United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-01-2020, 11:13 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
You keep defending Ole pal...
And you keep up with your scoops. Never change pal.

Unread 22-01-2020, 11:13 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
I'm hearing that we are only in for Fernandes now because Poch wanted him in the summer...
Remember what happened to the last guy was always "hearing" stuff.

Unread 22-01-2020, 11:14 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Remember what happened to the last guy was always "hearing" stuff.
This is the first time I've said it ffs. *in a while.

I heard it on a podcast. So I did actually hear it tbf.

Unread 23-01-2020, 12:29 AM
ScarFace

Unread 23-01-2020, 11:33 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
LOLZ

tell us all again how Liverpool won't win the league
I still can’t tell if you’re a #@&%! or 6. Add bullshit merchant to your list of qualities.

Unread 23-01-2020, 11:37 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
I still can’t tell if you’re a #@&%! or 6. Add bullshit merchant to your list of qualities.
Reported.

Unread 23-01-2020, 12:41 PM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
time kills all deals

I dont think this one is going to happen plus The Scottish Player is not far away and we have Pogba also coming back as I dont think he will go in January.

Its not happening
update The Scottish Player is still 6 weeks away according to his dad.

Unread 23-01-2020, 12:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
update The Scottish Player is still 6 weeks away according to his dad.
He was on crutches last week or the week before, so 6 weeks sounds optimistic tbh.

We shouldn't be utterly dependent on a pair of 22 year olds. It's absurd.

Unread 23-01-2020, 12:44 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He was on crutches last week or the week before, so 6 weeks sounds optimistic tbh.

Was at the ground on crutches and had his knee in a brace last night according to Twitter.

Unread 23-01-2020, 12:52 PM
Seamus

Quote:

shows how threadbare they have let the squad go to.

Unread 23-01-2020, 02:15 PM
goldfinger II

Quote:
True, but at least we now have a number of players good enough to build a team around - Rashford, The Scottish Player, AWB, Williams, Maguire. In addition, Greenwood looks a great prospect and James will be a decent player too.

Whilst there is a danger that some of them could be damaged by it, if we go on a really bad run, these players are a huge positive to come out of the season. They are a semblance of a team. That's something we didn't have last year.

It's £#%&!ing criminal that we signed so few in the summer, for a squad that clearly needed major surgery ffs. That is absolutely the crux of our problems this season. Considering the evidence of last season, where the only positive was Ole's run, how they could envisage an under-replenished and numerically reduced version of that squad to do anything but struggle, is beyond me. I wonder did Ole and/or the club really think they'd get something out of Pogba if he stayed. If so, they made a big mistake to enter the season depending on him, even for bursts of form.

At the risk of stating the obvious, not doing sufficient business in the summer is the reason there is now so much pressure around our purchases in January, which makes it all the harder to do good business. I just can't believe they let the summer slide by without doing more - after all the talk of appointing the manager early so they could start working on transfers early.

Despite the pressure and the prospect of an ugly end to the season, the very last thing we should do now is sign the wrong players. That's largely what got us into this mess. This general state of alarm amongst our support, though completely understandable, isn't helpful. If anything, it may even make matters worse as Woodward is susceptible to public opinion and may just do something stupid like make a bad signing or throw the manager under the bus. He has form. Also, the players we have out there are young and fragile. I want Woodward and the Glazers out as much as anybody, but I think a big hysterical outpouring of criticism now will be felt by the players even if not directed at them, and they badly need our support at this moment. So does Ole,

£#%&! me, I'm supposed to be working, not rambling on a web forum. What was the question again?

Unread 23-01-2020, 02:17 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
He’s 6 #@&%!s. HTH

Unread 23-01-2020, 02:21 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
True, but at least we now have a number of players good enough to build a team around - Rashford, The Scottish Player, AWB, Williams, Maguire. In addition, Greenwood looks a great prospect and James will be a decent player too.

Whilst there is a danger that some of them could be damaged by it, if we go on a really bad run, these players are a huge positive to come out of the season. They are a semblance of a team. That's something we didn't have last year.

It's £#%&!ing criminal that we signed so few in the summer, for a squad that clearly needed major surgery ffs. That is absolutely the crux of our problems this season. Considering the evidence of last season, where the only positive was Ole's run, how they could envisage an under-replenished and numerically reduced version of that squad to do anything but struggle, is beyond me. I wonder did Ole and/or the club really think they'd get something out of Pogba if he stayed. If so, they made a big mistake to enter the season depending on him, even for bursts of form.

At the risk of stating the obvious, not doing sufficient business in the summer is the reason there is now so much pressure around our purchases in January, which makes it all the harder to do good business. I just can't believe they let the summer slide by without doing more - after all the talk of appointing the manager early so they could start working on transfers early.

Despite the pressure and the prospect of an ugly end to the season, the very last thing we should do now is sign the wrong players. That's largely what got us into this mess. This general state of alarm amongst our support, though completely understandable, isn't helpful. If anything, it may even make matters worse as Woodward is susceptible to public opinion and may just do something stupid like make a bad signing or throw the manager under the bus. He has form. Also, the players we have out there are young and fragile. I want Woodward and the Glazers out as much as anybody, but I think a big hysterical outpouring of criticism now will be felt by the players even if not directed at them, and they badly need our support at this moment. So does Ole,

£#%&! me, I'm supposed to be working, not rambling on a web forum. What was the question again?
Absolutely this. Imo one of the strongest reasons to keep Ole (and I appreciate there aren't many) is because the fans are unlikely to turn on him, even if we could get a Poch, which I think is a long shot if he's got any sense at all, then he would surely walk in a year and leave us back to the start. Basically I don't want any manager who's willing to come to us.

Unread 23-01-2020, 02:25 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Absolutely this. Imo one of the strongest reasons to keep Ole (and I appreciate there aren't many) is because the fans are unlikely to turn on him, even if we could get a Poch, which I think is a long shot if he's got any sense at all, then he would surely walk in a year and leave us back to the start. Basically I don't want any manager who's willing to come to us.
Exactly where I am with it all.

Apparently Fernandes has handed in a transfer request.

Unread 23-01-2020, 05:59 PM
Sparky***

Off

Unread 23-01-2020, 06:04 PM
Pop

Probably pleaded with his club not to sell him to Utd

Unread 23-01-2020, 06:13 PM
tatty

Party round Bruno's house as news breaks United refuse to meet asking price.

Unread 23-01-2020, 06:17 PM
Jethro

Probably watched us last night lol

Unread 23-01-2020, 06:19 PM
AK14

Not really bothered tbh. As if he’d make a difference to this shot..

It would take the spotlight off the failings of the board if we managed to sign a player so I’d rather we didn’t sign anyone.

Unread 23-01-2020, 06:20 PM
silv

Absolute joke

As I said it was all just posturing. Hanging Ole and our squad out to dry and it’s criminal negligence.
Closed Thread