United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-01-2020, 10:50 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Thought it worked well and provided the lads with much needed confidence in their abilities.

Matic was perfectly suited to it.
Did you watch the game ? It constantly put us under their press and should have had us 4-2 down (Agg)

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I’ll give you ten minutes and will accept an apology via rep.

Unread 30-01-2020, 10:51 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Did you watch the game ? It constantly put us under their press and should have had us 4-2 down (Agg)
We were still doing in the 89th minute when we needed a goal...

Just hoof the thing ffs.

Unread 30-01-2020, 10:52 AM
Cream

Quote:

Aye but I watched it live, not on MOTD.

Check the match thread, I'm all over it.
#committed.

Unread 30-01-2020, 10:52 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
wow move to Beef thread 'i'll give you ten minutes'....

Unread 30-01-2020, 10:53 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
You must spread etc...

Unread 30-01-2020, 10:54 AM
Mr_Ed

I don’t mind it per se but when you’ve got players who aren’t technically great doing it then the problems start.

Phil Jones pinging it around like Pirlo ? What a joke.

Unread 30-01-2020, 11:26 AM
Switching Off

Everybody does it and it makes sense when you've sold Fellaini, Lukaku etc who can't hold it up. But it was £#%&!ing suicidal last night. My lad was fuming at them. Do at at home to Bournemouth, not away to City

Unread 30-01-2020, 11:30 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Everybody does it and it makes sense when you've sold Fellaini, Lukaku etc who can't hold it up. But it was £#%&!ing suicidal last night. My lad was fuming at them. Do at at home to Bournemouth, not away to City
Looks like me and your lad know our football pal...

Unread 30-01-2020, 11:38 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Tbh, I think you have to do it at times against City and the dippers, with their high aggressive press, in an attempt to get round it and draw them onto you. The problem with too many more direct balls is the turnover in possession and the risk of just giving it straight back to them and then you're not seeing the ball again for 5 minutes. The weakness is getting the ball through midfield, and has been for 5 years+, Fred has come on a bundle, but the rest are horrific in possession and with their passing when under any sort of pressure. Occasionally it works and we spring through and we look rapier like. Improve the quality through the middle and in wide areas and it would be the way to go.

We definitely need a plan B though. We should've been forcing them back and bombarding them last 10-15 last night..

Unread 30-01-2020, 11:45 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Looks like me and your lad know our football pal...

Top reds

windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Tbh, I think you have to do it at times against City and the dippers, with their high aggressive press, in an attempt to get round it and draw them onto you. The problem with too many more direct balls is the turnover in possession and the risk of just giving it straight back to them and then you're not seeing the ball again for 5 minutes. The weakness is getting the ball through midfield, and has been for 5 years+, Fred has come on a bundle, but the rest are horrific in possession and with their passing when under any sort of pressure. Occasionally it works and we spring through and we look rapier like. Improve the quality through the middle and in wide areas and it would be the way to go.

We definitely need a plan B though. We should've been forcing them back and bombarding them last 10-15 last night..
What happened to ours by the way? I thought that was what we were planning to do this season. Haven't seen it yet - although granted with Matic in the middle, it ain't gonna happen. Fred I can see adopting that style and McTommers too but, even when fit, never really saw evidence of it.

andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

We were a man down by then tbf

It's hard enough to do 11 v 11

Unread 30-01-2020, 11:48 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

We were doing it ALL game, even in the first half ...

It was causing us problems from the off...

Unread 30-01-2020, 11:50 AM
Cream

Quote:
We were doing it ALL game, even in the first half ...

It was causing us problems from the off...
Long ball Larry.

Unread 30-01-2020, 11:50 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
What happened to ours by the way? I thought that was what we were planning to do this season. Haven't seen it yet - although granted with Matic in the middle, it ain't gonna happen. Fred I can see adopting that style and McTommers too but, even when fit, never really saw evidence of it.
You have seen it, or you haven't been watching tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

Yeah true. £#%&!ing Matic

Actually, £#%&!ing ref I saw the first yellow and it was barely even a £#%&!ing foul. That @#%&! Rodri maliciously pulled Lingard back to prevent a 3 on 2 and got the same punishment :£#%&!er: £#%&!ing shit rules that benefit cheating.

Unread 30-01-2020, 11:53 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Long ball Larry.
Sometimes it's applicable....

Bunks - FA coaching badges

Cream - failed Swimming badges.

Unread 30-01-2020, 11:57 AM
Cream

Quote:
Sometimes it's applicable....

Bunks - FA coaching badges

Cream - failed Swimming badges.
Don't forget my ABA badges. Might have to apply the high press to your snotter if this carries on.

Unread 30-01-2020, 12:03 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Don't forget my ABA badges. Might have to apply the high press to your snotter if this carries on.

Unread 30-01-2020, 12:10 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Bit difficult to say it doesn’t work when we beat city (twice!)

Quote:

Waffles - you couldn’t make him up

Unread 30-01-2020, 12:22 PM
Jack Duckworth

i don't like it as it puts you under immediate pressure near your goal. it might work in la liga where teams stand off and let you play in your half, but it doesn't work here.

it's obviously some noncery that is being taught on coaching courses. hopefully it won't last long.
Closed Thread