United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-03-2023, 10:40 AM
goldfinger II

Wasn't there talk that Ratcliffe might bid only for the Glazers' shares?

That might represent his best chance of success. The Qataris may only be interested in owning the whole thing outright. I imagine the Glazers would be more than happy to sell only their shares and receive all of the profit themselves.

It is possible that an overall bid by the Qataris could still mean more money for the Glazers, of course. It might be that Ratcliffe would be willing to overpay more for the Glazers' shares, than he would to buy the club outright, since the overall cost to him would still be smaller and if it gets him control of the club, what does it matter if other people have shares?

I'd let the @#%&!s stay on in some kind of silent, "honorary" capacity too, if it meant getting the club away from them.

Anyway, fingers crossed for Big Jim

Unread 21-03-2023, 10:46 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
Wasn't there talk that Ratcliffe might bid only for the Glazers' shares?

That might represent his best chance of success. The Qataris may only be interested in owning the whole thing outright. I imagine the Glazers would be more than happy to sell only their shares and receive all of the profit themselves.

It is possible that an overall bid by the Qataris could still mean more money for the Glazers, of course. It might be that Ratcliffe would be willing to overpay more for the Glazers' shares, than he would to buy the club outright, since the overall cost to him would still be smaller and if it gets him control of the club, what does it matter if other people have shares?

I'd let the @#%&!s stay on in some kind of silent, "honorary" capacity too, if it meant getting the club away from them.

Anyway, fingers crossed for Big Jim
It’s only the glazers shares that are for sale anyway. They can’t make the other shareholders sell. Would be a separate thing.

Unread 21-03-2023, 11:20 AM
goldfinger II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
It’s only the glazers shares that are for sale anyway. They can’t make the other shareholders sell. Would be a separate thing.

Unread 21-03-2023, 11:57 AM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Just a bit confusing who he wants to win.
Probably not PSG.

Unread 21-03-2023, 12:44 PM
tatty

Big Jim’s officially in…the bin.

Unread 21-03-2023, 01:20 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Big Jim’s officially in…the bin.
What kind of bin? Recycling bin? Compost?

And what's he doing in it?

Unread 21-03-2023, 01:28 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
What kind of bin? Recycling bin? Compost?

And what's he doing in it?

bin Hamad Al-Thanis back pocket.

Unread 21-03-2023, 02:52 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Fingers crossed this guy is our new owner. We could operate in the transfer market with a clear conscience.
I know what you mean but I don't think can afford to be to fussy about oil-men or Arabs for that matter, because sadly it is really starting to feel as if Sir Jim has'nt got the money to give our greedy parasite owners & i seem to recall that a certain, Michael Knighton is one of the people that is close to him aswell & that does make wonder if we could be in for a repeat of the Knighton fiasco of 1989 all over again

Unread 21-03-2023, 02:59 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hill
I know what you mean but I don't think can afford to be to fussy about oil-men or Arabs for that matter, because sadly it is really starting to feel as if Sir Jim has'nt got the money to give our greedy parasite owners & i seem to recall that a certain, Michael Knighton is one of the people that is close to him aswell & that does make wonder if we could be in for a repeat of the Knighton fiasco of 1989 all over again
In 2022, the gross profits of Ineos Group amounted to roughly 3.5 billion euros, a significant increase compared to the previous year.....

He's hardly skint

Unread 21-03-2023, 03:01 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hill
He definitely has the money and so does his company but if it was just him buying it then maybe he might overpay but as it is his business that is buying it and they have shitloads of money it doesn't matter if he thinks he wants to pay he ultimately has to answer to INEOS shareholders and they won't let him pay a billion or two extra just because he supported the club as a boy.

Unread 22-03-2023, 05:14 AM
jesper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
He definitely has the money and so does his company but if it was just him buying it then maybe he might overpay but as it is his business that is buying it and they have $#*!loads of money it doesn't matter if he thinks he wants to pay he ultimately has to answer to INEOS shareholders and they won't let him pay a billion or two extra just because he supported the club as a boy.
INEOS is a private company, and Ratcliffe owns a controlling stake (c. 67%), so he doesn't have to answer to anybody on that score.

Unread 22-03-2023, 10:54 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesper
INEOS is a private company, and Ratcliffe owns a controlling stake (c. 67%), so he doesn't have to answer to anybody on that score.
Nice. In that case Jim's all in!

Unread 22-03-2023, 03:34 PM
Bunker Buster

If big Jimbo does win the bid (insha'Allah) you have to fear he might get an unexpected call to a Turkish consulate or a COVID type heart attack in the near future....

After we killed Malcolm and Avi and Joel stepped forward let's have a look who's heir to Big Jim's awful demise...

It's only Samuel and George !

Crime busters of the sea, good fine gentlemen, currently looking after parts of Jim's portfolio...

Jawlines cut from granite...

Unread 22-03-2023, 03:42 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
If big Jimbo does win the bid (insha'Allah) you have to fear he might get an unexpected call to a Turkish consulate or a COVID type heart attack in the near future....

After we killed Malcolm and Avi and Joel stepped forward let's have a look who's heir to Big Jim's awful demise...

It's only Samuel and George !

Crime busters of the sea, good fine gentlemen, currently looking after parts of Jim's portfolio...

Jawlines cut from granite...
Didn't know one of his son's was Will Young.

Unread 22-03-2023, 03:45 PM
Ethers

Quote:
He certainly wishes the Glazers would Leave Right Now! Haha!

Unread 22-03-2023, 03:46 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
That's his name !!! Was googling for ages ..
xfactor winner with a lisp
Sol campbells ex boyfriend

Alpha Will Young

Unread 22-03-2023, 03:54 PM
puressence

His sons are Laurent blanc and shaquira the ex Liverpool player

Unread 22-03-2023, 04:10 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
His sons are Laurent blanc and shaquira the ex Liverpool player
The pics don't lie

Unread 22-03-2023, 06:46 PM
Ethers

Big Jim with a confirmed £5bn+ second bid….

Unread 22-03-2023, 07:21 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Big Jim with a confirmed £5bn+ second bid….
Closed Thread