United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-07-2019, 05:17 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
/u/xisimon strikes again
We have known for months we are after him...

Unread 09-07-2019, 05:24 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
We have known for months we are after him...

Unread 11-07-2019, 10:33 AM
browser

Off to City now apparently...

Unread 11-07-2019, 10:37 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser

Unread 11-07-2019, 10:44 AM
dunk

From what I was reading last night, United aren't and haven't been actively negotiating for anyone, in or out, for quite some time.

There are 28 players on tour, that's too many to begin with. Can't see us buying anymore until some move on and they won't force the issue with sales as they don't want to lose out on fees/negotiations..

Unread 11-07-2019, 10:53 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
From what I was reading last night, United aren't and haven't been actively negotiating for anyone, in or out, for quite some time.

There are 28 players on tour, that's too many to begin with. Can't see us buying anymore until some move on and they won't force the issue with sales as they don't want to lose out on fees/negotiations..
Wouldn’t surprise me tbh

Woodward is a dick, we all knew that. Some of us could see him making Ole’s job that much harder while others thought it would be rosey when Mou was sacked.

Do you think perhaps this bloke was being lined up as a Pogba replacement?

Unread 11-07-2019, 11:03 AM
dunk

Quote:
Wouldn’t surprise me tbh

Woodward is a dick, we all knew that. Some of us could see him making Ole’s job that much harder while others thought it would be rosey when Mou was sacked.

Do you think perhaps this bloke was being lined up as a Pogba replacement?
Dunno about that.

We were light in CM last season prior to Fellaini leaving, now we've lost Herrera too and signed none. It's pretty £#%&!ing grim. I'd imagine they'd like Fernandes to reduce the reliance on Pogba should he stay. but that want him cheap.

I've long been of the opinion we're broke from a transfer funds pov tbh, and what we're witnessing points exactly at that. It's one thing blaming Woodward, but if the budget was 'X' and it's spent already, and he's under strict instructions as to what needs to come in when selling, his hands are tied and the club is £#%&!ed.

The parasites at the top are the driving issue here.

Unread 11-07-2019, 11:06 AM
puressence

Quote:
Dunno about that.

We were light in CM last season prior to Fellaini leaving, now we've lost Herrera too and signed none. It's pretty £#%&!ing grim. I'd imagine they'd like Fernandes to reduce the reliance on Pogba should he stay. but that want him cheap.

I've long been of the opinion we're broke from a transfer funds pov tbh, and what we're witnessing points exactly at that. It's one thing blaming Woodward, but if the budget was 'X' and it's spent already, and he's under strict instructions as to what needs to come in when selling, his hands are tied and the club is £#%&!ed.

The parasites at the top are the driving issue here.
tbf he has a buy out clause at 30 ish million and sporting dont wanna lose him for it hence why he hasnt moved anywhere

Unread 11-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Jethro

I love the smell of pure speculation in the morning

Unread 11-07-2019, 11:12 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Bullshit.

A tactic to get us to move for him.

They've just signed Rhodri. How many midfielders do they need?

Unread 11-07-2019, 11:15 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
tbf he has a buy out clause at 30 ish million and sporting dont wanna lose him for it hence why he hasnt moved anywhere
I read the clause has expired?

We’ve spent 70m so basically the same as last summer? Maybe all the talk of Woodward denying Mourinho anymore players was %@#$&!s and the truth is we’re tightening the purse strings, as dunk mentions?

I think who ever is handing these contracts out (judge?) is as much to blame as Woodward or the glazers. It’s why no one will pay the money for the likes of Rojo or Darmian because their wages are so inflated perhaps?

I think Andy P is Herrera’s replacement as it goes and any other midfield signing would have been a bonus. Not looking likely at the moment though.

Unread 11-07-2019, 11:18 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
I read the clause has expired?

We’ve spent 70m so basically the same as last summer? Maybe all the talk of Woodward denying Mourinho anymore players was %@#$&!s and the truth is we’re tightening the purse strings, as dunk mentions?

I think who ever is handing these contracts out (judge?) is as much to blame as Woodward or the glazers. It’s why no one will pay the money for the likes of Rojo or Darmian because their wages are so inflated perhaps?

I think Andy P is Herrera’s replacement as it goes and any other midfield signing would have been a bonus. Not looking likely at the moment though.
Who?

Unread 11-07-2019, 11:19 AM
Patty_b

If it pans out that way, then they have really set themselves up for a fall. Just think of how much support Mourinho still had when he was up against the board, and he was an utter @#%&! he had hundreds of millions spent on the squad (maybe not by him directly, but £#%&! knows). He still managed to have a sizeable portion of fans on his side.

If we don't bring in anyone of note and things go to shit this season, then the finger can well and truly only be pointed at the board, and I cannot see many people piling on Ole when that chinless £#%&! is sitting in the stands.

Edit: Then again, maybe they're looking at selling the club and want to spend as little as possible.

Unread 11-07-2019, 11:23 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
If it pans out that way, then they have really set themselves up for a fall. Just think of how much support Mourinho still had when he was up against the board, and he was an utter @#%&! he had hundreds of millions spent on the squad (maybe not by him directly, but £#%&! knows). He still managed to have a sizeable portion of fans on his side.

If we don't bring in anyone of note and things go to shit this season, then the finger can well and truly only be pointed at the board, and I cannot see many people piling on Ole when that chinless £#%&! is sitting in the stands.

Edit: Then again, maybe they're looking at selling the club and want to spend as little as possible.
This is possible, and they're signing up players on long contracts as assets to inflate their value, maybe?

Unread 11-07-2019, 11:24 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

Nqat.

They’ve really made a rod for their own backs IF it ends up the way we all think it will this summer.

Shows how little they know (and care) about the football side of the club.

I don’t understand why we didn’t sell Darmian last summer when (apparently) Juve or Inter (can’t remember which club?) were offering about 12m for him. We kept him and now surely his fee would be even lower now and he’s able to walk on a free next summer I think?

Just get the likes of Darmian and Rojo off the books ffs.

Quote:
This is possible, and they're signing up players on long contracts as assets to inflate their value, maybe?
Yep, could be...

Let’s £#%&!ing hope so anyway.

Quote:
Who?
Peirera...

Can never spell is name right so I call him Andy P

Unread 11-07-2019, 11:41 AM
goldfinger II

Quote:
What is your source for this?

Unread 11-07-2019, 11:45 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Peirera...

Can never spell is name right so I call him Andy P

Good grief, he is awful.

is that is the plan, god help us all...

I would say FTC but I have promised not to anymore.

Unread 11-07-2019, 11:47 AM
Switching Off

Quote:

Sounds about right. Suspect our business is done

Unread 11-07-2019, 11:49 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Good grief, he is awful.

is that is the plan, god help us all...

I would say FTC but I have promised not to anymore.
OK, but you think we need to FTC if we sign Longstaff or Lemina, but then our current players are either @#%&!s, or not good enough, so what do you suggest?

I would ask who you want to sign, but you'd just boot up your Footy Manager save, filter by CM's and sort by highest value

Unread 11-07-2019, 11:52 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Sounds about right. Suspect our business is done
Keeping an eye and interested in plenty though, apparently.

Will depend on who is leaving, how much money we get and whether then price of those we want increases or decreases as the deadline approaches imo.

Less than a month to go isn’t it?
Closed Thread