United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Unread 25-03-2020, 08:18 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro View Post
Stella. God awful beer that I have a cupboard full of due to folk leaving it here after coming around and drinking all my decent booze.
British Stella brewed in Magor ?

My niece works in the lab there. She says that their stuff is chemically equivalent to the Leuven brew. It may be, but British brewed Stella tastes like medicine and real Leuven Stella tastes like nectar.... or it did until they put it into those horrendous green bottles...

Unread 25-03-2020, 08:26 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock View Post
I think the green ones were always for the export market, or even brewed outside of Belgium, like in Magor, here though, they've always been brown. In fact most of the "weak*" Belgian beers were sold in brown bottles.

Why do you need to take the paper off anyway ? You can pour into a glass or drink from the bottle without removing it.... or do you have a different top to the ones shown ?

*5.2%
Yes the paper goes up to the bottle cap so you need to peel it off otherwise you’re tasting paper every time you have a drink. Stella bottles are my favourite drink

Unread 25-03-2020, 08:35 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock View Post
British Stella brewed in Magor ?

My niece works in the lab there. She says that their stuff is chemically equivalent to the Leuven brew. It may be, but British brewed Stella tastes like medicine and real Leuven Stella tastes like nectar.... or it did until they put it into those horrendous green bottles...
Not brewed in Belgium, brewed here and tastes just like the English version.

Unread 25-03-2020, 09:17 AM
Zorg

Software referring to itself as 'we'.

'We're experiencing technical difficulties'. 'We're trying to open your mailbox'.

You're a line of computer code, you b*****d.

Unread 25-03-2020, 09:19 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

'We're experiencing technical difficulties'. 'We're trying to open your mailbox'.

This is probably transphobic

Unread 25-03-2020, 03:49 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post

Unread 25-03-2020, 05:18 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post

It identifies as an asexual being you ghoul.

Unread 30-03-2020, 01:12 PM
est.1878

Speaking of software, windows showing me pictures of amazing places round the globe whilst I'm staring at the same four walls and listening to the daughter play "music" on pots and pans downstairs

Unread 30-03-2020, 02:02 PM
elhombre

Wonky shelving.

Unread 30-03-2020, 06:53 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre View Post
Wonky shelving.
Especially when you've put it up yourself.