United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 19-03-2023, 09:49 PM
armchair

If the pen wasn't given they would've said it was controversial but Fulham fully deserved the win.

Unread 19-03-2023, 09:51 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
It’s because it’s us. It can’t just be an open and shut case. There must be a controversy. It was dramatic, but there was no controversy. Even Keane was going on about ‘not getting the decisions at the big grounds’. Fulham had far less to complain about than we did last week. Against Southampton. In our big team ground.

The narrative has to be that the game turned on a decision. It turned on a Fulham player deciding to handle the ball on the line. The decision was simple.

(Also worth noting that the ref didn’t actually give it)
First line of the BBCs game report:

"Manchester United came from a goal down to beat nine-man Fulham and reach the FA Cup semi-finals with a controversial victory at Old Trafford."

Unread 19-03-2023, 09:52 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst
To be fair, he’s made a decent fist of trying to cheat there

Unread 19-03-2023, 09:55 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
First line of the BBCs game report:

"Manchester United came from a goal down to beat nine-man Fulham and reach the FA Cup semi-finals with a controversial victory at Old Trafford."
Only against us could a player deliberately and unquestionably handle the ball on the line and have it labelled ‘controversial’.

You even had that #@&%! Matterface in commentary speculating that it might have not been going in.

Unread 19-03-2023, 09:59 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Only against us could a player deliberately and unquestionably handle the ball on the line and have it labelled ‘controversial’.

You even had that #@&%! Matterface in commentary speculating that it might have not been going in.
Of course it wasn't going in. His hand was in the way!

Unread 19-03-2023, 10:03 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst
Commentators saying some
People are saying was it even on target ffs 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Unread 19-03-2023, 10:11 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
If the pen wasn't given they would've said it was controversial but Fulham fully deserved the win.
could set your watch to it

Unread 19-03-2023, 10:24 PM
GBMUFC2020

Here is the melt down in full

https://www.90min.com/posts/how-fulh...partners/35681

Unread 19-03-2023, 11:00 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMUFC2020
Amazing what an accurate report can do. Certainly makes a difference from the Etihad mouthpiece on the BBC website.

Unread 19-03-2023, 11:14 PM
dunk

Unread 19-03-2023, 11:20 PM
NedKelly

I can’t be certain but it looks to me like he’s rocking this badboy:

https://www.garrisontailors.com/shop...baker-boy-cap/

It’s wonderful to see Erik embracing the Peaky lifestyle. For me, this confirms that he is the perfect manager for us.

“Leadership is not a popularity contest. It’s about getting the job done.” - Erik ten Shelby

Unread 19-03-2023, 11:22 PM
My Name is Heath

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMY9KKtkX/

Warning. Sabitzer DESTROYS journalist in a foreign language

Unread 19-03-2023, 11:25 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Amazing what an accurate report can do. Certainly makes a difference from the Etihad mouthpiece on the BBC website.
would have been more accurate if they noted the ref gave us £#%&! all and that the mitrovic penalty call was about the only decision he got right til the handball.

Unread 19-03-2023, 11:34 PM
Pop

Are highlights on motd2?

Unread 19-03-2023, 11:40 PM
dunk

19 games to go, potentially, already played more than any other team in Europe I think. Mad. EL is brutal.

Unread 19-03-2023, 11:51 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
https://twitter.com/sistoney67/statu...FISmV5ixy0aAOQ

19 games to go, potentially, already played more than any other team in Europe I think. Mad. EL is brutal.
Oh great, the Chelsea game is getting rearranged. That's never bitten us in the arse before

Unread 19-03-2023, 11:59 PM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I can’t be certain but it looks to me like he’s rocking this badboy:

https://www.garrisontailors.com/shop...baker-boy-cap/

It’s wonderful to see Erik embracing the Peaky lifestyle. For me, this confirms that he is the perfect manager for us.

“Leadership is not a popularity contest. It’s about getting the job done.” - Erik ten Shelby

Unread 20-03-2023, 12:50 AM
chooch

Unbelievably the Guardian rambling on about two clear penalties for Fulham. Maybe not so unbelievable. The piss boiling is ramping up.

Unread 20-03-2023, 01:03 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by chooch
Unbelievably the Guardian rambling on about two clear penalties for Fulham. Maybe not so unbelievable. The piss boiling is ramping up.
What?

Mitrovic fouled Martinez on one and can hardly complain about a bot of jostling considering that all he does.

Unread 20-03-2023, 01:18 AM
Denis Irwell

Not sure who the co-pilot was but he and Tyler were surprisingly compliant with all 3 red cards.

They should be hit for failing to control players, manager, coaching staff, bus driver etc