughened up as well by the coaches being informed not to call fouls on him. Give & take.

Sancho had provided precisely £#%&! all on the pitch to afford him any grace. It starts with training standards & he's been late everywhere he's worked. In what world does ETH suddenly change his standards because another overhyped, underperforming shit-@#%&! has a whinge on Instagram?

You're deluded.

Unread 01-02-2024, 11:32 AM
Patty_b

I know the real reason Sancho was £#%&!ed off, and the reason why Rashford has been forgiven. And it's nothing to do with the behaviour and reaction of the players involved being completely different, that's just what the Manchester United Press Office and ETH want you to believe.

The real reason is damning, it's earth shattering, it's almost unbelievable. I can scarcely believe it myself. And I'm the one who made it up!
Unfortunately I can't tell anyone, and I can't tell you why I can't tell anyone. You just have to trust me.

Unread 01-02-2024, 11:40 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

ooooo cryptic insider knowledge, that's helpful

Unread 01-02-2024, 11:49 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Every manager who's ever been in the game treats players differently, do you think Fergie treated Cantona the same as everyone else? He £#%&!ing kicked a spectator & when they got back in the dressing room Fergie tore a strip off everyone for their performance & then just told Cantona "Eric, you can't do that son".

Ronaldo was afforded the privilege of not needing to track back, literally the bedrock of any United side - but he won games, generational talent & frankly treated completely differently to any other player - even Rooney - in the squad. He was toughened up as well by the coaches being informed not to call fouls on him. Give & take.

Sancho had provided precisely £#%&! all on the pitch to afford him any grace. It starts with training standards & he's been late everywhere he's worked. In what world does ETH suddenly change his standards because another overhyped, underperforming shit-@#%&! has a whinge on Instagram?

You're deluded.
This

Mental that people can't see the huge difference.

Unread 01-02-2024, 11:51 AM
believe

Quote:

You're deluded.
Proper laid in to Robbo and Hughes that night iirc

Unread 01-02-2024, 11:59 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Proper laid in to Robbo and Hughes that night iirc

This generation of footballers, and younger lads in general, is just very different though and can't handle that approach. They hold the power these days for the most part. The game has changed, the players have changed, a lot of the fans have changed.

Not sure what my point is, just fancied doing an old man shouting at cloud.

Unread 01-02-2024, 12:01 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I know the real reason Sancho was £#%&!ed off, and the reason why Rashford has been forgiven. And it's nothing to do with the behaviour and reaction of the players involved being completely different, that's just what the Manchester United Press Office and ETH want you to believe.

The real reason is damning, it's earth shattering, it's almost unbelievable. I can scarcely believe it myself. And I'm the one who made it up!
Unfortunately I can't tell anyone, and I can't tell you why I can't tell anyone. You just have to trust me.
Don't forget having to pretend to be an idiot, just for the idiots on here.

That's important for some reason.

Unread 01-02-2024, 12:26 PM
marlo

Quote:

You're deluded.
That’s fair enough but sancho can point out there’s a double standard and feel like the manager doesn’t like him. That’s all!

Unread 01-02-2024, 12:29 PM
Baron

Quote:
That’s fair enough but sancho can point out there’s a double standard and feel like the manager doesn’t like him. That’s all!
No, the dressing room is omerta from a players perspective.

You can only have one chief. & that's the manager.

As Sancho has found out to his cost. Dortmund are a fine club, but they're not Manchester United & he's in a 3rd tier now by his own doing.

Unread 01-02-2024, 12:38 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

I don't know how many times people need to say this, but it's not a double standard.

Sancho attacked the manager publicly, over insta, and refused to apologise despite given all the time in the world to do so.

Rashford was photographed out the night before a game, it's been dealt with internally - which obviously means he's apologised - and we move on.

If you had proof that, for example, Rashford hasn't apologised but essentially been 'let off', then yes, it could be considered double standards. But you don't. Again, i'm absolutely not defending Rashford here but simply pointing out the 2 scenarios are very different.

Unread 01-02-2024, 12:43 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
I don't know how many times people need to say this, but it's not a double standard.

Sancho attacked the manager publicly, over insta, and refused to apologise despite given all the time in the world to do so.

Rashford was photographed out the night before a game, it's been dealt with internally - which obviously means he's apologised - and we move on.

If you had proof that, for example, Rashford hasn't apologised but essentially been 'let off', then yes, it could be considered double standards. But you don't. Again, i'm absolutely not defending Rashford here but simply pointing out the 2 scenarios are very different.
The rashford incident is the worst thing that could’ve happened to the whole “I know something you don’t” garbage that’s been peddled on here for weeks because the innuendo was always slanted in a certain direction that brother Marcus totally blows out of the water. The hidden agenda is gone, and all that’s left is “the manager doesn’t like Sancho for no reason” which is, obviously, total rubbish.

Like sancho’s punctuality, performances and training levels.

Unread 01-02-2024, 12:46 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Back on the subject of Rashford we certainly won't be selling him until we have a replacement ready.

If PSG come up with a big offer for him in the summer which is when he may well leave, then hopefully we can replace him with a player who can hit the ground running, and won't be a round peg in a square hole like Hojland is.

Hojland is wasted without consistent service from the wide players and so far we have Sancho, Anthony, Rashford and Greenwood who are all missing in action for various reasons, and Garnacho can't do it all at his age.

We are desperately short of quality players up front and we do need to cash in on Rashford in a big way if ten Hag can't resolve whatever issues Rashford clearly has.

Unread 01-02-2024, 12:48 PM
marlo

Quote:

Rashford was photographed out the night before agame, it's been dealt with internally - which obviously means he's apologised - and we move on.

not really

Please don't believe everything you read! I will not allow people saying things that is completely untrue.

"I have conducted myself in training very well this week. I believe there are other reasons for this matter that I won't go into.

"I have been a scapegoat for a long time which isn't fair! All I want to do is play football with a smile on my face and contribute to my team.

I don’t train well i don’t play,

Hypothetically speaking if another player wasn’t even turning up to training and then starting every game possible….
Wouldn’t that justify this outburst about being a scapegoat…..
zero tolerance but only for sancho is a double standard

Let’s just park and revisit it after ETH has gone!

Unread 01-02-2024, 01:10 PM
Dacter

Oh good.

Another thread, another round of race-baiting.

Unread 01-02-2024, 01:15 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
not really

Please don't believe everything you read! I will not allow people saying things that is completely untrue.

"I have conducted myself in training very well this week. I believe there are other reasons for this matter that I won't go into.

"I have been a scapegoat for a long time which isn't fair! All I want to do is play football with a smile on my face and contribute to my team.

I don’t train well i don’t play,

Hypothetically speaking if another player wasn’t even turning up to training and then starting every game possible….
Wouldn’t that justify this outburst about being a scapegoat…..
zero tolerance but only for sancho is a double standard

Let’s just park and revisit it after ETH has gone!

Scapegoated yet was given weeks and weeks off (paid) , away from the first team to help him discover form and deal with any other issues he had. Ok pal.

Obviously I bow down to your superior inside knowledge victor, but the rest of us mere mortals can only go off what we see on the pitch and read about. And from that point of view, Sancho appears to be a bit of a #@&%!.