United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-07-2019, 11:57 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Keeping an eye and interested in plenty though, apparently.

Will depend on who is leaving, how much money we get and whether then price of those we want increases or decreases as the deadline approaches imo.

Less than a month to go isn’t it?
Can see the following -

Lukaku and Pogba out for circa £200m

Longstaff and Fernandes in for circa £75m

Total net spend about £50m in the black

6th place.

Unread 11-07-2019, 11:58 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Can see the following -

Lukaku and Pogba out for circa £200m

Longstaff and Fernandes in for circa £75m

Total net spend about £50m in the black

6th place.
Surely we need another striker though if Lukaku leaves.

Unread 11-07-2019, 12:00 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Ben yedder?

Net spend £10m in the black

6th place

Unread 11-07-2019, 12:00 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Keeping an eye and interested in plenty though, apparently.

Will depend on who is leaving, how much money we get and whether then price of those we want increases or decreases as the deadline approaches imo.

Less than a month to go isn’t it?
Nobody shit.

We'll end the summer having lost Herrera, Pogba, Lukaku and Valencia. Your mileage may vary but only one of those would've been near the top of my list to dump.

Unread 11-07-2019, 12:01 PM
Buck

Pogba will stay.

Unread 11-07-2019, 12:37 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Apparently we're interested in Heller from Frankfurt but didn't believe a deal could be done this summer (heard that early last week)... West Ham apparently had a £40m bid accepted for him yesterday

Also interested in the Dembele at Lyon, but he said he's staying put. Could've had him for £18m(?) last summer..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Pogba will stay.
Leaning towards this myself. If him and Lukaku leave this summer, the brand () will take a right kicking.

Unread 11-07-2019, 12:44 PM
Baron

Quote:
Leaning towards this myself. If him and Lukaku leave this summer, the brand () will take a right kicking.
Ed will be trying desperately to finance a Neymar deal using the combined Lukaku & Pogba fees.... I'm telling you he'll be absolutely wetting himself at the prospect.

Unread 11-07-2019, 12:45 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Ed will be trying desperately to finance a Neymar deal using the combined Lukaku & Pogba fees.... I'm telling you he'll be absolutely wetting himself at the prospect.

Unread 11-07-2019, 12:55 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
...wants reassurances that the club are heading in the right direction
We dropped from 2nd to 6th, and out of the Champions League, so £#%&! off please you bone-idle shitbag.

Unread 11-07-2019, 01:10 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
"No one wants to pay my price tag so I'll stay if I have to..."

#@&%!.

Unread 11-07-2019, 01:47 PM
Clownbones

I think Pogba will stay and leave next year.

Despite a lack of quality, doubts over his tactical nous, I think Ole has a more harmonious squad than we had 12 months ago.

Unread 11-07-2019, 01:49 PM
sweetleftfoot

Unread 11-07-2019, 01:55 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
I think Pogba will stay and leave next year.
correct. I think we want too much and RM have spent too much. They'll do what they did with Hazard.

Saying that, Pogba and his agent are greedy @#%&!s, so if he stays he could easily sign a new contract, with United agreeing to sell him next season for a lower price than this to avoid the 1year left senario.

I do not want him here, he's £#%&!.

Unread 11-07-2019, 02:02 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
correct. I think we want too much and RM have spent too much. They'll do what they did with Hazard.

Saying that, Pogba and his agent are greedy @#%&!s, so if he stays he could easily sign a new contract, with United agreeing to sell him next season for a lower price than this to avoid the 1year left senario.

Yup. And despite being £#%&! for three years we're now going to pay him more money for a year so he can leave for less than we want next year.

"Please point out to the courtroom just where Raiola and Pogba bent you over a table and made you their bitch?"

Unread 11-07-2019, 02:18 PM
goldfinger II

Willingly placing ourselves in a situation where we are dependant on Pogba for another season would be perhaps the biggest mistake we could possibly make at this time.

Unread 11-07-2019, 02:35 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace

I know what you mean, he's got no long term future here and he's been underwhelming.... but he's our best outfield player and he's usually at the heart of the rare good things we do.

He would need replacing and I have no faith we'll do that.

Despite him being an absolute div, I do believe the lad is a generally positive and popular guy. If he doesn't get his move, he'll get his head down and crack on (as much as Pogba 'gets his head down'). He gets his move in 12 months, we get to spend our summer budget on other areas. Win win.

We've been here before. Other clubs have. Sometimes a player doesn't get a move, but it doesn't mean the season has to be a write off.

Ronaldo left in 2009 really quickly. I think it's safe to assume we granted that move a lot earlier. 'Give us one more year' and he still hit about 30 goals.

A player can want to leave, but also like the club. They're not mutually exclusive and pogba isn't the profile of player who needs to worry about missing out on a dream move.

We've had bigger @#%&!s and lost better players than him.

His agent is utterly disgusting and I'll be glad to see the back of him.

Unread 11-07-2019, 04:51 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
A step in "the right direction" would be him pulling his head out of his arse, nqat.

Unread 11-07-2019, 05:46 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
Willingly placing ourselves in a situation where we are dependant on Pogba for another season would be perhaps the biggest mistake we could possibly make at this time.
Although he may be motivated to produce his early form under ole, given there’s an international tournament next year and he also wants his move. Not great, but about as good as he gets. I’d rather he sat in the stands.

Unread 11-07-2019, 05:57 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
It's the worst thing that could now happen....
An absolute want away mercenary playing for our club.
Vile mess.

Get Bruno in and £#%&! this #@&%! off for £100m

Unread 11-07-2019, 09:45 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
It's the worst thing that could now happen....
An absolute want away mercenary playing for our club.
Vile mess.

Get Bruno in and £#%&! this #@&%! off for £100m
Exactly. The cheek of the @#%&! asking for assurances.
Should be the other way around - how about an assurance he’s going to make an effort.
Better still just £#%&! him off and being in someone else
Closed Thread