United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Unread 26-03-2020, 04:00 AM
Hands of Scone

https://hectordrummond.com/2020/03/2...-of-the-water/

Quote:
HUGE NEWS: The very same man who brought about the shutdown with his extreme claims about massive death tolls has now massively backtracked:

Up to two thirds of people who die from coronavirus in the next nine months are likely to have died this year from other causes, a government advisor has said.

Professor Neil Ferguson, who is recovering at home from Covid-19, told the Science and Technology Committee that experts were now expecting around 20,000 deaths, although said it may turn out to be a lot less.

But he said that many of those deaths were likely to be old and seriously ill people who would have died from other conditions before the end of the year.
This is the very man, the man from Imperial College, who said there would be 410 000 to 550 000 UK deaths (and 2.2 million in the US) if we didnít bring in all the measures, including five months of total lockdown. A claim based on his own work, and the paper he was lead author on. Now heís massively changed his tune. Suddenly itís no big deal.

Unread 26-03-2020, 07:29 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone View Post
Where/how do you find all these blogs/cranks?

Unread 26-03-2020, 07:33 AM
windy waffles

Death toll upto 465.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro View Post
Where/how do you find all these blogs/cranks?
I think he has a point.

I read the other day that a man aged 98 died from it. He could have died anyway without coronavirus or could have died from the flu, also?

Unread 26-03-2020, 07:36 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles View Post
I read the other day that a man aged 98 died from it. He could have died anyway without coronavirus or could have died from the flu, also?
You think? Only 98? Unlikely to die imo...

Unread 26-03-2020, 07:42 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Death toll upto 465.

I think he has a point.

Clutching at straws but I also saw some Nobel guy - may have been on here come to think of it - was saying that it won't go exponential all the way as people move in relatively small social circles.

I've got my daughter on lockdown - only coming into contact with 3 people until it's all over.

When this is over, I'm doing loads of things including a Fred Meet.

Unread 26-03-2020, 07:47 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic View Post
You think? Only 98? Unlikely to die imo...

Unread 26-03-2020, 08:21 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
I think he has a point.
?
Not disputing the point (Iíve got a definite foot in the wum camp), wondered (as I asked) how Sconers finds obscure blogs from blokes named Colin and Hector etc...only cranks write blogs no matter what the content.

Unread 26-03-2020, 08:24 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro View Post
Not disputing the point (Iíve got a definite foot in the wum camp), wondered (as I asked) how Sconers finds obscure blogs from blokes named Colin and Hector etc...only cranks write blogs no matter what the content.
The old twitter. A hive of scum and villainy. And Colins.

Unread 26-03-2020, 08:28 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath View Post
Clutching at straws but I also saw some Nobel guy - may have been on here come to think of it - was saying that it won't go exponential all the way as people move in relatively small social circles.

I've got my daughter on lockdown - only coming into contact with 3 people until it's all over.

When this is over, I'm doing loads of things including a Fred Meet.
Didn't realise Fritzl had internet access.

Unread 26-03-2020, 08:31 AM
Hands of Scone

The unfortunately named Mr Pfister there, about to discover nominative determinism.